The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 PM   #256
monster
I hear them call the tide

bullet-proof shrink-wrap?
Old 05-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #257
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Soft body armor (bullet proof vest) works by dispersing the energy of sudden impacts. The lighter ones, with lower level ratings, which are comfortable enough for all day wear can be defeated by slower moving projectiles like certain tips on arrows fired from a bow. They can also be penetrated by knife blades of proper design by working the blade through them. Kinda like this:

sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #258
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
maybe it's time to try again.
Putting a big sexy gun with large ammo in his hands changes his mindset. Suddenly he is entitled. People kill people once inspired by the power and righteousness that an assault weapon creates.

Restrict those completely unnecessary weapons to the fewer who are responsible and massacre rates go down. But that means the so many who are now so 'entitled' must first admit why those big guns so make them feel better.

So this is the school shooting of the week. The 'entitled' get angry when we discuss this new reality.

What was last weeks 'shooting of the week'?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:53 PM   #259
sexobon

Sexy gun shooting.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:11 PM   #260
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Guns...
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #261
anonymous
Operations Operative

Meanwhile, a perspective from the other side:

If he were addicted to something, lots of places would take him. If we physically abused him, lots of places would take him. If he were 18, lots of places would take him. As it is, no one wants a middle class, clean cut, straight-A student who hears voices and thinks people are secretly filled with smoke and openly states his plans to mass murder them. It would be extremely easy for this child to purchase an automatic weapon out of the back of someone's car right now, and completely legal--DESPITE all the diagnoses--for him to purchase one from a store on his 18th birthday.

If you don't acknowledge that the NRA has helped make the above situation possible, you're as fucked in the head as he is. Normal, law-abiding citizens want to believe that surely, surely the law wouldn't allow what I'm describing. It does, and will, until you vote every one of the NRA-funded politicians out.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:53 PM   #262
sexobon

A perspective from NORMAL law abiding citizens.

The NRA has become a mirror organization. It wasn't always that way; but, leftist extremists forced it to change. What I have personally seen in some municipalities is an extreme left asking for just reasonable concessions; but, only as a prelude to more concessions and then even more concessions until all privately owned firearms are gone. That extreme faction inserted itself into every compromise reached by typical leftists, moderates, and right leaning people of reason. When the extreme left inserted itself into every situation where an inch was given and tried to take a mile, the typical left did nothing to try to preserve the compromises.

Moderates and right leaning people had their backs forced up against a wall of indifference. They learned not to give an inch and developed their own extreme right organization to fight fire with fire. Those who stood by and did nothing to preserve the earlier compromises, while the extreme left became aggressive through deceptive practices, are now caught up in the back burning. Their indifference backfired on them.

No one deserves the atrocities that are happening; but, they got what they bargained for. The victims are the collateral damage. Of course the NRA is part of the status quo. It wouldn't exist in its present form though if not for the uncompromising and the apathetic who renege on their compromises the moment they think they can get away with it. Those are the low-lives who believe the end justifies the means.

The low-lives not only got what they bargained for, the got what they deserved: Trump and the NRA. If you're still pursuing this agenda by the means that brought Trump and the NRA into power when you should have been doing it the American way by changing the Constitution, you're fucked in the head and your children are paying the price for it with their lives.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #263
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I live less than half a mile from a 3,000 plus member gun club so I hear outdoor shooting practice all the time. A couple afternoons ago when I came home it sounded like the were shooting very large caliber cannons. Most unusual.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:02 PM   #264
sexobon

Well, you know, skeet shooting with shotguns is becoming passé. Shooting drones with anti-aircraft guns is all the rage.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:13 AM   #265
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I live less than half a mile from a 3,000 plus member gun club so I hear outdoor shooting practice all the time. A couple afternoons ago when I came home it sounded like the were shooting very large caliber cannons. Most unusual.
I guess they want howitzers for when the Democrats take the House?
Old 05-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #266
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's it, that's the secret, we'll drive them into bankruptcy buying that ammo to practice!
Old 05-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #267
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
No one deserves the atrocities that are happening; but, they got what they bargained for. The victims are the collateral damage. Of course the NRA is part of the status quo. It wouldn't exist in its present form though if not for the uncompromising and the apathetic who renege on their compromises the moment they think they can get away with it. Those are the low-lives who believe the end justifies the means.
This seems to be a common thread these days. You can't blame conservatives for behaving poorly because the "elites" disrespected them.

"Look what you made me do!" "Why do you make me hit you?"

The soft bigotry of low expectations.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #268
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That's it, that's the secret, we'll drive them into bankruptcy buying that ammo to practice!
I believe Chris Rock proposed bullet control.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #269
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Saw an interesting idea from a talking head Sunday morning. >>

If the guns used in a shooting belonged to a parent, then the parent be held equally culpable.

I bet that a lot more people would keep their guns locked in a gun safe.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #270
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
I believe Chris Rock proposed bullet control.
That's been used some what successfully in some colonies, but wouldn't work here. We have enough reloading equipment in the hands of civilians to supply a sizable army with a steady supply of ammo.
Attached Images