Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-26-2015, 08:46 AM   #1
be-bop
Operations Operative

Has the Capitalist System had it’s day?

I ask the question as the world appears to be looming towards another mass recession due to the
Collapse of the Chinese stock market

The world is supposedly just getting back on it’s feet after the chaos of 2008 (although the vast majority of us working people have seen very little of any recovery)

So I ask the question again , Has the Capitalist System or so called Free Market economy had it’s day, the soul pursuit of profit without any moral or social responsibility in my eyes is wrong (when is enough profit enough )and despite all the bullshit spoken by big business, politicians and economists and such like very little of the worlds wealth trickles down to the average worker.

I’m not advocating communism as an alternative as many people I’ve had this discussion with seem to think I want, just to open someone’s mind to look at things in a different way, there must be a better alternative out there, because anyone can see that Capitalism is very much broken and I doubt there is a fix out there soon.
be-bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by be-bop View Post
Stop letting the local gossip manipulate your emotions. The sky is only falling when an adult is manipulate by 'we fear everything' reporters who get paid more if they generate fear and emotion. This is the normal downturn that was long overdue due to work that was not productive in China 5 years ago.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Of course not, the capitalist system has won. Before the 20th century the oligarchy (kings, dictators, robber barons), through wealth & power, were controlling the world. Then For awhile during the latter half of the 20th century, we had visions of sugar plum fairies, humanity first, justice for all, peace and prosperity, if it wasn't for the damn commies, if it wasn't for the dark skinned people, if it wasn't for the boogie man of the other guy's religion/culture/attitude, if it wasn't for... ad infinitum.

But during that time the oligarchy was, under the umbrella of Capitalism, the power behind everything. They remained in the shadows, letting us dream of whirled peas, until we abdicated our power to the oligarchy, by scrambling over the crumbs while they made off with the picnic basket.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #4
it
Banned

Because of the latest fearfall? No.
In the next few decades... Kinda:

it is offline   Reply With Quote