The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

Ch ch ch changes

It our ongoing effort to de-clutter, I am now forced to spend my first Sunday without a metric shit-ton of un-used vinyl in the house. As Pete put it, "Now you can think back to when you were cool." ouch
Old 12-30-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Et tu, Pete, et tu.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #3
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Mr Limey has valiantly devinylised Limey Towers in preparation for our move to smaller quarters. Apparently we will have 10 sq.m. less floorspace ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

Some competing emotions, but I feel good having done it. The precious space is important as well.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I have two stacks of vinyl to go through. A stack from each grandmother.

One liked country music, and liked going to local dances where there was a live band. If that band was hawking their record she bought it and had them sign it. Most are artists/groups I (and the google) have never heard of, signed.

The other loved bluegrass and early (think early years of The Grand Ole Opry) country, Acuff, Little Jimmy Dickens , Louvin Bros, Carter Family (this Grandmadigr played guitar Mother Maybelle-style, called teh Maybelle Scratch, but using all ten fingers w/her left thumb over the top of the neck for the big E) and the like.

Need to go through them, but my turntable is under half a ton of garbage. I don't know whether to throw mine down or bring theirs up.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:45 AM   #6
Squawk
Peoploid

I have about 400 vinyl records which I am resolutely holding on to. I listen to vinyl most days. When I buy new music I always try to get it on vinyl. I've sold a few records over the years when I've been skint, a painful experience for me. I hope I never have to get rid of them, some of them are like old friends to me.

Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Squawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #7
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Spencer asked for and got a record player for christmas. I spent $200 in the record store with a quickness. $15-$25 per album...Zeppelin, hendrix, floyd....plus one $75 collectible White Stripes 3 record set. ironic
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

Yeah, I got $300 for 1/2 my albums the rest went to the Salvation Army... probably could have hooked Spencer up but what is done is done.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:20 AM   #9
Kippiis
Kinda New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I have about 400 vinyl records which I am resolutely holding on to. I listen to vinyl most days. When I buy new music I always try to get it on vinyl. I've sold a few records over the years when I've been skint, a painful experience for me. I hope I never have to get rid of them, some of them are like old friends to me.
Damn, that's many! I have around 120 vinyl records and some people call me crazy
Kippiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:01 AM   #10
Squawk
Peoploid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippiis View Post
Damn, that's many! I have around 120 vinyl records and some people call me crazy
Hehe, keep up the good work!

And welcome to the forums as well

Lo-Fidelity Allstars
Squawk is offline   Reply With Quote