The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

View Poll Results: Is Godiva Chocolate With Chocolate Hearts available in your area?
Yes, it's at.... 1 11.11%
No, just the other Godiva flavors 4 44.44%
No Godiva at all in this benighted place. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
russotto
Professor

Godiva Ice Cream

I swear there's a conspiracy to take away the ice cream I like. (I suspect Richard Simmons). My favorite was Haagen-Dazs Coffee Mocha Chip, which they discontinued first in the pints, then at the King of Prussia store... last I checked was still available on South Street, but for who knows how long?

Then there was Godiva. They came out with a number of ice cream flavors, including my favorite Chocolate with Chocolate Hearts. It was always hard to find, but a few months ago it disappeared entirely. All the other flavors are available, but not that one. I wrote to them and they told me it was not discontinued and was available at a number of stores not particularly near me. I went to one of them and... they didn't have it either. It wasn't sold out, there wasn't even a spot on the shelf for it. I think Godiva discontinued it and gave me a list of stores they thought I'd never check.

So, the poll: Is Chocolate with Chocolate Hearts available in your area. If so, please post where!
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I posted Yes, it's available at, but I was thinking Vegas...there is a Godiva factory there. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

may want to try

http://www.godiva.com/welcome.aspx

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #3
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Oh yeah, I looked at the store awhile back but forgot to post about it: Yes, Chocolate with Chocolate Hearts was on the shelves at the Central Market (owned by H-E-B) here in Austin, as well as the regular H-E-B by my house.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

No Godiva here, but we've got Graeter's which is pure heaven!

I never did think Godiva chocolate was all that great.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:47 PM   #5
lookout123
changed his status to single

i don't think we have Godiva ice cream in Phoenix, at least i've never noticed it.

We do have Cold Stone, though. They are the absolute greatest. they make the ice cream, and they mix in whatever you want while you wait. phenomenal.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #6
clmjepps
Kinda New Member

Dear Professor:

Your poll seems to indicate that the flavor of ice cream you are craving is available in many places, just not where you shop for it. I, too, am in a similiar dilemma whereby the flavor, "Chocolate Cheesecake" is not available at my local grocer; there is a label for it on the shelf in the freezer, but no product; I asked the frozen foods manager about this and she told me that the "Godiva People" choose which flavors to stock in which stores. I fear not a conspiracy at the top, but rather that it is a simple supply and demand function. Since "Chocolate with Chocolate Hearts" is available at my store and hopefully "Chocolate Cheesecake" is available at yours, we could do business.
clmjepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I just had a sighting ... Shop Rite, East Norriton Shopping Center (North East (I think) Corner of Germantown Pike and 202 (DeKalb Pike) (sorta). If you're familiar with the center you know that the catering place is right on the corner, and this shopping center is less than 1/2 block off that intersection and has it's own traffic light.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #8
russotto
Professor

Ah, thanks. Yep, I know exactly where that is.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:09 AM   #9
ccpanel
Neophyte-in-training

where can i find godiva belgian chocolate?

im in nor-cal we have safeway(where it is gone from) and albertsons and raleys/bel air.
where can i find it?
thanks
ccpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #10
russotto
Professor

Genaurdi's (Safeway) and Acme (Albertsons) in my area both have Godiva belgian chocolate. So does Clemens. No one has choc/choc hearts, not even Shop-Rite (they had vanilla/choc caramel hearts).

When the stores had it, it was just a few and not for long, which leads me to believe that they stopped stocking it because it didn't sell many because they weren't stocking many.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Godiva website only lists the Godiva ice cream boutiques for any zip code.
ccpanel, did you try emailing Godiva? Can't hurt. I noticed that when I Googled Godiva ice cream this thread comes up on the first page. Is that how you found us? Welcome to the Cellar however you got here. After dessert stick around for the floorshow.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:04 AM   #12
ccpanel
Neophyte-in-training

belgian godiva

i emailed tech and got a chat line.
they sent me a phone number dedicated to ice cream.
they signed me up for mail and she said she ouwl email me if she foudna place.
long process.
and yes-i found you by google.
and hey-im in nor-cal-chico. where all you at that your safeway has godiva belgian. and BTW-my albertsons/raleys neither of them has any godiva at all.

safeway has godiva somthing else(forget cause dont like it) but its only one flavour instead of 3 used to be belgian and somthing and rasberry. now only the other-some kind of vanilla mix.
thanks
ccpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:35 PM   #13
russotto
Professor

I have discovered the culprit, at least on the East Coast. It is, as I suspected, a distributor issue. The local stores all get Godiva ice cream through the company formerly known as Richfood, and they don't carry that flavor.

Ironically, the company which now owns Richfood is a client of the company I work at. This does not mean I have any influence whatsoever, unless I care to go directly into their production datab...err, no, that would be wrong. And more to the point probably wouldn't work and would get me fired if caught. Oh well.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:48 AM   #14
staceyv
Lecturer

First,, fill out one of those comment cards at your grocery store or just mail the manager a letter saying you want them to carry it. That actually worked for me- they even sent me a letter back in the mail.
Also, go on the company's website and find a way to contact them. Email them, ask them who their distributor is, let them know that their product isn't available anymore where you used to buy it. Email the distributor too. I did this when I couldn't find Cape Cod chips in the convenience stores anymore. I think the company got pissed at their distributor, because the poor guy called me, reassured me that he would keep them well stocked, he even asked me what flavors I'm looking for. He also mentioned that it would be nice if I me to let the company know that he called and that he was working to fix the situation.
Well, now I can get Cape Cod chips at any convenience store on the island, and my local grocery store now keeps ostrich and duck in stock
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #15
russotto
Professor

The plot sickens. Clemens says they can't get it because Richfood doesn't have that flavor. The company which bought Richfood has responded to my inquiry by saying they don't distribute Godiva at all; it must be another distributor and I should ask Clemens about it. It's the old runaround!