The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 10-06-2020, 08:49 PM   #751
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Look what happened to the name Karen in the last year.
My wife is Karen, and it's actually pretty hard on her.

Imagine if your name was used commonly as a pejorative. Not you, Jim, just "you" in general. It's really fucked up. She didn't do anything to deserve it. And none of those women are even named Karen.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #752
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

That sucks. The good news is that I think the same rapidfire culture hose that made it get so widespread so fast will also ensure that it dies out surprisingly quickly as well. I already see it way less than I did a few months ago. In another year or two it will be a completely outdated reference.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:56 PM   #753
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
My wife is Karen, and it's actually pretty hard on her.

Imagine if your name was used commonly as a pejorative. Not you, Jim, just "you" in general. It's really fucked up. She didn't do anything to deserve it. And none of those women are even named Karen.
Hey, I named a kid Amazon. That ain't ever going away......
Old 10-06-2020, 10:56 PM   #754
monster
I hear them call the tide

tg our last name isn't Prime.....
Old 10-07-2020, 12:56 AM   #755
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Hi Dude and all, on this Covid, I have and will continue to keep my Immune System strong and healthy. The US and world are in sad places..

Due to other issues I have not had to wear a mask as I stay around my apt bldg and love the fresh air I breath when I out outside and MOST of my friends don't wear one when they visit me.
That's not a good idea. Scientists all over the world have been working on every aspect of the virus and leaned an awful lot it a year since it first appeared. One discovery is the hand washing and lifespan of the virus on different surface types is far less important than the first thought, although it's still a good idea even without the virus threat.

But probably the most important thing is aerosol transmission, which was dismissed in the beginning, seems to be a major vector. Not the big and little droplets with the 6 ft spacing requirement, but the tiny virus carrying moisture that travels around the room on air currents both natural and HVAC created. They finally verified this is a major problem.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:17 AM   #756
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
tg our last name isn't Prime.....
Old 10-07-2020, 07:25 AM   #757
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Not the big and little droplets with the 6 ft spacing requirement, but the tiny virus carrying moisture that travels around the room on air currents both natural and HVAC created. They finally verified this is a major problem.
Over the weekend, I went camping and had to take my mask off in the bathroom when I brushed my teeth. I was the only one in the bathroom, but I still felt super vulnerable, because there was no ventilation in there. There could have been a covid dude that used the bathroom an hour before me and left, and then I went in and got infected.

Anyway, I kind of held my breath and breathed shallow breaths when I couldn't hold it any longer, and got out as fast as I could. The following night, I brushed my teeth in the campsite.

And when I used the bathroom for real, I wore a mask.

Statistically, the infection rate is something like half a percent or one percent, so odds are I will be fine from that one slip up, but you can't be sure.

It's little screw ups like that, where you let your guard down for a moment, that it's going to get you. Which would be a real shame after all I've gone through to get to this point.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:47 PM   #758
jaminhealth
Banned

I have not had a mask on myself and believe they do more harm than any good.....
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:02 PM   #759
glatt

Is it really something that required "belief."

The only drawback I ever heard from masks that seemed legitimate was that if you use something that is not intended to be a mask as a mask, then you run the risk of breathing in loose fibers given off by that thing.

Actual masks designed to be masks are not a concern.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:22 PM   #760
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Is it really something that required "belief."

The only drawback I ever heard from masks that seemed legitimate was that if you use something that is not intended to be a mask as a mask, then you run the risk of breathing in loose fibers given off by that thing.

Actual masks designed to be masks are not a concern.
Pretty sure you're not gonna get "cotton lung" from loose mask fibers unless you're the canary in the Burlington Mill

That said, it seems trollish to go on about how you proudly don't wear a mask because you think they do more harm than good. But what do I know? I'm not a Russian bot.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:34 PM   #761
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have not had a mask on myself and believe they do more harm than any good.....
Wear a mask and go ƒuck yoruself, Troll scum.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:27 PM   #762
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Wear a mask and go ƒuck yoruself, Troll scum.
Take your penis out of your mouth. Act like an adult for once. Not a Trump disciple.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:27 AM   #763
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Get Yer Fur Coats NOW, Folks!

At least 12,000 mink dead as coronavirus spreads among fur farms in Utah and Wisconsin

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:38 PM   #764
jaminhealth
Banned

Oh thanks for that great info, I'll run out to buy a mink for my trips to my beach.....
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:12 AM   #765
Griff
still says videotape

The Fall spike appears to be underway. I'm working from home for two weeks due to the local spike. My client's sister lives in Paris which is a damn mess and the BBC is talking about the British spike.