The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 11:29 PM   #16
Ibby
"She", not "he", guys
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "the high up north"
Posts: 6,016
rkzenrage, I knew you werent saying that. I was describing Merc's scenario, not yours, to point out that you dont agree with him.

Quote:
Cool, and I am saying you are inmature teen who has never known the responsiblity of parenthood and never has even paid your own damm bills long enough to know what the term "responsibility" means. Now go get a job.
Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem... yawn.
You have yet to respond to my arguments once.

You fail.
__________________
not really back, you didn't see me, i was never here shhhhhh
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #17
Cloud
...
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,360
um, so um . . .

how old should a child to get his/her own email address?

on second thought--

nevermind!
__________________
"Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards!"
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:33 PM   #18
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
um, so um . . .

how old should a child to get his/her own email address?

on second thought--

nevermind!
Well according to the teens on here, it sounds like 10 years old and unsupervised would be Ok with them.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #19
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
rkzenrage, I knew you werent saying that. I was describing Merc's scenario, not yours, to point out that you dont agree with him.



Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem... yawn.
You have yet to respond to my arguments once.

You fail.
You fail because you have no experience. If I fail it is because I fail trying.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 PM   #20
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 7,337
So there its settled , you both fail , !!!!!!
__________________
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. "
Brother Dave Gardner
zippyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #21
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt View Post
So there its settled , you both fail , !!!!!!
No, age and treachery trumps youth.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #22
Ibby
"She", not "he", guys
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "the high up north"
Posts: 6,016
Still more ad hominem?

When is it going to get through to you that even though I dont have kids, I know the effect of authoritarian dictatorship in the household?

You are saying your experience automatically makes you right. I'm saying logic says you are wrong.

Who's making more sense here?
__________________
not really back, you didn't see me, i was never here shhhhhh
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:55 PM   #23
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post

Who's making more sense here?
It sure the hell is not you. Well I bet most teens would agree with you, so I will give you that others who lack the experience of parenthood may share your views.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #24
Ibby
"She", not "he", guys
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "the high up north"
Posts: 6,016
TM, you have yet to even make an argument for anyone other than you to agree with! All you have done is call me every name you can think of. You have yet to defend the fact that you overcontrol your children other than the fact that you can.
__________________
not really back, you didn't see me, i was never here shhhhhh
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #25
rkzenrage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
rkzenrage, I knew you werent saying that. I was describing Merc's scenario, not yours, to point out that you dont agree with him.
Ok... can you respond to my post now? This does seem to be a peeve of yours.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #26
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
TM, you have yet to even make an argument for anyone other than you to agree with! All you have done is call me every name you can think of. You have yet to defend the fact that you overcontrol your children other than the fact that you can.
Again, I know you have the hearing and attention span of a teen so let me repeat this slowwwwwlllly.....

Where do I "over control" my children?
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #27
Ibby
"She", not "he", guys
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "the high up north"
Posts: 6,016
What's there to respond to?

Sure, parents should limit kids' access to ADULT content... I guess. (I rather resent the assumption that there is a such thing as adult content, but thats up to you)
But for a teenager especially, teaching them why they shouldnt do it then trusting them not to until theyre ready for it is the only acceptable course of action, in my book, and the only that will work.
__________________
not really back, you didn't see me, i was never here shhhhhh
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:09 AM   #28
Ibby
"She", not "he", guys
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "the high up north"
Posts: 6,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Again, I know you have the hearing and attention span of a teen so let me repeat this slowwwwwlllly.....

Where do I "over control" my children?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary
Any parent with a teen in the house should get and have installed on all computers in the house this program, we have it on all of ours and can monitor everything our kids do: http://www.computer-monitoring.com/spectorpro.htm


You can also get this:

http://www.mysafekeeper.com/blockteens/
__________________
not really back, you didn't see me, i was never here shhhhhh
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #29
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
What's there to respond to?

Sure, parents should limit kids' access to ADULT content... I guess. (I rather resent the assumption that there is a such thing as adult content, but thats up to you)
But for a teenager especially, teaching them why they shouldnt do it then trusting them not to until theyre ready for it is the only acceptable course of action, in my book, and the only that will work.
Out of the mouth of a babe... why of course a teen such as you would make such a comment. You are all knowing. All experienced. So I would suggest that your comment of I am a Mother-fucking-Asshole because of the way I choose to parent is none of you punk teen business. now is it? And may you be blessed with a child just like you, that is the best anyone could hope for you. I wish you the best. And I hope that no harm comes to any of your spawn because of your ignorance.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #30
Ibby
"She", not "he", guys
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "the high up north"
Posts: 6,016
We need to make an 'ad hominem' smiley or something so I dont have to keep typing it over and over.
__________________
not really back, you didn't see me, i was never here shhhhhh
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Help fill the mug... click to donate
"Why does a fly die when it's hit with a flyswatter?"
- Actual "unanswerable question" submitted to "Ask Marilyn"

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.