The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Griff 03-11-2018 10:13 AM

Huzzah!

I'm super happy with the Paralympic stuff I'm seeing. These are real athletes doing damn exciting things. Unfortunately, the Navy Seal Cnossen makes me feel like a damn slacker when he's working on his 2nd Masters Degree from Harvard while training for and winning biathlon Gold.

xoxoxoBruce 03-11-2018 04:46 PM

Slacker? http://cellar.org/2012/nono.gif Most men would do sinful things to have your house, family, and Benny. You're too close to see your own accomplishments.

Glinda 04-28-2018 11:24 PM

Earworm Humor

I'm visiting a friend in Butthole, MT. The first morning I was here, I woke up with the mother of all earworms. Naturally, I had to share this infection with my friend (pass that crazy shit on, man). Two days later, we're both caught in a double-negative buffalo-earworm vortex of massive proportions.

This evening, after some purposeful self-medication, I stepped out onto the second-floor deck to enjoy a cig in the warm, spring evening air. I mean, it's just perfect out there tonight. As I gaze out over the site of Sitting Bull's camp at the Battle of the Little Big Horn, I begin to notice a subtle shift in the buffalo-earworm migration pattern.

Ah-hah. The worm has turned!

Eager to bring buffalo salvation to my friend, I race inside and announce "Hey, I've got another song in my head!"

Without a beat and wearing a completly deadpan expression, he says, "Hold on. Let me leave the room first."

:lol2:

I dunno. Maybe you had to be there?

sexobon 04-28-2018 11:36 PM

Two's company, three's a crowd. Seems like she figured it was either her or the earworm and you know how earworms are.

Glinda 04-28-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1007713)
Two's company, three's a crowd. Seems like she figured it was either her or the earworm and you know how earworms are.

I do.

That's why I'm trying to pass that shit on!

Unfortunately, he just triple-backflip headbutted me with this.

Motherfucker! :mad:

sexobon 04-29-2018 12:20 AM

Bummer, it's almost as though he pulled a Trigger on you.

(Sorry I missed the "he" in your previous post and used she in my reply.)

Fortunately, I was listening to The Magnificent Westerns Album by The City of Prague Philharmonic on Amazon music a couple days ago which conferred partial immunity to Westerns earworms for now.

Glinda 04-29-2018 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1007717)
Bummer, it's almost as though he pulled a Trigger on you.

Oh, you did not just . . . By god, you did. Well done, sir.

Quote:

(Sorry I missed the "he" in your previous post and used she in my reply.)

No worries. :)

Quote:

Fortunately, I was listening to The Magnificent Westerns Album by The City of Prague Philharmonic on Amazon music a couple days ago which conferred partial immunity to Westerns earworms for now.

I've heard Big Pharma is working diligently on a generic, non-habit forming anti-Westerns earworm lozenge. I'm all about that.

Oh yeah.

Meanwhile, the buffalo returneth. Pfffft.

BigV 04-30-2018 10:16 AM

Leaving Skamania Lodge now to go to the trailhead of the Beacon Rock trail at Beacon Rock State Park.

Pics later

Gravdigr 04-30-2018 03:45 PM

:)

monster 04-30-2018 05:36 PM

My kids are all home and it's REALLY nice <3

:cry:

Clodfobble 04-30-2018 08:31 PM

Aww. :thumbsup:

monster 04-30-2018 08:37 PM

all done. one buggered back off already. Then summonsed another to haul over some extra shit she forgot.....

it's fabulous, but I wish beest were here to enjoy it too

Clodfobble 05-01-2018 04:15 AM

I imagine that feeling will never really go away. It's how you know he was special.

Carruthers 05-03-2018 03:53 PM

The fruit and veg stall at this morning's market had the first Jersey Royal spuds of the season.

Let joy be unconfined! :)

Griff 05-04-2018 07:46 AM

My training was cancelled yesterday so I blew off work and had a great ride yesterday.