The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

infinite monkey 03-11-2012 03:46 PM

Today, it was beautiful outside and I and my mom and dad and younger brother and sissy-law and my three nieces and my older brother's chocolate lab (bro and wife out of town, my 'rents are the dogsitters) played outside. Me and S (2 of 3) made an obstacle course and we timed the girls, each wanting another turn to see if they could do it faster.

it 03-11-2012 04:20 PM

i have gotten almost 4000 shekels (about 1000USD) in military veteran benefits while i was away, which i didn't find out about until today, contacting the military veteran call center for completely different reasons... seriously you'd think they'd tell you those things? anyway it was nice to find out.

also i have a new business idea which i am researching about, i am loosing weight, i am getting into shape, i am mastering the art of stuffing myself on salads and i am fitting into clothes which i haven't fitted into in months.

the new breathing techniques i have learned a few weeks back are becoming increasingly habitual, and i have had only two panic attacks from thinking about my stepson in the last week (trust me it's a huge improvement). it isn't fading but at least i know what i am dealing with and know i can live with it - i am learning better and better to see those bastards coming.

knowing how much i obsess about birthdays (mine, hers, birthdays in general.. lov' em), since it was just my ex-wife birthday, i have the nice feeling of knowing she'll be expecting me to call or try to contact her, and that i am not (i am keeping to my no-contact-to-get-over-her rule), which will probably be a combination of relief and disappointment for her. its always nice remembering that the person your having such a hard time not thinking about is probably thinking about you.

i am starting to be able to look at other women sexually, which is a huge improvement.

my usual sense of optimism - the knowledge i can overcome every obstacle and always figure out a way - is coming back. my old energetic self... also it helps that i am over caffeinated like hell.

limey 03-11-2012 10:32 PM

Sounds good, traceur!

Sent by thought transference

BigV 03-12-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 800954)

this makes me happy.

Those are some *cute kids*. (nyuk nyuk nyuk)

limey 03-13-2012 09:38 AM

Oh Oh the cute li'l noises!!!

ETA: Glad that ma is doing well, too!

classicman 03-13-2012 03:22 PM

I copped an attitude today, decided to take the day off from looking for work and to just go out and play. I feel good, tired as hell, but good!

Griff 03-13-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 801292)
Oh Oh the cute li'l noises!!!

ETA: Glad that ma is doing well, too!

They got outside over the weekend.

DanaC 03-13-2012 05:25 PM

Awwwww Bless 'em. They're so cute!

BigV 03-13-2012 07:03 PM

not afraid of falling, are they? sooo adorable.

y'know... I don't **love** my shrubbery. I mean it's green everywhere around here, having a little contrast wouldn't be bad. Not if it meant I could see that kind of silliness in the back yard.

glatt 03-13-2012 07:07 PM

What cute kids!

monster 03-13-2012 09:09 PM

are they named?

Aliantha 03-13-2012 09:44 PM

Max turns 3 tomorrow. I was going to go get his present this arvy, but a friend of mine just found the bike I was going to get him for 30 dollars less in another store, so that's nice. I just have to go get it from her place now instead. :)

I am making a train cake for the little monster. I was originally planning on making the cake(s), but decided that since I feel like shit most of the time atm, I'd do myself a favour and just buy bar loaf Madeira cakes at the supermarket. It's probably worked out cheaper doing it that way anyway.

zippyt 03-13-2012 10:39 PM

Happy bday Max

Griff 03-14-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 801364)
are they named?

Yeah, so much for eating them, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. Not so creative this time.

monster 03-14-2012 06:00 AM

Athos: Shish Kebabbed
Porthos: Slow BBQd
Aramis: Curried