The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Clodfobble 10-13-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC
A tasty meal: baked potato with butter and tuna/mayo mix with chopped spring onion and chilli.

I'm sorry... Even accepting the first ingredients--which I do only in the most nominal sense--are you really saying you put a red meat/bean stew on top of your tunafish baked potato, or is this a language barrier thing?

HungLikeJesus 10-13-2008 09:55 PM

I think she's saying that's what Pilau was eating.

That dog is spoilt.

monster 10-13-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 493283)
I'm sorry... Even accepting the first ingredients--which I do only in the most nominal sense--are you really saying you put a red meat/bean stew on top of your tunafish baked potato, or is this a language barrier thing?

I'm thinking chilli powder. or just the veg. spring onion is a green onion/scallion.

monster 10-13-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 492955)
We got our first snow of the season last night.

Snow! Snow!

But I hope it's gone by tomorrow.

where the bollocking hell are you? alaska? :eek: it was 80 degrees here in chilly Michigan

HungLikeJesus 10-14-2008 11:04 AM

I'm not far from case. She probably got some too (at the new house).

xoxoxoBruce 10-14-2008 12:55 PM

Saturday, they had over a foot in Billings, MT. :eek:

sweetwater 10-14-2008 01:07 PM

It won't be making me particularly happy while I'm making it, but afterward I will enjoy a piece of warm apple pie! Now if only I could find some cinnamon ice cream to have with it.:biggrin:

BigV 10-14-2008 01:20 PM

Holding hands with Tink.

:heartpump

limey 10-14-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 493283)

Language barrier thing .... chilli is the hot pepper that gives "chilli con carne" (the spicy meat dish with beans and tomatoes). I'm thinking Dana has put chopped scallions/spring onions/syboes and chopped chilli peppers on Pilau's tuna/mayo mix.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

dar512 10-14-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetwater (Post 493559)
Now if only I could find some cinnamon ice cream to have with it.:biggrin:

Breyers has a "Fried Ice Cream" flavor that might do for you.

DanaC 10-14-2008 02:24 PM

w-wait a minute......when did it become Pilau's tuna/mayo mix? I didn't get that memo...

But yes *smiles* that's exactly it Limey. Baked potato, with a filling: tuna, mayo, chopped spring onions (scallions?) and chopped chillis (chilli peppers), the really little ones.

Quote:

I'm sorry... Even accepting the first ingredients--which I do only in the most nominal sense--
which two ingredients? baked potato and tuna, or tuna and mayo?

The potato isn't baked with the tuna. The potato is baked, and then cut in two, bit of butter rubbed onto the potato and then the filling (in this case a mix of tuna, mayonaise, chopped scallions and cjhopped chilli peppers) in heaped onto it.

Sundae 10-14-2008 02:30 PM

Went to the opening of Festivals of Light at the Discover Story Centre in Stratford today, that quite a few of our artists have been working on. It was absolutely gorgeous and reminded me again why we cut the artists so much slack when they are behaving badly. The whole centre is really exciting and made me want to either be a child again, or take some children along.

In fact I've got a date for my child mentoring interview set now - November 7th. I'm going to try to be calm about it as I'm either right for it or I'm not and they are the experts. But I know I will cry if I don't get through.

Pico and ME 10-14-2008 02:33 PM

SG...DONT worry. I've been through those interviews and I can tell that you will fit the bill with no problem. All they are looking for is a sensible, stable and giving person...which you are.

Oh...and they are looking for someone who will truly commit to the program. This interview is as much for you as it is for them.

Sundae 10-14-2008 02:40 PM

Thanks Pico!

Well, I have my backup plan of volunteering at the cat centre.
Diz is currently under the duvet tent I've created with my knees to prop up the laptop. He's cleaning himself and sometimes I get a paw pressed against my leg, sometimes warm fur and sometimes his flicky ears.
That makes me very happy too.

Clodfobble 10-14-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC
which two ingredients? baked potato and tuna, or tuna and mayo?

Potato and tuna. "Tuna salad" (i.e., tuna with mayo and usually pickle relish) is common here, so common that often it's just called tuna, especially on sandwiches. And I can't really justify why tuna on bread is okay, but tuna on a potato is weird. It just is. Baked potatoes are supposed to get butter, cheese, bacon, sour cream, and green (spring) onions. Really I think my aversion is just grounded in the fact that I hate tuna salad. :)