The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 05-04-2012 04:05 PM

Aww, Jaydaan. So happy for you. Sometimes they just kind of walk into your life. And you make the choice.

Freya would never have wanted to see you unhappy. That's the thing about dogs. They really just want you to be happy. I often think that if Pilau were here in some strange way and able to speak, he'd be glad there was another dog performing his doggy duties (marking territory, checking the mail, worrying the postman, and making sure mummy is ok), because otherwise they'd be left undone. And that would never do.

Can't wait to 'meet' her in the Pets thread :p

Jaydaan 05-04-2012 04:16 PM

7 hours away, and in another province.. not sure how we found each other! I was just surfing the classifieds to check prices/pedigrees/etc on dogs under 1 year old. I responded to the ad, and then talked to the lady for 2 days we asked all kinds of questions back and forth and decided she was right for our household. She was supposed to be delivered sometime in the new few weeks. Then everything went south for the lady, and time was of the essence. I actually thought for a while today, that we would not get her. Then 3 people stepped up and helped us out. (our car broke down yeaterday!!!!) I am a firm believer of "everything happens for a reason"

So as soon as someone talks me through how to put pictures up, I will post both my babies very soon!

DanaC 05-04-2012 04:18 PM

So how many hours til you meet her? *grins*

Jaydaan 05-04-2012 04:26 PM

22.5!

DanaC 05-04-2012 04:49 PM

And counting :p

Undertoad 05-04-2012 07:50 PM

I love boxer dawgs.

TheMercenary 05-04-2012 08:28 PM

One Day Off, Sunday. Tall ships in Savannah.

Jaydaan 05-06-2012 11:07 AM

Well that was a long an exshusting day. Driving that far with horrible roads, and a messed up back equalled all kinds of grrr and ouchies. As soon as we met up with Father-in-law and met Aesa it was all worth it! She is beautiful, much tinier than my Freya was and of course my very large Loki dog.

Her name was Jahja, pronounced Zsa Zsa. None of us liked that name one bit. We did however find her the perfect name: Aesa it was part of Greek Mythology and is the personification of fate and destiny. I think its very appropriate.

As I type my two are playing with the same tug, both having an end, and running around the house. Aesa sounds like she is rabid and is about to kill anyone and anything near her, but thats just how she sounds when she plays. She is going to take some time to get used to... still nervous when I hear her grrrr. No wonder the lady with no boxer experience was unable to handle her.
Loki is loving having a palymate around again, and is not used to one that plays quite this rough either, as Freya was always a gentle girl, and not as boxer as most boxers. As he learned his play style from her.... this is an adjustment for everyone.

So far her only issue is a bit of dribbling pee she has sometimes. We take her out she goes, she comes back in, and there is little drops for a while after. I will be contacting the vet, she may just have a weak bladder, or she may just be excited from all the things happening to her in the past 24 hours. Suprisingly, there has been no whining, no hand/head shyness, no aggression other than her play style. She is our shadow tho, and does not like it if she can't find her humans. We figure this is from her being transerfered from so many homes, including her 24 hours with "grampa". He loved having her, and is really proud of her and he raised boxers for years.

I have pictures, just no clue how to post them here....

limey 05-06-2012 12:02 PM

That sounds fab. Lookin' forward to the pics ...

DanaC 05-06-2012 12:41 PM

Jaydaan, do you have a flickr account?

Jaydaan 05-06-2012 01:06 PM

No I do not... I should look into that. Is it free?

DanaC 05-06-2012 01:10 PM

It is free aye. There's different ones. Photobucket, Flickr, and a few others. They allow you to host your pics in one place and just link straight to the pic.

Or, you can edit the pics on your hard drive so they're not too big and use the attachments feature (little paperclip at the top of the reply box on advanced)

I used to always upload pics as an attachment, but when I joined a bearded collie site they dont have that option, so I have now got more into the habit of uploading to flickr and then grabbing the code and pasting it into the reply box.

Sundae 05-09-2012 01:27 PM

Back at school today!
Happy, happy, happy!

Well.... kind of bittersweet.

Talked to Tiger's Mum after school, he's been having a really tough time with me off.
I spoke to my HLTA first thing and she said he's been fine, coped well without me.
But he was obviously storing it up for when he got home - he does this, internalises things. So he's been crying well into the night, reverting to behaviour they thought he'd grown out of.

Tiger Mum said, "We realised that this is how he would be if he didn't have your help in the classroom."

So I feel terribly for the cub, even though I had not choice to be off.
But it makes me doubly happy I am back.
And yes, there is a tiny, weeny spark which I am trying the smother which says "See - you are doing a good job." Even as I acknowledge his world would be upset if anyone who supported him was off for two weeks. Poor little chap - I smashed up his routine.

The other bittersweet happiness is about the friend of a colleague I made carrot mini cakes for (see My Cakes thread). We talked about it on a Tuesday. I made a vague agreement to make something. That Friday I was sent home from school for being to ill to work.

On Sunday (as documented in the same thread) I made carrot mini-cakes because although I hadn't officially committed, her friend had cancer and that touches my heart for so many reasons, not even just Bri. I knew Mrs K went to visit her on Monday evenings. So I made the effort to walk round to another colleague's house with the cakies, coughing all the while and I got drenched on the way home (although that was my fault for not taking an umbrella when the sky was already a purple bruise)

Anyway.
I'm not bigging up my altruism.
It was an effort I made on really nothing more than a whim.

I found out today that she had her regular Monday visit - with the cakes. Left her friend with a huge smile on her face - she was so happy that Mrs K had cared enough to bring her a special treat from the lady at school who made the wonderful cakes.

Her friend died on Wednesday. Monday was the last time she saw her smile.
I had a very little part in that.
I'm just glad I went a little more out of my way than I would usually, because it enabled someone to have a good memory at a time of loss.

Sheer luck.

DanaC 05-09-2012 02:54 PM

Goes to show does that.

DanaC 05-09-2012 03:59 PM

Carrot dropped his first tooth!

A lickle puppeh molar was on my floor this evening.