The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

glatt 05-01-2013 09:01 PM

Way to go!

orthodoc 05-01-2013 09:10 PM

Thank you so much!!! Love you all! I want to hug you all and buy everyone a beer or glass of bubbly. :)

Tonight, things are positive and I am happy. That's all I need for this moment.
I appreciate all your good wishes so much.

And yeah, I'm a Canadian bot. A suspicious, cool, merely Canadian bot. :cool:

Nirvana 05-01-2013 09:28 PM

Go O! :D

limey 05-02-2013 03:58 AM

Fantastic news, Ortho!

Griff 05-02-2013 05:22 AM

Nice!

morethanpretty 05-02-2013 11:34 AM

Good for you ortho!

I talked to 2 recruiters yesterday. One is from my old company that placed me at my last job. There going to see about getting me placed back with that company or a new one if they can. The 2nd recruiter is going to try to get me a job making 17/hr which is better than the old pay I was getting and better than the pay I would get with my previous company. Only issue is that it is farther away and I might spend more just getting to and from work. We'll see, it may not be too bad if I get a shift avoiding rush hour. I meet with the 2nd recruiter tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Ocean's Edge 05-02-2013 01:49 PM

I've been writing my lifestyle blog for ... going on 2.5-3 yrs now....

today I got my very first 'real' ping back/link/reference from a another blogger I don't even know, on a piece I wrote in response to another blog post debunking BBC article on "How to Eat £1 a Day" (both of us thought the original BBC piece was crap)

I've had the odd one or two comments from family members or friends, but this is the first 'real' - someone in the great wild world out there noticed.

It's a silly thing to be chuffed about ... but I am :)

Sundae 05-02-2013 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No, a great thing to be chuffed about!
Well done you for having good writing recognised.

My happy also comes from the media.
Nothing written by me, just a salute to my good taste. Well, me as part of a triumvirate.
We stay at The Alamo when we have our pantomime GTG every year.
Lonely Planet magazine this month gave it a mention. We're so cool we didn't even know it.

Ocean's Edge 05-02-2013 02:18 PM

I think any validation is a good thing, a validation of my little blatherings, a validation of your good taste :)

They keep trying to tell us that we don't NEED external validation of our own worth value goodness accomplishments .... but it sure as hell don't hurt non :)

wolf 05-02-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 862160)
What does a massage cost?

With or without the happy ending?

I actually didn't ask. I didn't think it would be polite.

wolf 05-02-2013 03:23 PM

So. I got pulled over by a cop yesterday. Yes, I was speeding. 43 in a 25 is what he growled at me ... next to a school. He came up for the license and registration bit. Asked me if I knew why I got pulled over ... usual stuff. I fessed up. Went back to his cruiser with my ID while I sweated it out .... came back and told me to slow it down. Thank you nice officer. I will respect your generous warning!

morethanpretty 05-03-2013 11:25 AM

The interview with the recruiter went very well today! I only missed one question on their assessment test and the recruiter told me that I presented myself very well. He had some great tips for my resume and for my future interviews with employers. I think he will be a great help to me getting placed in a good job.

DanaC 05-03-2013 02:23 PM

Hurrah! 3 cheers for the Alamo!

limey 05-03-2013 02:34 PM

Well done, MTP!
And yay for the Alamo!

Sent by thought transference

Ocean's Edge 05-03-2013 03:24 PM

oh that does sound encouraging mtp :) it's great to have that kind of support and feedback

raspberries are making me happy today.... got 9 of em planted... along with 2 blackberries ... still want to get the 2 rhubarb and the 3 hardy cherries in this afternoon but day by day little bit by little bit, I'm getting there.... Still a buttload of work to do, but there's something deeply satisfying about getting dirty and sweaty and making things grow.... especially yummy things