The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Clodfobble 07-05-2012 08:16 AM

Good for you, and good for your son. Happy anniversary, classic.

infinite monkey 07-05-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 818552)
Three years ago I was told to pull the plug on my son.
Yesterday he and I along with my father, my brother & his son went fishing 60 miles offshore.
My son helped reel in a 50+lb tuna.
Happy? I'm fucking ecstatic.

Fukkin' doctors... The irony you ask? (just play along) The hospital called a few weeks ago asking us to be in a commercial
as one of their "success stories"
I replied, not calmly, "Really? If I had listened to you he'd be dead today - go fuck yourself." I then hung up.
Upon reflection ... yep ... Go fuck yourself HARRRRRRRD.

This is so very wonderful. :)
Happy Anniversary bud.

orthodoc 07-05-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Yesterday he and I along with my father, my brother & his son went fishing 60 miles offshore.

Happy Anniversary bud.

A very Happy Anniversary!! What a fantastic thing. Wishing you all the best.

Sundae 07-05-2012 02:15 PM

So pleased you made that decision and have no need for regrets.
Much love to you and Classic-son.

Chris - would you be able to hide in that fridge and survive an atom bomb blast?

infinite monkey 07-06-2012 08:33 AM

I just saw a presentation by a Blue Angel pilot and his crew chief and logistics guy.

Just. Wow.

The Angels have long been a family favorite: we used to watch the air show from my dad's lake/land and they often did their turnarounds right over our heads.

And my nephew now being in flight school for the Marines...I get choked up just thinking of it all.

God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kerosene 07-06-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Fukkin' doctors... The irony you ask? (just play along) The hospital called a few weeks ago asking us to be in a commercial
as one of their "success stories"
I replied, not calmly, "Really? If I had listened to you he'd be dead today - go fuck yourself." I then hung up.
Upon reflection ... yep ... Go fuck yourself HARRRRRRRD.

Happy Anniversary bud.

So happy for you guys. Happy Anniversary to you and your boy :)

Sundae 07-06-2012 03:26 PM

Going to see Tiger tomorrow. And his two new kittehs!!!
Must take splendid treats to make sure kittehs love me.

Tiger and Kitty wouldn't expect anything less, as I am a Very Important Person as far as they are concerned. Florence Nightingale crossed with Glinda the Good Witch crossed with Julia Donaldson would be about right.

I hope to return with photos of Fluffy and Snowy for you.
Yup, the children named them :)

classicman 07-06-2012 04:53 PM

thanks all.

Clodfobble 07-07-2012 02:58 PM

The freeware program Lego Digital Designer is making Minifob very happy today. And when he's happy, I'm happy.

SamIam 07-07-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 818922)
The freeware program Lego Digital Designer is making Minifob very happy today. And when he's happy, I'm happy.

Well, how clever is that? I may have to download that app myself. I led a deprived childhood and never got to play with legos (My Mom thought they were for boys only).

I'm happy today because I just got a letter from Colorado Voc-Rehab authorizing me to help a disabled man learn the basics of using a computer - $700 bucks for 20 hours of tutoring during the month of July. That's a godsend since I haven't found other work yet and my unemployment STILL has come through.

limey 07-07-2012 07:56 PM

Your smiles make me smile, Sundae, Clod, Samiam, Infi and last but not least Classic!

Griff 07-08-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Happy Anniversary bud.

Happy anniversary to you both. You've come a long way.

DanaC 07-08-2012 06:36 AM

That's a nice bit of good karma Sam :) Bout time I'd say.

classicman 07-08-2012 11:39 PM

Thanks Griff

I also agree with Dana. You've been overdue Sami.

SamIam 07-09-2012 06:35 PM

Why, thank you Classic and Dana! There is a chance that this voc-rehab thing could turn into a regular gig. Apparently, a bunch of funding came through for programs targeted at those who have suffered a traumatic brain injury. Some folks with TBI have too much damage to master computer skills, but many still have the ability to learn - especially if the teacher is patient and doesn't mind repeating themselves about 20 times.

Needless to say, I understand all too well what my client is going through and I don't mind repeating lessons until he gets it. I would love to work with other TBI folks. We'll see what happens. *crosses fingers*