The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

limey 12-16-2008 06:07 PM

Seeing SG in this thread.

Sundae 12-17-2008 08:06 AM

Ah thank you!
That did make me smile.

The thing that's making me happy today is when I couldn't sleep last night (boooo) I went over and over in my head how I'd managed to let my anti-depressants run so low. I wasn't beating myself up, just thinking that it wasn't really like me - I'm slack, but something like that I'm usually on top of. And in thinking that I had to ponder where I might have put them if I did in fact have another bottle.

Lo and behold, I had a proper look this morning. My extra PPIs are in the front of my knicker drawer, so I see them every morning and remember to go downstairs to take one. My extra anti-depressants, it turns out, are at the BACK of my knicker drawer.

So I sent off for a replacement driving licence today. I have plenty of tablets to see me through until it arrives in the New Year, and I can then take my shiny new photo ID to get registered at the local practice. Phew. Won't do them much good though. I'm about 60 pounds heavier and ten years older than I was in that picture. Looks nothing like me. Still, it's legal (in this country) and they'll have to take it. Silly practice if you ask me - those tiny photos could be anyone of approx the same age and colour once you've had them a few years.

And the second piece of good news is I have an interview at the Job Centre tomorrow. I expect they will tell me I am not entitled to any benefits, but I'm prepared for that. What they will do is register me as a Job Seeker and I will have access to more job advertisments. They might also be able to enrol me on courses or suchlike - I expect to be in some sort of job in the New Year.

ZenGum 12-17-2008 08:14 AM

Way to go, Sundae!

Trilby 12-17-2008 08:18 AM

YAY Sundae! :celebrat:

LabRat 12-17-2008 08:28 AM

Very very good to hear Sundae!

Shawnee123 12-17-2008 08:32 AM

So glad to hear it SG. Keep taking care of yourself...you are sooooo loved by lots and lots of people, including me. :)

sweetwater 12-17-2008 08:50 AM

I was going to post that I had cold pizza for breakfast, but that is nothing compared to your good news, Sundae. Cheers! I'm very happy for you.

SteveDallas 12-17-2008 10:38 AM

Yay SG!

I successfully disassembled our dryer, replaced the broken belt and worn out drum rollers, and put it back together. Before, due to the rollers, it sounded like a herd of elephants running through, and now it's extremely quiet. (The downside? The sound no longer carries through the heating ducts, so we can no longer immediately notice when it stops running.)

Shawnee123 12-17-2008 10:40 AM

Though I've been feeling out of sorts and out of place (dunno why) my boss told me today she thinks I'm doing a fabtabulous job.

HungLikeJesus 12-17-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 514566)
Though I've been feeling out of sorts and out of place (dunno why) my boss told me today she thinks I'm doing a fabtabulous job.

I think so too.

Fabtabulous!

Shawnee123 12-17-2008 10:49 AM

Thanks buddy!

lookout123 12-17-2008 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Eduardo is back. He only played 45 minutes in a reserve match but the point is he actually played. 10 months ago there were concerns that he may not even be able to ever run again so severe was the injury.

He still has a long road ahead of him before he returns to his best, but Eduardo is on his way.

Chocolatl 12-17-2008 11:23 AM

That's great news, SG!

limey 12-17-2008 03:17 PM

It's great to see SG here again and to hear how she dealt with her difficulties in such a constructive way.
And to hear that Shawnee is getting correctly assessed as fabtabulous by her boss.
WTG grrrrrrrrls!:celebrat:

Shawnee123 12-17-2008 03:46 PM

:)