The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Ibby 05-24-2008 08:25 AM

Sitting around drinking a nice, cold bottle of iced tea.
...long island, that is.

:angel:

when the folks get home...
...whats wrong with a nice bottle of nestea?

Sundae 05-25-2008 05:50 PM

I had a vision of an angel.

Fuzzy barely there hair. A bit drunk. Sometimes furious, sometimes hard as diamond, sometimes soft as butter.

It stayed with me and is still making me happy.

x

Ibby 05-26-2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram (Post 456571)
Sitting around drinking a nice, cold bottle of iced tea.
...long island, that is.

:angel:

when the folks get home...
...whats wrong with a nice bottle of nestea?

x2

DucksNuts 05-26-2008 05:48 AM

Im going on a date...like, a real one. Not one that will end in the exchange of body fluids...but a fair dinkum one.

It will end crappily, but the prospect makes me :)

bluecuracao 05-26-2008 02:54 PM

Somehow it all came together and made sense, and I learn-ded Dreamweaver with the HTMLs and CSS-es this week...so today I'm designing a website that I will actually make work all by myself. God, I feel like such a retard. But I'm a happy retard!!

lookout123 05-26-2008 03:08 PM

I got the go ahead from Mrs L to devote some extra time to exploring the creation of a new NonProfit organization. I have received a couple of commitments for start up funding for it as well. The rough plan is a nonprofit designed to ensure that all kids in the area have the ability to play soccer at the appropriate level (rec/club) regardless of family finances. It can be a very expensive undertaking and we've dealt with issues as they've come up, but in a mostly by the seat of your pants manner. This year a couple of us stepped up to pay the fees for a new kid from a family going through divorce and can't pay the expenses for the year. Helping him is all well and good, but he isn't the only one out there.

So the plan is to partner with as many of the local clubs and rec leagues as possible to make them aware of available assistance for kids that need a little help covering tuition and training fees.

The second arm is an equipment exchange center. No kid should be showing up to practice or a game with a broken styrofoam cup stuffed in his socks to fulfill the requirement for shinguards. Proper soccer pads and shoes aren't just meant to make you look cool, they are designed for functional safety reasons.

Every kid who wants to play should be able to play with all the appropriate equipment.

It will be a lot of work, but I'm starting the planning now. and loving it.:D

Cicero 05-26-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 456958)
Im going on a date...like, a real one. Not one that will end in the exchange of body fluids...but a fair dinkum one.

It will end crappily, but the prospect makes me :)

Now you are obligated to update us on the happenings.
:D

Will it turn into a exchange of fluids unlike you say? Maybe even out of holiday depression? Hmmm......

DanaC 05-26-2008 03:21 PM

Wonderful idea Lookout. There's a local group in the ward I represent who do something similar.

monster 05-26-2008 09:41 PM

Awsome, lookout. Sound like you know what you're doing already, and I'm sure there's probably nothing I can help with, but our swim team runs on the same basis and just went through 501c(3) certification, so if you do ever hit a brick wall be sure to shout out, just in case.

DucksNuts 05-27-2008 06:04 AM

My date went well, I am in unknown territory a little.

I have to pull out the dating handbook....I cant remember how long it will be before he calls.

classicman 05-27-2008 08:51 AM

Hope

Sundae 05-29-2008 05:44 AM

I've just won a £10 voucher!
Yay!!!
It's less about the prize and more about the winning - I love to win stuff.

I'm taking part in a monitoring scheme for a public service.
There is a small payment, and as an added incentive you are entered into a daily and monthly draw. I won one of today's daily prizes. The monthly prize is £750 - oooh I'd like that please.

elSicomoro 05-29-2008 01:01 PM

My wife was quoted as an "expert" in a newspaper story today...she rocks!

dar512 05-29-2008 01:41 PM

Very cool Syc. April's 15 minutes of fame. Important story on the ATVs, too.

elSicomoro 05-29-2008 01:51 PM

That's going to be her baby for the summer, with ATVs roaring like crazy and fairs coming up. I believe she'll be in Springfield (IL) and Sedalia (MO) for the state fairs this year.

Then in the fall comes the new safety store at the hospital: a $100,000 grant (that I helped write) to build and stock the store with illness and injury prevention items (car seats, socket covers, etc.).

I'm so proud of her...she's done a lot of good work there in just 2 years.