The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 10-14-2008 04:10 PM

Confirmed.

:crazy:

dar512 10-14-2008 04:24 PM

I like a good tuna melt, so I thought Dana's dinner sounded pretty good.

Though I'm also partial to cheese and crumbled bacon on baked potato.

glatt 10-14-2008 04:27 PM

Tuna on a baked potato is perfectly normal. When my wife and I were courting, this is what she would feed me when I would be at her place. Although to be fair, I was convinced that she didn't know how to cook. So maybe it's not such a good example.

The chili peppers in tuna is an abomination though.

dar512 10-14-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 493663)
The chili peppers in tuna is an abomination though.

What? You've never heard of Hot Tuna?

Sundae 10-14-2008 04:45 PM

Tuna with chilli peppers is fine
Tuna chilli is fine*
As sandwich or salad ingredients they are lovely.

BUT

Tuna or tuna & mayo (regardless of other toppings) on a jacket potato is not.
I think I have explained this before.
There are a few - a very few - cold toppings which are acceptable on a jacket potato. Cheese is one, due to its melting qualities, where it apes butter, potato's natural mate.

Amongst the banned toppings are mayo, anything containing mayo, coleslaw and cottage cheese.

Even spring onions are suspect, although they would be acceptable on top of a hot filling (although why you'd choose a filling that needed spring onions on top is questionable in itself)

Do try to take note of this in future. It's one of the things that will identify you when the revolution comes.

* obviously chilli made with tuna and served hot on a spud is not an abomination - especially if topped with cheese

limey 10-14-2008 04:58 PM

A new computer with SOUND.
Until last Thursday I was the last person in the world with a mute computer. It had a soundcard once, but that got fried by a lightning strike. My blessed mother has very kindly invested in a new piece of hardware for me (partly to enable me to do some internet research for her, so I will be asking questions later, folks!).
Meanwhile :hedfone: :D

Sundae 10-14-2008 05:12 PM

This is all you need to hear.
(Cellar link)

limey 10-14-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 493700)
This is all you need to hear.
(Cellar link)

WOW
That was FAB. LJ and SG singing the Christmas song, just for me. Thank you guys! Now I know that Christmas is on its way!

Sundae 10-14-2008 06:01 PM

Shameless self promotion of a 2 year old video I admit :)
But something to be considered again alongside Secret Santa I feel.
Especially as more Dwellars are now happy to video...

Elspode 10-14-2008 06:29 PM

I'm happy because I seem to have survived the bulk of this rather ridiculously busy day.

DanaC 10-14-2008 06:34 PM

I had chips for tea:)

I went to the village chippy and got a portion of chips with jumbo sausage and a tub of gravy. Mmmmm. Oh, and I got 'scraps' as well (that's one for the brits....possibly only one for the northerners...probably call it 'bits' elsewhere).

Sundae 10-14-2008 06:38 PM

I could eat a portion of chips right now.
But they're so hit & miss round here.

Well, I mean Greenwich - I haven't even seen chips here! Good 'babs though :)

Scraps = grim
Ne'er mind, eh?

footfootfoot 10-14-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble
I'm sorry... Even accepting the first ingredients--which I do only in the most nominal sense--

That sentence is an example of why I dig Clodfobble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 493651)
Potato and tuna. "Tuna salad" (i.e., tuna with mayo and usually pickle relish) is common here, so common that often it's just called tuna, especially on sandwiches. And I can't really justify why tuna on bread is okay, but tuna on a potato is weird. It just is. Baked potatoes are supposed to get butter, cheese, bacon, sour cream, and green (spring) onions. Really I think my aversion is just grounded in the fact that I hate tuna salad. :)

And this part about the food is why I tell myself it would / could never work out between us (Well that and about 27 other reasons which we don't need to harp on)

Baked potatoes are the canvas upon which the true culinary artists, Irish though they might be, create their masterpieces. We once had a twice baked potato party where we baked a pile of potatoes and everyone brought fillings to mix with the spuds.

Asparrowgusts, oil cured black olives, and romano cheese with butter
Black trumpet mushrooms and cream cheese
Capers, anchovies, hot red pepper
Dandelion greens, braised with balsamic vinegar and roasted red peppers

You get the gist.

elSicomoro 10-14-2008 07:26 PM

I got an iPod nano for my b-day:

http://thebosque.us/cellar/2008thread14055.jpg

glatt 10-14-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 493669)
What? You've never heard of Hot Tuna?

I've heard Hot Tuna. Jorma's been around forever.