The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

footfootfoot 10-14-2008 09:08 PM

I still have almost 3/4 of a tank of oil and we haven't had to turn the heat on yet. The insulation is NICE.

ZenGum 10-15-2008 05:31 AM

Technological victory!

I have bought a couple of adaptor plugs, and now my mobile phone/radio/mp3 player can plug straight into my new speakers, AND now four (rather than two) of the five satellite speakers are functioning (2-channel stereo not 4/5 channel surround, but it's something).

Now, about that TV plug....

Shawnee123 10-15-2008 08:10 AM

How did I miss the LJ and SG video all this time? It was wonderful!

Shawnee123 10-15-2008 08:24 AM

Got my converter box. I didn't know that Obama is black! Seriously, CBS was so mangled that you had to squint, and the colors didn't come out. Why didn't anyone tell me he's black? ;)

Came into work this morning and the receptionist gave me a Creepy Pop.

Had a posty note from a former student worker. He stopped to say hi and left me a note...he's been graduated for a couple years now. Nice kid. It made me feel good to get a little "how ya been" note from him.

It's the little things! Dana had said this earlier this week, and she's right: the little things mean a lot.

sweetwater 10-15-2008 08:30 AM

New dog is arriving (late) today, he should be a nice companion for the present pup. Long-time friend is flying with him so I'll have company for a week, too. Hooray for old friends and new dogs!

glatt 10-15-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 493872)
Came into work this morning and the receptionist gave me a Creepy Pop.

Is that like a Wet Willie? Doesn't sound like something you would want.

Shawnee123 10-15-2008 09:01 AM

:D It's a Jolly Rancher holiday themed sucker, sucka!

footfootfoot 10-15-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

...and she's right: the little things mean a lot.

It's true; all my girlfriends have told me that...

Shawnee123 10-15-2008 09:03 AM

Width is more important than length. Even with Creepy Pops. :lol:

Sundae 10-15-2008 09:40 AM

I knew someone with a creepy Pop.
I didn't like going round there.

dar512 10-15-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Had a posty note from a former student worker. He stopped to say hi and left me a note...he's been graduated for a couple years now. Nice kid. It made me feel good to get a little "how ya been" note from him.

He wants you. Just sayin'.

Shawnee123 10-15-2008 11:53 AM

Now I'm really laughing. Pssst...

psst...he doesn't like girls, not in that way.

DanaC 10-15-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 493899)
I knew someone with a creepy Pop.
I didn't like going round there.

lol.

That reminds me of a song from Nathan Barley (did you ever watch that SG?)

"Bad, to have a bad uncle"

DanaC 10-15-2008 05:20 PM

I just watched Heroes. I am lovin this season! Really picked it up and threw it somewhere I wasn't expecting.
Hi. I'm the panic and clamour, currently locked behind a door marked "do not enter until morning"
Oh, and *does the happy dance* It's only the third debate tonight! Oh yes. I think so. I got it all planned out. Gonna have my bath and go to bed and study/read til 2 am and then watch the debate on my little portable upstairs. It's a bit of a wavy picture, but I don't mind. There's something kind of nice about watching stuff on a crackly little portable late at night. Like stepping back into my bedroom as a kid...
At some point I'll be let out again and we can dance around the topic of how badly this dissertation could potentially, possibly, probably, almost certainly...go? *squeaks*
Of course that kid would recoil in dismay and confusion at what I plan to watch tonight and would much rather be watching some blood curdling Hammer horror. So I'll leave her where she is in 1982 and get back to where I was...where was I? Oh sorry yes...

There's so much stuff. So many fucking words, all lined up in rank, on rank, on field, on plain, far on into the horizon
In bed watching the debate in the small hours of the morning, with a steaming mug of Horlicks and some honey on toast.
This Catherine wheel of ideas has to stop soon, will there be anything left? Winnowed down to a worthwhile something, or just scatterd worthless husks?
I don't have to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow [who's Dawn?] so I can be a little frivolous. I must must make mysel go straight to sleep after the debate and not to fight sleep if I start to go halfway through.
It's all too much. The dissertations on the library system are sooo good. Any second now someone's going to cotton on to just how much I wing it...just how many lucky breaks gointo the marks...
So...yeah...'s all pretty groovy really.

Sundae 10-17-2008 04:53 AM

I has a ticket
Quote:

Jeremy Dyson, co-writer & co-creator of The League of Gentlemen, kicks off our Halloween all-nighter with a live performance from cult band “Crème Brulee” and their hit Voodoo Lady, a spooky ghost story and a quartet of voodoo movies plus the League of Gentlemen’s Christmas Special on the big screen! With caffeine on constant supply, and a breakfast fit for a zombie for all those who survive the night! Dress code: ‘Halloween’.

//THE LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN CHRISTMAS SPECIAL// (15)
Starring: Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith
UK 2000 / 60 mins
A trio of horrifying tales from the residents of Roysten Vasey as they prepare for Christmas Day.

//I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE// (PG)
Director Jacques Tourneur
Starring Tom Conway, Frances Dee, James Ellison
USA 1943 / 65 mins
From cult producer Val Lewton comes this terrifying tale of a nurse drawn into a world of voodoo when she moves to the West Indies.

//NIGHT OF THE EAGLE// (12)
Director Sidney Hayers
Starring Peter Wyngarde, Janet Blair, Margaret Johnston
UK 1962 / 83 mins
A professor discovers his wife is a practising witch but after forcing her to destroy her charms, he is drawn into a battle of witchcraft.

//THE BELIEVERS// (15)
Director John Schlesinger
Starring Martin Sheen, Helen Shaver, Harley Cross
USA 1987 / 114 mins
Written by a pre-X-Files Mark Frost, //The Believers// stars Martin Sheen as a psychiatrist who finds that a voodoo cult wants to sacrifice his child.

//SCREAM BLACULA SCREAM//
Director Bob Kelljan
Starring William Marshall, Pam Grier, Don Mitchell
USA 1973 / 91 mins
Stirred by African voodoo, Blacula rises from the grave to kill again in this classic Blaxploitation horror sequel!