The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 04-16-2016 06:14 PM

:celebrat::beer:.

classicman 04-17-2016 10:39 AM

Not here UT.

Undertoad 04-17-2016 05:50 PM

Why not? You posted it, I'm asking about it.

sexobon 04-17-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 957648)
How is this different than the bakers who were destroyed on social media and the news, charged, sued and forced to pay over $100,000 in fines?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 957654)
On it's face, the bakers were taking a stand in favor of discrimination and Springsteen is taking a stand against it.

HTH?

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 957673)
Nope - both were taking a stand on their beliefs.
Some agree with one and not the other. Two sides of the same coin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 957679)
So the bakers refused to serve anyone? Explain

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 957737)
Not here UT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 957771)
Why not? You posted it, I'm asking about it.

Maybe because THIS IS THE "WHAT'S MAKING YOU HAPPY TODAY" THREAD and your questions aren't making him happy anymore! Try going back and putting some smilies in your posts; or, starting a "What's making you unhappy today" thread for your questions.

Sheesh, some people, he acts like he owns the place or somethin'. :p:

xoxoxoBruce 04-17-2016 07:32 PM

Yeah, some nerve, everybody knows "Bob" Dobbs owns it. :yesnod:

monster 04-17-2016 08:47 PM

I thought Zanthrax owned it

DanaC 04-18-2016 03:13 PM

Three days into a 10 day course of antibiotics and strong steroid ointment, and I am feeling better than I have felt in months.

Gravdigr 04-18-2016 03:39 PM

Mariwhaaaaaannnaaaaaaa...:fumette:

DanaC 04-18-2016 03:47 PM

yeah...and that too :P

Gravdigr 04-18-2016 04:11 PM

"I get the eateez from my weedies!"

infinite monkey 05-28-2016 03:29 PM

I got a funny card from a nice lady today. Made my day. Thanks sundae.

I don't really deserve the kindness, but somehow she makes you feel like you do.

Carruthers, could you pm me a mailing address for her? I'm not sure I have a recent one.

DanaC 05-28-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

I don't really deserve the kindness
Stop it! You do so deserve kindness. Unless you've been killing people and burying them under a patio (hobos excepted) without telling us, I see no reason why you wouldn't deserve kindness and friendship. You're a lovely woman, with a good heart, a wicked sense of humour and a metric fuckton of good stuff to offer the world. I'm glad to call you friend, and I know Sundae is too.

I know it's hard for you to accept - but we like you. You're one of us.

[sinister chanting]One of us!
One of us!
[/sinister chanting]

Carruthers 05-28-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 961226)

Carruthers, could you pm me a mailing address for her? I'm not sure I have a recent one.

Of course!

It's a bit late here and I'm on my iPad which isn't the most convenient piece of kit.

I'll fire up the PC and send the info first thing in the morning. :thumb:

xoxoxoBruce 05-28-2016 05:05 PM

On Wednesday I wrote the last 2 checks in my checkbook.
On Thursday I open the safe and guess what, no more checks... dumbass mumble mumble.
Thursday afternoon I ordered checks online, opting for 4 day UPS delivery because of this 3 day weekend.
Saturday I get an email from Deluxe saying my checks had been shipped and expect delivery on Thursday the 2nd.
But when I clicked on the UPS link to verify the date, it said delivered on Friday... yesterday.
That's crazy impossible, but sure enough, they were in the front door.
God, I love UPS. :heartpump

Nothing like my FexEx experience last week, which sure the fuck can't go in this thread. :mad:

DanaC 07-07-2016 04:47 AM

I've been offered a job, subject to pre-employment checks. I'm looking forward to it though it's something of a sidestep as far as career goes - not into academia, but into another customer service role. I am also a tad nervous about how I'll cope with the hours - it's 35 hours a week, but it's a shift rotation between 8am and 8pm. On the other hand, it's a half hour journey to work rather than 2 to 2.5 hours! So I'll be exchanging the 12-14 hours a week I currently travel for my part-time job, for 5 hours a week for the full time job. So, in truth I'm only adding about 10-12 hours a week out of my house.

It looks like it might at times be quite hectic and stressed. It also looks like it might at times be fun and rewarding. I'll be working as a claims handler for an insurance company.

Assuming all the pre-employment checks go ok, I have a 1st August start date. First four weeks are training. I gave my notice at my current job yesterday. Bit sad, but also quite excited.