The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

monster 04-19-2011 01:00 PM

I want thunder and lightening. There's still snow on my car from yesterday :(

Aliantha 04-19-2011 07:48 PM

The three kids are at my Dad's place till Saturday so Dazza and I have a few days of peace and quiet (except for the animals).

As I'm sitting here, I keep expecting Max to start making a noise or something. It's kind of weird, but nice.

Trilby 04-20-2011 06:33 AM

Again, another day of biblical rain.

End times?

Sundae 04-20-2011 01:50 PM

Went to see Gdad again today. With Dads.
Glad he was with me - there was an outreach worker from the Church giving him communion.
I had never realised before, but it seems the Gospel is essential to giving communion. I thought it was the saying of the Eucharist, but that was all done before she came. So at least Dad made all the right responses at all the right times.

And being the Gospel BEFORE Easter it was such a long one... It took her 40 minutes. Not that it should have, she was a very poor reader and put in lots of umms, and errs and often had to backtrack. But hey, she wasn't there for her reading skills. Just bugged me because we were trying to have a 15 minute visit to pick some things up and drop others off and maybe have a glass of wine with him. As it happened we were chased out by his lunch arriving.

Anyway, the good thing was that I brought home two large bags of clothes to sew name tags onto. And I did both before Mum came home. I'm a lousy sewer, but if the tags stay on, job done. Kate Middleton might not employ me, but at least I know I've helped Mum..

Sundae 04-20-2011 02:52 PM

Just talked to Bri on the phone.

There will be a pointy reckoning for my international calls.
But hey, I had to watch my watch and I know I can afford it.

What I would prefer is MORE people to talk to, so I can justify an international calling card. Which means I pay in advance AND save money. No numbers are ever passed on. Many Dwellars can attest to that. They can also confirm that I only make short calls, and these comprise mostly of Cellar gossip and laughter.

But it's always wonderful to talk to Bri. Even with my croaky voice she knew exactly who I was. That was my first smile, the rest came from our conversation.

There are lots of peeps I'd like to talk to.
Shaw? Sarge? Where am you?

Trilby 04-20-2011 02:57 PM

Sundae beat me to it!

Always wonderful to talk to Sundae Girl! (though her poor voice is under strain)

Just imagine this, CellarGents: Her breathy English accent warmed up by whiskey and experience! that's what she sounds like! :)

BigV 04-20-2011 08:20 PM

have finished the biggest flowerbed in the front. the tulips are glorious, and I put in a few dozen primroses.

ZenGum 04-20-2011 08:39 PM

Sundae, can't you skype? If you have internet access it is effectively free.

BigV 04-20-2011 08:42 PM

yes, not just skype, but google talk as well. Though, I am not sure of the international calling rules for googletalk. but domestic "calls" are free. like skype, you need a headset and mike and a computer and an internet connection. All of which you likely have already. Oh, and a gmail account.

Sundae 04-21-2011 01:09 PM

I'm on Skype, yes.
I have a lickle webcam and a headset and everything.

Just that no-one's ever told me they are too!

infinite monkey 04-21-2011 01:22 PM

There's a button for skype on my phone but I have no earthly clue what it is or what it does. If it involves my big ugly face being transmitted, it will never be used.

jimhelm 04-21-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 725304)
I'm on Skype, yes.
I have a lickle webcam and a headset and everything.

Just that no-one's ever told me they are too!

i have skype.

let's get shitfaced and naked and chat later tonight ok?

monster 04-21-2011 01:51 PM

we skype with grandma in the uk. it's been a bit sucky recently, though

BigV 04-21-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 725109)
have finished the biggest flowerbed in the front. the tulips are glorious, and I put in a few dozen primroses.

See?!

HungLikeJesus 04-21-2011 08:16 PM

There are seven deer standing in front of my window.

Now they've moved up to the road.

Now they're gone.