The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

classicman 11-01-2015 07:40 PM

Love seeing you happy. That's one of the very few times I've seen you smile that much.
Really good. That even makes me happy :)

xoxoxoBruce 11-01-2015 07:43 PM

Where is your left hand? :eek: http://cellar.org/2012/nono.gif

Sundae 11-02-2015 10:26 AM

Fantabulosa, Mr UT!

I love Rocky Horror, and sod the people who think it's just for obsessed teens.
I was an obsessed teen obsessed with it (the film) but over the years got to appreciate that Richard O'Brian actually did a bang tidy job on the soundtrack. My lovely bro bought me a compilation CD set for birthday or Christmas one year, and I could hear the changes through the different years. Lost or sold or lent out now sadly.

I agree that even a poor musical sounds better live. And this is a musical designed to be belted out. I've seen it a few times live now, and if it was close and I had the £ I'd be back there no question.

Undertoad 11-02-2015 10:58 AM

Three shows down and audience participation really changes from show to show... it's very interesting. Every live show is different, that's one of the amazing things about drama. And here every show is *very* different, depending on whether people in the audience know lines, and how drunk they are. It's so wild to hear audience members get laugh lines. So great to hear them get into it. It makes me so happy when they are into it.

J swears our Rocky had half a chubby for part of his midnight performance. You don't have to be *that* dedicated to the role...

xoxoxoBruce 11-02-2015 01:29 PM

Or that dedicated an audience member, tsk tsk, fixated on Rocky's half chubby. Such a pervert, no wonder you two get on so well. :lol2:
Uh oh, you embarrassed her, you're in trouble, time for make-up sex.

Used to watch Rocky on TV every Halloween. So sad/angry when they stopped showing it. But happy when I found out they stopped because CBS-FOX bought it, and it was coming out in limited numbers on VHS. I plunked down $93(1990 dollars), to preorder for the first day of the release... and we did the Time Warp again, we did the Time Warp again...

DanaC 11-02-2015 01:51 PM

One of my favourite movies of all time. I would have been 17 or so when I saw it first time. I still get a kick out of it all these years later.

Undertoad 11-02-2015 02:56 PM

Movie-goers, imagine this:

- The third gasp from the audience is the reveal of Brad during the floor show. (First gasp the reveal of Frank, second gasp the reveal of Rocky) In the movie it's like nothing, and we've already seen him in his skivvies, but live... whole different feel to it. And the fourth gasp is Dr. Scott's reveal moments later (under that blanket...)

- "I'm Going Home" gets massive, thunderous applause. It's the big number.

- Subtle, funny line dropped from the movie script: they are searching for the escaped Rocky, and Riff Raff finds Rocky and Janet together in the "lab". He announces: "I've located him... in the female's quarters, master."

BigV 11-02-2015 03:21 PM

What a great experience!

I'm having a good time just reading about your good time.

Gravdigr 11-02-2015 03:43 PM

Me, too.

Sundae 11-03-2015 09:18 AM

My brother got to see his wife's (maybe then-to-be wife's, can't remember) first reaction to Frank. Because he grew up with me, he grew up with Rocky Horror. I even told him when to close his eyes, because I thought the exy-sexy bits would embarrass him.

But they saw Frank in all his glory at a theme park.
Not even in the bizarre context of the film.
Talk about W T F!!!

busterb 11-03-2015 05:02 PM

County finally closed on mine and Sis's house and little dab of land.
I have a living will to stay till I bite the dust.

glatt 11-03-2015 07:06 PM

Awesome, Buster.

Clodfobble 11-04-2015 07:05 AM

Good news!

xoxoxoBruce 11-04-2015 02:12 PM

Now you have to watch your back Buster. :unsure:

Undertoad 11-07-2015 09:42 AM

Just cos it started in this thread

Last night we had a replacement drummer, as our regular was booked elsewhere. And while it's a bummer to deal with a replacement drummer, who plays the show differently, in this case it was the drummer from the Allman Bros tribute band "Live at the Fillmore East" so he was very good.

(I had a shot to be in that band, but was recommended for it a week after they had already found a bass player. It's not a brag, if you only had a shot.)

Last night two shows, 8pm and midnight, and the theater company made a big mistake having three midnight shows in this run. All the 8pm shows are sold out; only a third of the seats were occupied yesterday at midnight. I personally don't care what the audience size is (it's not the size that matters), and would have gone full energy even if it was only to one person. The audience still gave a standing O to "I'm Going Home". But I did spot a few points where the cast only gave 109% and not the usual 110%.