The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 08-14-2008 11:47 AM

Now that is a real hooray!
Damn I'd love to be there with you.

DanaC 08-14-2008 11:52 AM

Ibby, honey you sound ever so slightly smitten :P

Griff 08-14-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 476144)
Picture!?
Yes, he agrees I have reflux, and potentially a gastric problem, but it isn't anything more sinister (I wasn't worried about that to be honest). He's put me on PPIs for two weeks then I come back for a review. If they don't work I might have an endoscopy, but again, I don't expect that to be the case.

Yay! An end to the heartburn!

Have you considered food allergies? I haven't had any serious reflux since I said goodbye to beer (and most other wheat). Back when I had the endoscopy etc... they said I'd be on acid blockers for life. I haven't used any in I don't know how long.

BigV 08-14-2008 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 476144)
Picture!?
--snip

If you insist:

Ibby 08-14-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 476179)
Ibby, honey you sound ever so slightly smitten :P

nah, nope, not me, nuh-uh, not at all

=D

Sundae 08-14-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 476192)
Have you considered food allergies? I haven't had any serious reflux since I said goodbye to beer (and most other wheat). Back when I had the endoscopy etc... they said I'd be on acid blockers for life. I haven't used any in I don't know how long.

It's something I'll start thinking about... As and when I have another attack I'll detail my food for the last 24 hours in a food diary.

monster 08-14-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 476169)
Monster and her family will be visiting shortly! Hooray!

:blush: aaawwww. cf and her famille are just the loveliest. We had to frisk Thor and Hector for Minifob's toys as we left. Thanks for having us, hon, it was lovely to meet you :)

(we're just finishing up in the Denny's round the corner before the big haul North...... ;))

Aliantha 08-14-2008 05:46 PM

I don't get reflux if I don't drink and don't stress too much. I also find if I eat much more bland food it doesn't happen either. These things are fairly obvious though. Dairy can also cause reflux even if you aren't lactos intollerant. There's an enzyme in milk that causes it.

I had an endoscopy shortly before my wedding because I was in such a state with my digestion. Apparently the valve to my oesophagus doesn't work properly all the time. They also suggested that I could be susceptible to a disorder called barretts disease which is a pre-cancerous type of thing. Anyway, an endoscopy can be a good way of checking things out there, and well worth it really. At least you know what's going on down there then, and it's really no big deal. They knock you out for it and you wake up and get tea and bikkies.

jinx 08-14-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 476243)
It's something I'll start thinking about... As and when I have another attack I'll detail my food for the last 24 hours in a food diary.

Just fyi, it takes a good 7 days for dairy to clear your system, not sure about other foods..

Sundae 08-15-2008 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 476247)
They also suggested that I could be susceptible to a disorder called barretts disease which is a pre-cancerous type of thing.

That's what my Uncle has just been diagnosed with.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 476258)
Just fyi, it takes a good 7 days for dairy to clear your system, not sure about other foods..

I doubt it's dairy - I have so little of it in my diet at present. But it's useful info, thanks you two.

FStop 08-15-2008 08:47 AM

I just got paid today. (that's making me happy enough!)
I'm taking a half-day at work, leaving at noon, going up to the local DHL distribution center to have an interview for a part-time dockworker.
Now that doesn't seem like much of a big deal, but I'm hoping that it will grow to full-time. See, my job I'm at now requires a 30-mile (48km for all the metric folks) commute, one-way. So i'm at 60 mi (96.5km!) per day, just to get to work. Now I'm sure some of you might drive further, but regardless, the DHL gig is only 4 miles away. If I can get this job eventually to full-time, I can totally wipe out this commute-heavy-madness crap I'm into now.
However, this job allows me to sit on here for hours a day without worry of getting caught and whatnot. And that's a rarity for anybody, I'm sure. ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to get this job, work both for awhile, and make assloads of moolah. I want to be closer to home, spend less on gas, and make more money. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

monster 08-15-2008 09:13 AM

excellent stuff, Fstop. Good luck! you a fellow Brit, then?

kerosene 08-15-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 476154)
I am going to Colorado...I hope I am not in a foot of snow tomorrow....

I can't wait!! I am leaving in 45 minutes! How fun! An adventure! On my own!

And no visit for me?? :sniff:

bbro 08-15-2008 09:33 AM

I got my heater!! :D Apparently pulling out the medical card swayed them. YAY!! :jig:

Sundae 08-15-2008 09:44 AM

Good for you. Hope you'll be toasty in the shortest possible time.