The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 01-18-2012 11:37 AM

Oh that sounds good Classic. Keep us posted eh :)

footfootfoot 01-18-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 788875)
A change is as good as a rest, they say.

Three moves is as good as a fire.

Clodfobble 01-18-2012 12:01 PM

Nice! Congrats Pete, and two pairs of crossed fingers for you, classic.

Clodfobble 01-18-2012 12:37 PM

Making me happy is I finally forced myself to make time for a chiropractor appointment, and he fixed my neck and upper back right the hell up. Best damn chiropractor I've ever had.

classicman 01-18-2012 01:46 PM

Thanks all ... ... ...

This whole interview process is bizarre to me.
They made a BIG DEAL out of calling 5 mins in advance
and being well prepared with a list of items at the ready. OK
I was to call a number and enter a code.
Code only valid for this timeframe blah blah blah OK.
I do my part and call as directed with all the "items" on hand ....
I am put on hold while the interviewer is notified and takes the call. (sigh) OK

After 30 minutes on hold with only the most AWFUL elevator music to keep me
company, a computer generated voice comes on, says the interviewer is "unavailable"
and to try the call later. The call was then disconnected.
Lil pissed, I call back and the code is no longer valid. WTF?

classicman 01-18-2012 01:47 PM

On the positive side, I was offered a 2nd interview through another option.
We'll see.

footfootfoot 01-18-2012 02:17 PM

I am happy, and as a result perplexed, that I found my bundle of sinew when I was cleaning up my desk. (yes)

Now I am wondering what the hell was in the bag that was dragged into the hole in the basement wall.

classicman 01-18-2012 02:19 PM

pssst .. ur weed.

DanaC 01-18-2012 03:04 PM

I collected Pilau's ashes today. I put if off for days since they phoned to say they were ready. Then suddenly I thought...what am i doing? I can't keep leaving him there day after day. He hated being at the vets...

Thought it would really upset me, but actually, I feel a bit like I have brought him home. It's a nice feeling.

When I collected them they were in this big, square white box. Not terrible, but a bit cold and clinical looking. And too big.

Got home and knew I had to open it up and look. Was expecting just to see the bag of ashes. Instead there was another, smaller box. Rectangular and completely covered with a forest scene print. Coincidentally it is all of Pilau's colours. From when he was a pup. Rich dark browns, light honey colours and so on. It's lovely.

I feel like I have him here with me. Like...he's physically here now. Tangible. It felt good to hold him. Only a small weight, but a weight nonetheles.

monster 01-18-2012 04:02 PM

EZ PZ! Wtg on the new job! Do you get "gardening leave" now?

HungLikeJesus 01-18-2012 04:04 PM

New socks!

New socks always make me happy.

limey 01-18-2012 04:12 PM

Dana - how nice that you feel good having Pilau's ashes home. I wonder a lot about the symbolism of ashes after a cremation. They are important (to me, at least).

classicman 01-18-2012 08:50 PM

Dana ... I still have the ashes of my high school dog at my parents. We were just talking about spreading them in the woods he loved to roam all the time.

it 01-19-2012 04:41 AM

I just got in the mail the letter my stepson sent me at his grandmother's house. the best and only chrismas card i ever got - "to daddy", signed "love from sloan" with a tiny drawing of us with a big heart in the middle.

making me cry, and i usually have a very hard time doing that...

BigV 01-19-2012 12:21 PM

awesome!