The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Shawnee123 08-24-2009 08:06 PM

Thanks guys. :)

I just want a little daisy decal for one of the windows, and I'll put a little daisy in the little vase thingy. No vanity plates, but I'd like to get the Ohio Scenic Rivers plate, with the Blue Heron.

It's so fun!

classicman 08-24-2009 08:48 PM

Congrats! Hope it lasts longer than your last car :eek:

:bolt: <Zen put me up to it>

glatt 08-24-2009 08:59 PM

Shawnee, that's a fantastic car! Was the dealership a zoo today?

limey 08-25-2009 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 589825)
No effin way! Really? Brass or fibreglass?

1968 "silver" plated Eb sousaphone, slightly dented but apparently plays OK.
Eb is good with me (I play Eb bass in the local brass band).
Looks like I'ma gonna havta play in the local trad jazz outfit now, too :rolleyes:.
(That's not me in the pic by the way!)

Oh, and Shawnee - what a fab car!

ZenGum 08-25-2009 06:05 AM

Cellar music match number one!

Limey Vs. Urbane Guerilla!
Sousaphone Vs. bagpipes
U.K. Vs. USA ... except that it would work much better if UG had the Sousaphone and Limey had the bagpipes.

DanaC 08-25-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

* I taught a class using a section of a text book I wrote to help international students learn how to use "only", and at least one of the students really got it.
Fucking A! That's totally awesome Zen:)

Shawnee: that's one adorable Bug honey.

Limey: I had no idea that was called a sousaphone.

What's making me happy today is....I dunno...I think the mild depression I've been dealing with is finally lifting. I feel pretty damn good at the moment. Like I can actually get some work done and stuff without it being like walking through treacle. yey!

Shawnee123 08-25-2009 07:22 AM

Thanks again, all!

@ classic: hardy har. I now look about 3 miles up the road before turning ANYWHERE, especially downtown.

@ glatt: dealership wasn't bad at all. They were expecting me, as they had given me the car to drive for the weekend. Of course, this is a used car so I don't think the Cash for Dunkards melee applied.

eta: I never did come up with a name for the Saturn, but this car was easy to name: Daisy Mae! :lol:

Nirvana 08-25-2009 08:47 AM

I love your car Shawnee! I could just pinch its cute cheeks! :)

Dingleschmutz 08-25-2009 08:52 AM

There's nothing going on at work today... Which means I'm going to be getting paid to partake in my Fantasty Football Draft :)

skysidhe 08-25-2009 09:18 AM

I've never heard of a sousaphone.

Nice car 123. Nice color. It makes the body style seem sharper.

Dana I am glad you are feeling better.

Queen of the Ryche 08-25-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 589947)
Thanks again, all!

@ classic: hardy har. I now look about 3 miles up the road before turning ANYWHERE, especially downtown.

@ glatt: dealership wasn't bad at all. They were expecting me, as they had given me the car to drive for the weekend. Of course, this is a used car so I don't think the Cash for Dunkards melee applied.

eta: I never did come up with a name for the Saturn, but this car was easy to name: Daisy Mae! :lol:

Have yous seen the daisy wheels they make? I think that car totally fits your sunny personality. WTG!

Shawnee123 08-25-2009 09:29 AM

Uh oh...daisy wheels? :)

The interior is gray, so that matches my dark side. :lol:

Undertoad 08-25-2009 09:31 AM

People! A sousaphone is a tuba. It was named after John Philip Sousa, who ordered it as a way to have a tuba that one could hold and carry easily. Sousa is known for writing pretty much all of the major march-type pieces that America holds dear.

He also wrote this fine work, which features the tuba nicely, and you'll hear it if you have something configured on your system to play OGG files, such as Quicktime:

http://cellar.org/2009/liberty_bell_march.ogg

glatt 08-25-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 589973)
Sousa is known for...

Apparently not by many Dwellars. ;)

dar512 08-25-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 589860)
:) I just bought this

It's so you. I think we need a pic of you in your new car.