The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 08-05-2008 01:36 AM

What's making me happy is Cicero's new fur-baby. I am so glad she managed to get permission from the landlord. I can think of few people more obviously in need of a dog:)

Sundae 08-05-2008 04:43 AM

... It is good news of course.
But not 3 times worth...? ;)

Tink, it's a spare time course. Each module is given a certain number of points and you study them one at a time. The first is worth 30 points and is an introductory course, or a diploma in ots own right. It will take 9 months of study at 8 hours a week. Later modules can be up to 16 hours a week. It's still a big commitment as without funding it will cost £610 and getting a degree takes 6 years.

Jinx - you're quite right being proud of them. They look very comfortable on the water.

Glad you're on the mend Merc. Sounds pretty grim. Anything to do with knees creeps me out because mine are so cracky.

Ali - please don't do this to me for the next 9 months. I am going to have to go to the fishmongers now. And it's raining. Sounds gorgeous.

DanaC 08-05-2008 05:16 AM

Bloody laptop and it's over-excitable touchpad! I got halfway through typing my reply and it clicked away from the screen, so I went back to the page and completed my post.....not realising the half-finished post had been posted twice! I didn't even notice til you pointed it out lol.

Tink 08-05-2008 10:03 AM

Coffee. Cup numero uno. Gonna head to the Cafe here and get some scrambled eggs and douse them in hot sauce in a sec.

SG, good luck with the funding. I'm sure good things will happen.

HungLikeJesus 08-05-2008 10:16 AM

SG - when you start school you're going to have to create a "kick-me-out-of-here" thread, like lookout123 did.

Come to think of it, I need a "kick-me-out-of-here" thread.

lookout123 08-05-2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

like lookout123 did.
and we all see how well those work. :D

HungLikeJesus 08-05-2008 11:46 AM

Hey, lookout, don't you have work to do? Go on, get out.

How was that?

bbro 08-05-2008 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am going to Austin to see this guy...and his parents, I suppose:right:

Tink 08-05-2008 01:14 PM

What a cutie!

Shawnee123 08-05-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tink (Post 473967)
What a cutie!

I second that! :)

bbro 08-05-2008 03:15 PM

Thank you both! I am so excited. I have actually only seen him in person once. It is weird to see someone grow up in pictures.

He's my nephew BTW

Cicero 08-05-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 473863)
What's making me happy is Cicero's new fur-baby. I am so glad she managed to get permission from the landlord. I can think of few people more obviously in need of a dog:)

lol! Yea. I'm doggy deprived. (Some may call it doggy desparate)
:D

This ties in with what is making me giddy (happy) today! I'm making plans to drop by again after work to go visit the sweet puppy. (The guy is being very casual about drop-ins and the door is usually open)

I have to get more photos before this dog grows up. I feel like I'm missing out on stuff already! I'll have to be patient it's only 3 or 4 weeks before she's mine full time.
:o

Her 3 week birthday was yesterday. 22 days old today!

DanaC 08-05-2008 04:53 PM

When we brought Pilau home, we were armed with instructions from the breeder for his diet. We continued their practice of giving the pups instant porridge, or scrambled egg for breakfast. No sight sticks in my mind from Pilau's first weeks with us more than that of porridge all over his muzzle. He adored porridge and scrambled egg. Still does. Every Preston Guild* he gets a little as a treat.

*cultural note: if something occurs 'every Preston Guild' it is very occasional.

Razzmatazz13 08-06-2008 11:55 AM

I might have to get this ringtone

Tink 08-06-2008 12:53 PM

Funny! That'll make heads turn when the phone goes.

Me, did 60 minutes on the treadmill this morning and heading back at lunch for the weights.