The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 06-15-2007 10:02 PM

If you eat the ice cream first it forms a protective coating on your stomach and you can then eat anything. But thanks for the PB.

xoxoxoBruce 06-15-2007 11:05 PM

Yes, yes, the Breyer's cloak of invincibility. I know it well.

wolf 06-16-2007 01:14 AM

I did not one lick of actual productive work, and will get paid for 8.25 hours of sitting around, reading The Cellar, and being in gabblychat.

HungLikeJesus 06-16-2007 02:00 AM

wolf -- Shouldn't that be in the "Secrets" thread?

It's precisely, precisely 1AM; I'm going to watch a movie now.

rkzenrage 06-16-2007 03:26 AM

Stress test showed no lasting heart damage from the stroke.
Does not explain the wonky EKGs, but I'll take it. First good news I've had after walking into a hospital in a very long time.

Aliantha 06-16-2007 03:32 AM

Congrats rkz. I"m really happy for you mate. :)

Elspode 06-17-2007 04:26 AM

I know I'm going to be struck dead for saying this, but...one good stroke does not usually do it for me, man. I usually need at least two before I get off.

Great news, mate. Hang tough.

Elspode 06-17-2007 04:34 AM

What's making me happy tonight/today? We interacted at a party tonight with the couple cited in my post about last Saturday night, and not only was it not hideous, it was actually encouraging. No sex took place, but there was some hand holding and sincere conversation. As a side note, I also fortified some future prospects, as did Selene. Furthermore, I cleared the air of a couple of past unpleasant issues with people (not related to sex or anything, but actually based in organizational politics due to our involvement in the Pagan Festival thing), got many positive strokes from confidantes about my essential lack of general suckiness, and just sort of had a great time.

Cloud 06-17-2007 03:20 PM

I'm glad for you Elspode!

Bought a new skirt and top today. There's nothing like having a new outfit to wear to work on Monday to help reduce Mondayitis.

limey 06-17-2007 03:25 PM

Me too Els. From various of your posts here recently it seems that things are going (more or less) OK for you, and I'm really pleased for you.

Elspode 06-17-2007 04:29 PM

"More or less okay" is actually a very good summation, limey. It is about equal parts thorns and roses on an average day, and that equals balance, as far as I understand life. It could certainly be worse.

DanaC 06-17-2007 04:36 PM

The guy I'm really into (but haven't told 'cause he's a mate of several years... I may have mentioned this before) phoned me last night about an hour after I'd come home from drinking in the pub with him and a couple of other comrades, and his reason for phoning seemed pretty lame.....so maybe he's thinking of reasons to call....

Tragically that was enough to put me on a high for most of today:P

be-bop 06-17-2007 05:36 PM

It was fathers day on the UK today and I got some nice cards and presents from my two daughters

Clodfobble 06-17-2007 10:53 PM

I got to have alcohol tonight (in the form of a glass of wine) for the first time in about 3 years. Woo!!

wolf 06-18-2007 04:54 PM

I am reading The Cellar at work on my brand-spankin' new laptop and I can even print things across the wireless network the way you're supposed to be able to.

But I seriously need to get used to the laptop keyboard.