The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Griff 06-19-2007 08:00 PM

see N00B thread

skysidhe 06-20-2007 09:19 AM

I have an interview for a job I am not qualified for.

but mostly. I asked for and recieved a paid vacation week of the 4th. We are going to go have fun someplace.
( since Griff won't let me come stay with the baby goat)

Cloud 06-20-2007 09:59 AM

My oldest granddaughter is TEN YEARS OLD today! Woo!

talk about feeling old! :)

Ibby 06-20-2007 10:30 AM

I'm going shopping with two of the hottest girls in the grade tomorrow.

I'm actually getting out of the house, with someone, to do something, pre-planned, for the first time in... in forever, since i moved here, I think. I have like, no life here in Taipei but I'm evidently working on that.

Oh, and I just got two pairs of really nice pants from Hot Topic online. Super low rise, very tight, boot-cut, really hawt jeans. They make my ass look really nice, if I do say so myself. And make me look pretty gay, as an added plus.

skysidhe 06-20-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram (Post 357186)
I'm going shopping with two of the hottest girls in the grade tomorrow.

I'm actually getting out of the house, with someone, to do something, pre-planned, for the first time in... in forever, since i moved here, I think. I have like, no life here in Taipei but I'm evidently working on that.

Oh, and I just got two pairs of really nice pants from Hot Topic online. Super low rise, very tight, boot-cut, really hawt jeans. They make my ass look really nice, if I do say so myself. And make me look pretty gay, as an added plus.

nothing wrong with that ;)

Shawnee123 06-20-2007 12:02 PM

I didn't kill anyone or even raise an eyebrow when we were told that administrators are only getting a 1% raise this year, and we better like it. Fair enough. My choice to stay or go. I was actually glad they were still going to give classified staff the normal 3%, because they are grossly underpaid, too. That valium is doing wonders (kid-dun)

So, I avoided prison. Again. ;)

jester 06-20-2007 02:28 PM

my youngest son (16) got a job! - he applied sat night - called mon afternoon - went tues for an interview. it's at a grocery store - no biggie - besides it works well with his football workouts 6:45 am - 10:00 am

Sundae 06-20-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 357215)
I didn't kill anyone or even raise an eyebrow when we were told that administrators are only getting a 1% raise this year, and we better like it. Fair enough. My choice to stay or go. I was actually glad they were still going to give classified staff the normal 3%, because they are grossly underpaid, too. That valium is doing wonders (kid-dun)

So, I avoided prison. Again. ;)

You're intelligent enough to know that it's effectively a pay cut. I don't know what the rate of inflation is in the US but I doubt it's below 1%.

Babba?
MOVE!

But hey, kudos on your attitude.

Shawnee123 06-20-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 357319)
You're intelligent enough to know that it's effectively a pay cut. I don't know what the rate of inflation is in the US but I doubt it's below 1%.

Babba?
MOVE!

But hey, kudos on your attitude.

I know. The 3% we usually get rarely covers the insurance rate increase.

It's just those few perks (sp?) that keep me here. Like 6+ weeks paid time off and a very free schedule. But, I rarely get the time off because there is too much to do. Yeah, they're butt-fuckin' me in da mouth, but I was proud that I reacted so well. Especially with a couple issues from Monday. Anyhoo.

Grumble. :mad: :rolleyes:

Thesilkmeister 06-20-2007 07:18 PM

what's making me happy today.......hmmm

well, my wife used three pregnancy tests yesterday morning and got a faint blue line every time. And tried again today and got a darker blue line.

Insert very excited ramblings here ______________ :celebrat:

Cloud 06-20-2007 07:27 PM

wow! that IS exciting!

Aliantha 06-21-2007 01:14 AM

Lucky you silkster! I guess we'll be hearing the pitter patter of little silkies soon. ;)

Thesilkmeister 06-21-2007 01:34 AM

indeed. My plans for pale gingers to take over the world is coming to fruition.....MOO HOO HAR HAR!!!!

glatt 06-21-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 357215)
I didn't kill anyone or even raise an eyebrow when we were told that administrators are only getting a 1% raise this year, and we better like it. Fair enough. My choice to stay or go.

Just curious, but how much did they raise tuition for next year? Was it more than 1%?

Shawnee123 06-21-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 357454)
Just curious, but how much did they raise tuition for next year? Was it more than 1%?

This is where it gets interesting. The state is STILL negotiating. First they said no school could raise tuition. Then they said schools could raise tuition 3% to compensate for less state funding. As our budgets were under consideration, we had to cut here, cut there. Now the state is saying they might change it to we can't raise tuition for this year (creating a nightmare for the bursar's office, as we already raised it, as did many other schools) and we can raise next year. Cluster f*** comes to mind.

So, the lack of raises (which have never been based on merit, obviously) is in response to trying to balance our budget. Our rich board members sit in their ivory tower and decide what we can do without. Cost of living raises was one of those things we can do without.

But we better like it.

I wonder what the faculty union thinks about their 2% increase.

Yep, Ohio. We're all about education. :headshake