The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Cloud 05-05-2007 09:51 AM

awwwww, Hime!

thanks, Griff!

Sundae 05-06-2007 07:53 AM

I am in London at my soon-to-be home and my cats haven't yet fought with my housemate's cat - just a few hisses and stand-offs. And my new housemate likes my boys and now seems to want it to work as much as I do. AND I got a text from one of the bestest people I know yesterday, calling me by my Cellar name and saying she was just waiting for her log-in to be confirmed. Fingers crossed she'll be here posting soon.

Oh and it's a Sunday, I'm posting and I have a cat on my lap. That's pretty damn good.

wolf 05-06-2007 01:10 PM

I am going to dinner tonight with a friend I haven't seen for a while.

She may "force" me to drink a margarita.

zippyt 05-06-2007 01:26 PM

Lets see,
Friday , my step daughter had her pinning from nurses school ,
Saterday , She graduated from collage , dinner with her and her fiancee and his parents , it turns out we know a few of the same folks , small world ain't it !!!
Sunday , wake up , coffie , back to bed for a while ;) , breakfast , then,,,,,
well the day is still young !!!

Beestie 05-06-2007 06:52 PM

A beautiful Spring day with my beautiful wife and my two bootiful young'uns and some good friends.

Knowing that we are going to the beach in two weeks. For a week. Knowing that I will finish three projects before going to the beach so that I can relax for once.

Oh, and congrats on the new house, CF. New houses are the bomb. We bought a new one last April and still enjoy it like we bought it yesterday. It was my tenth anniversay present to SWMBO.

Griff 05-06-2007 07:59 PM

Lil'Pete really had a nice* day of fencing today, with lil'Griff cheering her on, and Pete is getting Kiwis and lilacs for Mothers Day.

*she kicked aaaaaassssssssssss!

Kitsune 05-06-2007 08:38 PM

A freshly cleaned house, a nice Florida afternoon rain shower, and the documentary One Six Right on television.

kerosene 05-07-2007 01:09 AM

Dakota and I made a 5' X 5' canvas this weekend and I just got the first coat of gesso on it.

Aliantha 05-07-2007 01:11 AM

cosmopolitans are making me happy today.

Hyoi 05-07-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by case (Post 340718)
Thanks!

Yes, I have. I will be getting new images of all of my paintings this weekend, so I will be sure to post it on my blog.

You have both talent and skill. "Jungle Hunt" is fascinating.

kerosene 05-07-2007 08:34 AM

Thank you, and thanks for checking back! I really need to post more on my blog. I wanted to talk more about the large piece I am about to begin, but it was midnight and I was exhausted.

Anyway, I may quit my job, here soon so I can paint full time.

Hyoi 05-07-2007 09:30 AM

Anyway, I may quit my job, here soon so I can paint full time.......case

This being the "What makes you happy?" thread, quitting jobs always made me happy!

And often praise can seem disingenuous, but I've had a bit of training meself. Is it o.k. if an engineer appreciates art?

kerosene 05-07-2007 06:46 PM

The initial quitting makes me happy, but the aftereffects are not so much fun. (Panic about what to do for money?)

Thanks for appreciating my art, Hyoi. It truly means alot...especially from an engineer. :D

Hyoi 05-08-2007 10:50 AM

Have you considered opening your own studio? Bringing in a few students? Might be something you could operate on weekends until your clientele builds up.

There's truly nothing so satisfying as having your job and joy be the same thing.

jester 05-08-2007 05:27 PM

my son did great in football practice today - he got moved up to 2nd string:D

GO BIG E