The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 10-08-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 491045)
Now just gotta wait til the bosses arrive and see what they say... :thepain:

That's what he gets for hiring a bag lady. :haha:
Didn't you mention something about a company van... the time the tried to steal your ice? That would hold everything including the bookcase.

Sundae 10-08-2008 01:33 PM

I've got the van outside now, all loaded up.
Hurray!
Just waiting for Deb to finish work (please don't let it be too late - I don't have my landlady's telephone number and don't want to start on the wrong foot!)

In other news - went to HM's to collect my laptop.
He has a new female lodger. Good luck to him of course, I always wondered how he would make ends meet without my financial input now he's wrking minimum wage.

Interestingly, her room is untidier than mine was, despite having a real bed and shelves, and HM's set of drawers taken out of it. I wasn't snooping - I went to check the room as I wanted to double check I hadn't left anything, not realising it was occupied.

Oh and the place in general is a tip. Spills on the floor, the hall & stairs not hoovered since I left (at a guess) the kitchen a mess, beer bottles all over the place (I take it she also works at his oub, he's unlikely to have got someone by advertising). And still no lights in the kitchen, no tiles on the bathroom floor, the toilet is still leaking through the living room ceiling etc etc

I know I sound spiteful, but in fact I am relieved. The things I worried about are now worse. So whatever it was I did, it wasn't something we'd already clashed over, therefore there isn't anything more I could have done. I did and still do suspect that the issue was me trying to crimp his new party lifestyle, and that's just that - working an office job and a pub job means you keep regular hours and need regular sleep patterns. Living with another shift worker is obviously working for him.

Right. Fingers crossed I'll be mailing from my new home in about an hour...

Shawnee123 10-08-2008 01:34 PM

Fingers crossed! :)

Shawnee123 10-08-2008 04:13 PM

I'm going for a beer. Right now. See you all there!

Aliantha 10-08-2008 09:32 PM

I heard my babys' heartbeat today. Apparently it works very well. :)

DucksNuts 10-08-2008 09:46 PM

How fast was it going and I will guess the sex?

Aliantha 10-08-2008 09:55 PM

I didn't ask what speed it was going, but it was a bit like this.

kathump, kathump, kathump... ;)

DucksNuts 10-08-2008 10:04 PM

:eyebrow:

Aliantha 10-08-2008 10:06 PM

:)

Trilby 10-09-2008 07:22 AM

What's making me happy today? all of foot's dummy threads. very nice work, foot!

Cicero 10-09-2008 10:07 AM

Yes!! The spam is awesome....Maybe I complained one too many times..but this is ridiculous!

Haaa!

DanaC 10-09-2008 06:14 PM

Wow. I seem to have missed a bunch of stuff. I haven't been aboutmuch lately. Been logging in and just flying to one or two threads and then out.

Sundae: good luck honey. I have missed the whole flurry to move. Sounds like you've had a stressful time. Onwards and upwards :P

Ali: *smiles* that's some pretty heady stuff right there.

What's making me happy today: I've been awarded another prize at uni for last year's work. The Association of Women Graduates (AWG) have awarded me the 2nd Year Leeds History prize for best performing female student.

Aliantha 10-09-2008 06:25 PM

I'm going to pick up my boys in 3 hours. That's very exciting.

classicman 10-09-2008 06:25 PM

Dana. then get your ass to the Award thread!

limey 10-09-2008 07:04 PM

Hey SG, hang in there - you're right, the worst of the move is over, so just enjoy settling in to your new place.
I'm going through a bumpy period of change on the work front - you've just gotta focus on the positive things up ahead!