The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wildlife, living next to nature (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29992)

footfootfoot 07-08-2014 12:30 PM

Yes, but how do you get their tiny legs apart?

Gravdigr 07-08-2014 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hah! My brain. It is teh awesome. Sometimes.

On the thinnest of hunches, I went Googling for a product I thought up. And, lo, and, behold, there it was plain as the mole on yer nose on my face.

Dearest Foot, I present to you, Critter Ridder from Havahart:

Attachment 48455

Also comes in a spray. From here (or pretty much anywhere else, really)

BigV 07-08-2014 11:31 PM

If it comes in a spray, you might consider loosening your grip.

Gravdigr 07-10-2014 05:07 PM

That took just a second...:lol2:

...well, longer than a second...

xoxoxoBruce 07-17-2014 01:17 PM

Hornets...

Gravdigr 07-17-2014 04:31 PM

As a person who is interested in interesting stuff, that was pretty damn cool.

As a person who is allergic to bee stings, and such, fuck that shit, which way to the diesel fuel?

xoxoxoBruce 07-17-2014 10:54 PM

I take issue with White Faced Hornets not being aggressive, though. I had some work me over as a youth, take my wallet, and leave me for dead. It couldn't have been my fault, I was a lovely lad. My eyes were swollen shut for two days so I couldn't pick them out of a lineup.

orthodoc 07-18-2014 08:18 PM

Who told you White Faced Hornets weren't aggressive? They're the worst of the lot. You can't trust a' one of 'em.

xoxoxoBruce 07-18-2014 08:43 PM

When I posted I thought that statement was at the beginning of the video, but it was really at the youtube page...
Quote:

I have learned that white-faced hornets are actually a type of yellow jacket. They are only found in North America. They are not aggressive unless their nest is disturbed.
My bad.

glatt 07-20-2014 08:36 AM

Grr. Something chewed through the spout of my plastic gasoline can that I've stored under the deck for the past 15 years. So I bought a fancy new one that met current regs and was pretty expensive. That just got chewed on too, as well as the gas tank on the lawn mower. I think it's the chipmunk that lives in the nearby hole. This is war. Pics won't be following, out of respect for the sensibilities of animal lovers here. Hatching a plan now. Trip to the hardware store planned for later in the day. (They seemed indifferent to the poison pellets I dropped down their holes.)

Sundae 07-20-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 904969)
It couldn't have been my fault, I was a lovely tasty lad.

Very interesting insight into the nest.
Although one of the most interesting things for me was hearing someone give the word "nest" more than one syllable :p:

Undertoad 07-20-2014 10:26 AM

If you want a gas can, buy it on eBay and get the old style that doesn't meet current regs. Get one with the nipple on the other side from the spout.

The new ones absolutely suck. Trust me on this. If you don't trust me, ask the gallon of diesel fuel on the lawn under my oil tank.

Gravdigr 07-20-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 905181)
Although one of the most interesting things for me was hearing someone give the word "nest" more than one syllable :p:

Now you know how we feel when Brits use the word 'fire'.

;)

Sundae 07-20-2014 01:32 PM

And squirrel :)

Lola Bunny 07-20-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 905181)
Very interesting insight into the nest.

Hmm....I only hear one syllable. :confused: