The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is pissing you off this time? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18362)

glatt 02-04-2019 10:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Old
Attachment 66307
and New

https://products.geappliances.com/ap...cs/JGS760EELES

Attachment 66308

slang 02-04-2019 10:15 AM

It's reassuring that you are at least mildly irritated that every new thing must connect to the net.

So that your oven info can go to the cloud. So that someone sitting at a single keyboard in Russia can hack into that info. So that somehow they can weaponize it and use it against your interests. Or embarrass you when you least expect it.

A good portion of people see that as the natural progression of life.

Ah, hey, that's nice.

Gravdigr 02-04-2019 12:28 PM

Holy shit it's Slang!!

Gravdigr 02-04-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slang (Post 1024935)
A good portion of people see that as the natural progression of life.

A good portion of people see that as a reason not to buy an internet-capable stove.

Why in the hell would want to make a stove even more dangerous? Why would you want to add a level of difficulty to living?

Our stove apparently died the other night. Maybe just the control panel, but, that costs as much as a stove.:neutral:

So...Our stove apparently died the other night.

It's stuck in cleaning mode. That's a million fucking degrees, Precious!!!

And we will NOT be spending 2000 fucking dollars on a new one.

glatt 02-04-2019 12:57 PM

There are some out there in the $500 range.

And they won't connect to the internet. The drawers will slide like shit though. Stay away from Samsung and LG. With Sears going out of business, there might be good sales on Kenmore.

I had fixed my old one 3 times. Twice I did a really good job, but the 3rd time was a frankenstein fix. When it broke the 4th time, I could have done a legit good fix, but I think my wife didn't want me to fix it again. All 4 were separate issues.

In my experience, the control panels are not usually available, and when they are, they are like $250.

Gravdigr 02-04-2019 01:19 PM

If we are spending my money, it'll be a used stove in the $200 range. Electric.

glatt 02-04-2019 04:05 PM

Used would likely get you a better quality stove.

monster 02-04-2019 07:20 PM

Pissing Me off would be a pretty fucking mild way of putting it....

We found ONE Lifeguard Certification class that could fit around Thor's band commitments, registered and paid weeks ago, scheduled everything else around it, he did the online portion, turned up tonight after driving for 25 minutes in rush hour dusk and drizzle.... and was sent home after the 30 minute skills text because there were not enough participants.

Apparently, the instructor took the decision not to cancel class ahead of time on the offchance people would just show up. Like you do to a 24 hour 4 week commitment.

They are supposed to go away and recruit people to keep the class open.

????

"I'm bored. Maybe I'll watch TV. Or I could go to the pool and see if I fancy training to be a lifeguard without having completed the prerequisite online training...."

So then he had to drive home again. Across country in the fog. When they could have cancelled it earlier today instead of unnecessarily endangering teenage drivers and wasting hours of their time on a school night.

slang 02-04-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1024946)

And we will NOT be spending 2000 fucking dollars on a new one.

Ya coulda got one for only $1500 over MLK day.

Bet cha feel silly for that.

BigV 02-04-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1024954)
If we are spending my money, it'll be a used stove in the $200 range. Electric.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1024972)
Used would likely get you a better quality stove.

Worked for me.

Clodfobble 02-06-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr
It's stuck in cleaning mode. That's a million fucking degrees, Precious!!!

Be careful. A house in this neighborhood burned to the ground because a digital stove malfunctioned, turned on cleaning mode by itself, and stayed on all night while they slept.

Griff 02-06-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1025205)
Be careful. A house in this neighborhood burned to the ground because a digital stove malfunctioned, turned on cleaning mode via internet, and stayed on all night while they slept.

Ftfy

Gravdigr 02-06-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1025205)
Be careful. A house in this neighborhood burned to the ground because a digital stove malfunctioned, turned on cleaning mode by itself, and stayed on all night while they slept.

Oh we threw the breaker on that shit with a quickness.

It's replaced, and it's sitting on the patio waiting to go for a ride in the country (the recycler;)).

BigV 02-06-2019 08:43 PM

The predecessor to the stove featured in my post above attempted murder-by-broiler.

Fuck that shit, I'd rather be hungry. That's a sign of life at least.

"ride in the country" Hell yeah.

Gravdigr 02-06-2019 09:20 PM

Yeah, I don't usually give an appliance a second chance to kill me.