The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Undertoad 02-14-2019 05:34 PM

also i enjoy the irony that the store itself is a container

Flint 02-14-2019 05:50 PM

I once bought some shelves off Craigslist, and I needed replacement parts, and they had them at the Container Store, and when I went to the container store, the shelves that everything in the store was on were the kind of shelves I was buying parts for.

I was like yo dawg i herd u like shelves

Griff 02-14-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 1025742)
I once bought some shelves off Craigslist, and I needed replacement parts, and they had them at the Container Store, and when I went to the container store, the shelves that everything in the store was on were the kind of shelves I was buying parts for.

I was like yo dawg i herd u like shelves

I just Ecosiaed Container Store, turns out that’s a thing.

Clodfobble 02-14-2019 09:23 PM

And now I just Googled Ecosia...

xoxoxoBruce 02-15-2019 12:47 AM

Ve haf vays to make sie buy das baume. :haha:

Flint 02-15-2019 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1025747)
I just Ecosiaed Container Store, turns out that’s a thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1025748)
And now I just Googled Ecosia...

motherƒucker. I Googled Ecoasia and learned I could Ecosia Google, so I had to do it to em

Glinda 02-15-2019 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glinda (Post 1025725)
The good news is that it's raining like it's the end times right now, so hopefully the rain is busting up some of that snow. The possible bad news is that it's 38 degrees here and there's no telling what the temp is up on top of that mountain.

:neutral:

Made it. No stress, no strain. Oh, there was still a lot of snow up there, and in some places it was very icy/slippery, but none of it was tougher than my Silverado.

:cool:

Griff 02-15-2019 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 1025762)
motherƒucker. I Googled Ecoasia and learned I could Ecosia Google, so I had to do it to em

I have amused myself.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glinda (Post 1025768)
Made it. No stress, no strain. Oh, there was still a lot of snow up there, and in some places it was very icy/slippery, but none of it was tougher than my Silverado.

bravo

xoxoxoBruce 02-16-2019 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glinda (Post 1025768)

Excellent, you da boss. :thumb:

Glinda 02-20-2019 04:15 PM

Embiggens

https://i.imgur.com/F4lggRv.jpg

Gigantic IPA

:D

BigV 02-20-2019 09:42 PM

it *is* a low IBU, but I'd try it.

recently I had one named... Atlantic Hazy IPA from Frontstreet... First street... fuck I don't remember but I do know it was DELICIOUS. I had it at a seafood joint in Aberdeen on the way back from the coast. Would. Happily. Drink. Again.

Glinda 02-20-2019 11:56 PM

I've never been a huge fan of IPAs - probably because I don't drink enough beer to know any better. Nevertheless, I find that IPAs are a bit too bitter for me. I do however keep a few random bottles of craft beer in the spare fridge at all times. Just in case a visitor drops by. ☺

Last night I made pork chops with potatoes and sauerkraut (gramma's recipe), which calls for half a beer. Pulled this one out of the fridge and couldn't believe the "embiggen" on the label. :eek:

Until a month ago or so, I'd never heard this word. It was Cellar dwellers that enlightened me.

You lot are an amazing collection of brilliantly impressive weirdos. I thank you all for sharing your madness with me.

I am embiggened. :D

xoxoxoBruce 02-21-2019 01:11 AM

Thank Homer Simpson for edumacating us.
Citrusy? Have to be hot a thirsty for that methinks.

Gravdigr 02-21-2019 01:16 PM

Embiggen...I thought I invented that non-word.

Where mah check?!?

I've been thinking about giving up thinking.

It's just something I've been thinking about.

Carruthers 02-21-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1026304)

I've been thinking about giving up thinking.

It's just something I've been thinking about.

That thinking feeling.

Best avoided.