The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

DanaC 08-24-2007 07:23 PM

ack. But hey...and extra? That's something.

Shawnee123 08-25-2007 10:02 AM

After I get off work, I'm cooking chicken kebabs and heading over to a party with plenty of friends, plenty of adult beverages, plenty of games (texas hold 'em, left/right/center, cornhole), plenty of laughs, and a swimmin' pool. It just doesn't get any better than this! Until someone pukes, someone fights, and someone drowns naked in the pool. :p

HungLikeJesus 08-25-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 378426)
After I get off work, I'm cooking chicken kebabs and heading over to a party with plenty of friends, plenty of adult beverages, plenty of games (texas hold 'em, left/right/center, cornhole), plenty of laughs, and a swimmin' pool. It just doesn't get any better than this! Until someone pukes, someone fights, and someone drowns naked in the pool. :p

Cornhole? Will you post pictures?

Shawnee123 08-25-2007 10:45 AM

lol...I was expecting that. In my podunk part of the world, it's a big deal. It's basically horseshoes without the post or the horseshoes. You throw bags filled with corn towards an inclined board with a hole in it. There are tournaments, we even just finished up a summer league here at my college: we play every Friday at lunch. It's really kind of fun. Sanctioned by the American Cornhole Assocation. Yeah, really!:D

HungLikeJesus 08-25-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 378442)
lol...I was expecting that. In my podunk part of the world, it's a big deal. It's basically horseshoes without the post or the horseshoes. You throw bags filled with corn towards an inclined board with a hole in it. There are tournaments, we even just finished up a summer league here at my college: we play every Friday at lunch. It's really kind of fun. Sanctioned by the American Cornhole Assocation. Yeah, really!:D

I thought Ohio was under water from Seneca to Cuyahoga Falls.

Do you have an ACA bumper sticker on the back of your car?

Shawnee123 08-25-2007 10:56 AM

I don't do bumper stickers. It's like a tattoo for your car. And I've said before me getting a tattoo would be like scribbling on the Mona Lisa.

And, actually:

The farms of ohio
Had been replaced by shopping malls
And muzak filled the air
From seneca to cuyahoga falls
Said, a, o, oh way to go ohio

HungLikeJesus 08-31-2007 12:07 AM

I got home from work about 8 and found a message from our neighbors saying just to come over. Instead of walking up the driveway to the road, I took the shortcut through the yard with a tiny LED flashlight.

I scared Kim in their driveway. She said, "I thought you were the bear!" Apparently there's a bear in the neighborhood - a very big bear. It tore the (locked) door off of my neighbor's barn just to get to their trash. They must have a much higher quality of trash then we do, though the bears have been know to drag our trash around a bit, but then leave it spread out over the weeds that we call the yard.

I said, You call me and let me walk through the knee-high grass, when there's a 400-lb bear in the neighborhood. Then we had some drinks and everything was fine.

That is all.

Shawnee123 08-31-2007 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 380621)
She said, "I thought you were the bear!"

And you sighed and said "I thought I was too, I thought I was too."

Great bear story. Be careful!

Cicero 08-31-2007 10:26 AM

I have a friend coming into town early tomorrow morning. Yeah!! I haven't made any real friends in the new place yet. It will be good to see a familiar face. Yes everyone....I have so few friends here that I have to import them.....Good friends are so hard to come by.
Oh-I get so lonely!!! It will be so nice to have a real conversation without having to type it or pick up a phone and lose my signal.

LabRat 08-31-2007 01:12 PM

Just got an email confirmation my article part of the Oct issue, posting October 1. YEAH!! I'm particularly excited about this one, because it was 100% my paper.

glatt 08-31-2007 01:36 PM

Way to go!

You're published!

lumberjim 08-31-2007 01:44 PM

i'm enjoying torturing spexx a little bit. that's making me kinda happy

Griff 08-31-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 380850)
Just got an email confirmation my article part of the Oct issue, posting October 1. YEAH!! I'm particularly excited about this one, because it was 100% my paper.

HOORAY!

HungLikeJesus 08-31-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 380850)

That will mean giving up your secret identity.

LabRat 08-31-2007 03:45 PM

Heh, this is a slight concern, since all the publicity my Meta Forum thread has generated...but oh well. I haven't tried very hard to keep who I really am a secret.

Since this will be my 7th publication, maybe it'll be lucky...