The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

BigV 12-13-2007 10:55 AM

Freezer freezing again. We won't need to buy a new one this year, yay!

HungLikeJesus 12-13-2007 11:05 AM

Today is our building holiday party.

The menu includes almond crusted salmon, apricot brandied roast pork loin, teriyaki marinated chicken breasts, barbecue flank steak, potatoes, fruit salad, dinner rolls and assorted desserts, plus beverages.

Next time I post my keyboard will be sticky.

Shawnee123 12-13-2007 11:07 AM

Mail me some of that salmon, will you?

We have our party tomorrow...go to one of my co-worker's house. Boss Boss buys beer. Hilarity ensues.

HungLikeJesus 12-13-2007 11:15 AM

Would you settle for fish bones and wish bones?

glatt 12-13-2007 11:17 AM

We had our department party last night, and our firm party is tomorrow. I'll skip the firm party and go home to trim the tree.

HungLikeJesus 12-13-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 416108)
We had our department party last night, and our firm party is tomorrow. I'll skip the firm party and go home to trim the tree.

There's something vaguely Freudian about that last statement.

glatt 12-13-2007 11:38 AM

That's what she said.

HungLikeJesus 12-13-2007 01:27 PM

In addition to lots of good food, I just had a Coke, a piece of chocolate cake, and now I'm having a Dr. Pepper. So much for reducing sugar intake.

But I'm happy.

Sundae 12-13-2007 05:12 PM

I have had a wonderful three days (Monday 08.00 til Weds 21.00)
And I will focus on that.

Empty house Monday. I cleaned it top to bottom, felt fantastic.
Despite not flushing, the porcelain of the toilet is pure white and gleaming thanks to half an hour hard scrubbing.

HM finally accepted my apology for a disagreement we had Friday (I apologised Saturday so it was a relief)
Met friend from Leicester off the train on Tuesday and showed her London for two days. Had two lovely meals - Italian and Chinese buffet. She bought me a cool hat (look, she wanted to buy me BOOTS, I was lucky to barter her down to a £10 hat!) Lots of talk and laughs and friendship.

And we saw Crowded House on the last date of their tour (tickets booked back in Sept). At the Albert Hall, which has the most incredible acoustics - Neil talked to us without mike to prove it although I knew having sung there. It's also a great place for flight, so he encouraged those in the gods to make paper aeroplanes and there were some spectacular flights.

They were fantastic. Of course. Made me laugh, cry, sing my heart out.
And afterwards I talked to two men who had originally been seated next to us (but had the wrong seats) who had followed them the whole leg of the European tour. And it was fun talking to real fans, but the real delight was afterwards Tezza saying my face really lit up when I talked to them - it seems I am healing after all.

AND all day Tues I had 1 pint and one glass of wine, despite more being offered and available.
And all day Weds I had 2 pints, see above.
I can control it in the right situation and with the right people.

And we walked for miles and Tez couldn't stop remarking on the improvement in my appearance, health and my happiness.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Oh AND (I have had such a lucky time!) I am going to get on a six week alcohol counselling course either 31 December or the week after (1st week of Jan, whatever date that is). So I will get to do it within my current signed off period and can give the Job Centre a specific date for me being ready, willing and able to seek work and attend all their workshops and course etc without having to get another sick-note.

Yay.

limey 12-13-2007 05:30 PM

I am happy that SG is happy - that is such a lovely few days you've had there, grrrrrl! And good news on the alcohol counselling course, too. :thumb:

freshnesschronic 12-13-2007 06:13 PM

just got home and finals are over

booyakasha

Razzmatazz13 12-14-2007 03:25 AM

I just had the best brainstorm EVAR. OH YEAH!

Shawnee123 12-14-2007 08:12 AM

Free coffee in the cafeteria for Christmas. Sometimes it's the little things. :)

ZenGum 12-14-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 416531)
I just had the best brainstorm EVAR. OH YEAH!

Well.... gonna share the light?

Or was it the brilliant idea about using balloon animals to hold your hair back?

lookout123 12-14-2007 09:29 AM

and now it's time for Fun with HLJ Pooooosts!. Why? cuz it makes me happy.

Quote:

Next time I post my keyboard will be sticky.
Quote:

But I'm happy.

:eyebrow: