The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Shawnee123 12-14-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 416569)
and now it's time for Fun with HLJ Pooooosts!.

Starrrrrrrrrrrrrringggggggggg...HLJ!

:D

HungLikeJesus 12-14-2007 10:57 AM

OK, I'm posting while I'm eating an apple strudel (I almost said "a huge Danish" but I thought some might misinterpret).

Boy are my hands sticky.

Cicero 12-14-2007 11:20 AM

I got the job Suckeerrrrs!!! Ha! Haaa! From layed off during Christmas to a new job on Monday in one week! Awesome. I am so stoked! Can I say stoked?

I'm still thinking of having my current boss visited by the Christmas ghosts, as I may not be little Timmy, or the little matchgirl... but that was bullshit!

This way I still get to be Shawnee's job hero? ;)

Thanks for the good vibes people!!! I'm irrational enough to believe that that could have had at least a fraction to do with such good luck!
:)

lookout123 12-14-2007 11:23 AM

A*W*E*S*O*M*E!!!

Chocolatl 12-14-2007 11:29 AM

Wooo! Great news, Cic! Good luck on Monday.

ZenGum 12-14-2007 11:34 AM

A new job in a week! Bloody brilliant!

:notworthy

Congratulations! and well done for not moping about in self-pity but leaping immediately into the fray.
Hip hip Hooray!
Hip hip Hooray!
Hip hip Hooray!

So.... whats the job? Better or worse than the previous?

Cloud 12-14-2007 11:39 AM

good for people feeling happy! Especially SG and Cicero!

Got my Christmas bonus today! Happy indeed.

Cicero 12-14-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 416609)
A new job in a week! Bloody brilliant!

:notworthy

Congratulations! and well done for not moping about in self-pity but leaping immediately into the fray.
Hip hip Hooray!
Hip hip Hooray!
Hip hip Hooray!

So.... whats the job? Better or worse than the previous?

Thanks everybody!! People have been so nice to me lately I'm not sure what's going on...(here and elsewhere).

As my previous posts suggest I did mope and vent in the very worst way! Glad that was over quickly...

But I'm not sure what I'm headed into...No one ever does until they are in the thick of it...but the job sounds comparable to the circumstances I was hired under with my current job. Which was great. So I would say the same. Which is also good, because I thought that I was about to go down a slippery slope....phew!

The job is an office job, marketing, design, light financial, and assisting the owner. Small business assistant stuff. (For a small business it actually has an international appeal) Very complex position...You just do everything and hope it's enough..There is also an element of encouraging clients to buy a product (it's a high profile cafe, bakery, restaurant, art hub)...I'd be making more on my own just designing, which I hope to do at some point. But this helps me reach my goal. I know how much I need to save, and it's not much...so...the point...I will still be eating is the point! Really- that is the point.... So hey, it's comparable to the job I have now. But you never know until you are there and in the thick of it....It may be sour. Only time will tell! If it turns out sour I'll just move from there too.
:)
Anyhoo, all of this means I will be able to at least keep up a post count and not have to entirely discontinue the cellar. Suckers!! Thanks to the awesome people here and their encouragement!!

jester 12-14-2007 01:15 PM

Congratulations Cic:D

Shawnee123 12-14-2007 01:33 PM

Yay Cic!!!!!!! Woohooooo! You ARE my hero!

shina 12-14-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 416647)
Yay Cic!!!!!!! Woohooooo! You ARE my hero!

Flying home for the holidays in t-minus 6 hrs. woo hoo

Razzmatazz13 12-14-2007 02:09 PM

Yay cic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 416565)
Well.... gonna share the light?

Or was it the brilliant idea about using balloon animals to hold your hair back?

It was Secret Santa related, so you all may know at a later date :D

Razzmatazz13 12-15-2007 10:35 AM

Family christmas party tonight! (More fun than it sounds) I'm heading out now to get myself an outfit for it :D

Sundae 12-15-2007 03:40 PM

My boys. Being mad and scrambling as usual. I call this game Mad Cat Scramble, oddly enough.

When Teri stayed earlier in the week they played Hannibal Over the Alps across her in the living room, bless them. She was in the living room because it's warmer than my room btw, not because I am a bad host. Elephant driving cats at 04.00 isn't ideal for the over 60s though.

Oh and I bought some frozen minced chicken for them - not suitable for human consumption, but WAY better than the flavoured, coloured, processed rubbish you can buy, where you can't tell the difference between tuna and lamb. They went mad for it. So at 60p for 3 meals worth I'll be buying that in the New Year - chicken, chicken & liver, beef, lamb, duck and fish available - they get the necessary bonemeal and is far cheaper than human grade meat. It's made for working dogs, but cat magazines recommend it for raw food fed cats too.

Oh and HM likes my hair the length it is. My first physical compliment from him since I had it cut. Which saves me £13.50 - am not out to please him exclusively, but he's my only input effectively.

Sundae 12-15-2007 05:37 PM

Just talked to Brianna for 10 minutes.
She is amazing and sounds as sexy as she posts.

I'll deal with the cost of the call when the bill comes through, but I'd like it to be a monthly occurrence.
I can't explain how amazed I am to put a (beautiful) voice to a name. I am SO happy.