The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 01-11-2008 12:01 AM

Shawnee, most cars are not meant to be left upside down for any length of time. I'm glad to hear that you got yours turned over.

Sundae 01-11-2008 06:42 AM

Yesterday I signed up to volunteer in a local charity shop one day a week. Scary but it feels good. I get shown around on Saturday and start on Thursday.

I've also managed to book a free haircut for 5 Feb - fully qualified hairdressers on an induction course for a very upmarket salon (to learn the way they do things there). It would cost me £73.50 if I was paying. Also the Manager was very taken by my story of getting back on my feet and has said he'll try to get me into the colouring part of the course too - wooohooo!

Tomorrow I am going on a London Walk called Darkest Victorian London, Peeling Forbidden Fruit and I am looking forward to it enormously. I'll take pictures if there is anything which translates well without too much explanation.

DanaC 01-11-2008 08:46 AM

Yey you Sundae! :)

One exam down, two more to go! Then a whole semester before I have to sit another.

TheMercenary 01-11-2008 08:47 AM

It has been in the mid to high 70's here all week.

BigV 01-11-2008 12:08 PM

I found my library book!

:happy dance:

I've been... slammed at work, and my desk is a mess, even by my lax standards. It was right there, under that pad. Interestingly, I had the devil of a time finding it, because I was looking for a green book (the color of the last one I just finished) and the one that was lost is really blue.

Shawnee123 01-11-2008 12:48 PM

This Week From Hell is almost over.

Well, a couple more hours. Right now I have to call someone who is most assuredly going to yell at me or cry to me.

But then...!

Happy edit: that is the 3rd student today that the front desk people asked me to call because they were SO MAD when they called earlier. All 3 of them were just fine talking to me, and were quite able to handle the situation after I spoke with them. Damn, I'm better at this than I thought (a week like this I have to remind myself!) :)

bbro 01-11-2008 03:09 PM

I Got A Raise Effective Monday!!! YAY!!

DanaC 01-11-2008 03:16 PM

Good goin Shawnee. Making that stuff less stressful for those students is a great service to them.

bbro, congrats!

bbro 01-11-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 423685)
bbro, congrats!

Thanks!! I am dancing in the wind. And here, I thought the phone call was going to be bad news. :D

Shawnee123 01-11-2008 03:19 PM

Thank you Dana, that means a lot to hear that. :)

bbro 01-11-2008 03:29 PM

Sorry, Shawnee, I was just so excited. Although, it was people like you who got me through college, so thank you for being so patient!!

glatt 01-11-2008 03:48 PM

We just dodged a bullet.

The superintendent of our school district just released his much anticipated proposed redistricting plan, and our kids will be grandfathered. They get to stay in their school and not get bussed off to some new place where they don't know anyone.

519 other kids around the county are not so lucky.

TheMercenary 01-11-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 423697)
We just dodged a bullet.

The superintendent of our school district just released his much anticipated proposed redistricting plan, and our kids will be grandfathered. They get to stay in their school and not get bussed off to some new place where they don't know anyone.

519 other kids around the county are not so lucky.

Congrats, that whole redistricting thing sucks. There will be some very pissed off parents out there. Get ready.

Razzmatazz13 01-14-2008 10:23 AM

I got a boyyyyyfriend.
(Photos to come as soon as I remember to take some of us.)

ZenGum 01-14-2008 10:30 AM

That's great, Razz. :)
We'd been wondering where you'd been.