The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Cicero 01-25-2008 06:10 PM

lol! Sounds fun zippy!!

It's great like this: Since you have been making this very difficult and my life generally screwed up......Let's let you deal with the whole thing all by yourself! Love it!! Yeah!

Clodfobble 01-27-2008 04:34 PM

Minifob got his first real haircut today.

See, his hair grows like fucking kudzu. We're talking a full inch a month, maybe more. It's no surprise, really; both my husband and I have relatively fast-growing hair, but I can get away with letting mine go for longer since I'm a chick, and Mr. Clod is capable of sitting still in a chair for a few minutes every month to get his hair cut. Minifob, not so much.

Up to this point I have been trimming his mop myself, but meeting with decreasing levels of success. I do have the skills to give a decent boys' cut, but only if he freaking holds still. I used to trap him in the bathtub so that I could just take it slow, one snip at a time while he scuttled around, but nowadays he can easily climb out and run away. The last time, I got impatient and ended up making a couple of really bad snips, and his hair looked downright retarded. So I decided to at least try a professional, despite having very low expectations.

This place was just awesome. The seats for the youngest kids have full harness seat belts, so he couldn't get away. And even though he basically cried and thrashed the whole time, the woman was like lightning, 2-3 minutes tops, and the final cut looks really damn good. His ass is going back there in another 4 weeks, you can bet on it.

elSicomoro 01-27-2008 04:43 PM

I bought Endless Ocean for the Wii today...I'll play it tonight.

xoxoxoBruce 01-27-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 427617)
Minifob got his first real haircut today.

Expensive?

JuancoRocks 01-27-2008 07:30 PM

It's raining in Arizona. All last night and all day today.

In other places your mama tells you to come in out of the rain.

In Arizona, we go out and stand in it, look at it and marvel in it's loveliness.

We need the rain, tourists and Superbowl be damned.:D

jinx 01-27-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 427617)
This place was just awesome. The seats for the youngest kids have full harness seat belts, so he couldn't get away. And even though he basically cried and thrashed the whole time, the woman was like lightning, 2-3 minutes tops, and the final cut looks really damn good. His ass is going back there in another 4 weeks, you can bet on it.

I used to take the kids to a place that had carousel animals for the kids to sit on, parked in front of a bank of TVs - and they had a huge bucket of dumdums (if the kids got hair on their dumdum, they'd just whip out another one). The kids never even knew they were getting a hair cut I swear.

bbro 01-28-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 427294)
But it will help you get out of debt, which is exciting.

Um... what are you wearing?

Exactly!

Right now I am wearing jeans and a huge button down shirt. You do realize I was kidding before when I said I was naked, right??

As for my happiness today, it is my B-day and some of my friends are taking me out to dinner.

Can't wait!!:D

Clodfobble 01-28-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Expensive?

$16, plus tip. More than a SuperCuts or some place like that, but well worth it IMHO.

xoxoxoBruce 01-28-2008 10:38 PM

Worth it.

Ibby 01-29-2008 07:48 AM

I'm officially now a card-carrying member of the ACLU!

And even better...

I'm currently listening to the Mobile Fidelity 200-gram vinyl half-speed master of Dark Side of the Moon, through a hand-wired, all-tube, all-analog amp.
Sooo damn nice.

BigV 01-29-2008 04:31 PM

I love Tink and Tink loves me.

:heartpump

Tink 01-30-2008 02:34 PM

Leaving for Vegas in one week for work. So nice when you don't have to pay for it.

BigV 01-30-2008 02:43 PM

yeah.... well.... .I *still* love her.

Nyah.

Clodfobble 01-30-2008 06:57 PM

I have an officially scheduled due date. April 11th, here I come! (Sorry, no gambling this time--I mean, you're welcome to, but the odds are stacked pretty heavily.) This is great for me because of my inherent distaste for uncertainty. It's not like it'll affect anything one way or another, I just like knowing. Plus, Friday is also an excellent starting point for lining up several days of childcare for Minifob.

HungLikeJesus 01-30-2008 07:00 PM

Would this one be microfob, then?