The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

HungLikeJesus 02-18-2008 01:07 PM

My wife got a new phone and gave me her old phone, which is almost exactly like my old phone, except it has bluetooth.

With that, I am able to synchronize the phone with my Outlook address book and connect a bluetooth headset. But the most useful feature is that I'm able to connect my laptop to the phone and get high(er) speed internet access. (Our dial-up connects at about 24 kBps, and this connects at 60-120 kBps.) I don't know if I'm incurring additional charges through the cell phone.

Tink 02-18-2008 01:15 PM

A new mouse for my computer! Finally! Nothing like having it lock up on you literally 30+ times a day and having to disconnect and reconnect it to the system. GOD!

TheMercenary 02-18-2008 05:54 PM

I am more than half way through this God awful shift.

monster 02-18-2008 06:27 PM

Which god-awful shit?

jinx 02-18-2008 06:30 PM

shift

monster 02-18-2008 06:31 PM

ah

:lol:

TheMercenary 02-18-2008 06:42 PM

11 more hours and off to the next one.

classicman 02-18-2008 06:42 PM

... and I was right there with you monster

Clodfobble 02-18-2008 09:06 PM

My random, inexplicable and very frustrating computer problem suddenly fixed itself, just as inexplicably, at a time when I was doing absolutely nothing with it. I don't know what was wrong, but it's better now!

TheMercenary 02-19-2008 10:48 AM

Working for 3 hours, getting paid for 8. Headed home.

HungLikeJesus 02-19-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 433319)
Working for 3 hours, getting paid for 8. Headed home.

Three hours working and five hours in the Cellar?

Cicero 02-19-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 433186)
My random, inexplicable and very frustrating computer problem suddenly fixed itself, just as inexplicably, at a time when I was doing absolutely nothing with it. I don't know what was wrong, but it's better now!

Really? Because that computer I was all excited about doesn't even work and now I'm going to have to crack that stupid egg open.
:sniff:

lookout123 02-20-2008 01:32 PM

Arsenal and AC Milan kick off in 15 minutes. Although I think Milan will best the gunners over two legs I just want this challenge behind them.

BigV 02-20-2008 02:18 PM

My coffee cup has returned.

**Somebody** found it in the sink. How it got there is a mystery. It's a black coffee cup, with a colorful design on the outside. Why someone felt compelled to carry it to the sink and wash it is unknown.

It's back. I'm drinking my coffee from it. I'm happy.

DanaC 02-20-2008 06:21 PM

I got the (provisional) results through for last semester's modules. These marks incorporate the assigments and the exams. The ones I was tearing my hair out over and generally felt I'd royally fucked up. Not so *grins widely* not fucked up at all! Out of three modules I was the highest scoring in two and the joint highest scoring in the third (with one other person).

They have to go for second marking to an external marker yet and there is occasionally a little drift in the marks but anything more than a small variance would trigger a third marking and is quite unusual.

Now....I just need to not fuck this semester's modules up (currently am not exactly up to date with where I should be in my assigments at this point if I want to get them in on time) and the year will have been a good one :) Of course...bit stressful since I'm up for election this year and my campaign runs through the busiest part of the semester when all the assignments come due lol. Also this semester I opted for heavily research based modules which makes it harder to just cram up for a few days and write essays on the hoof!