The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

monster 11-17-2008 10:04 PM

kenya, SG. states will always be here, silly to waste that financial cushion on it, awesome though we all are.... but Kenya.......

not sure I can forgive you for the evil thought, though

DanaC 11-18-2008 03:18 AM

Mum's back from hospital. She came out yesterday evening. The previous night at 1am, the doctors decided they had to slice the top off (sort of like lancing it) because the infection was gathering to a head and was swelling to the point of cutting off the circulation to the hand. She had her last IV antibiotics at 5pm and came home armed with a big bottle of superstrong anti-biotic tablets...and instructions to rest...

She drover herself home. I'd been washng and drying clean bedding for her, and the sheet wasn't quite dry as she came in, so I left making her bed until later...or rather, that was my plan. She very sneakily went and made her bed whilst I was making a coffee... in what way is making a bed resting?

*smiles* anyway she seems pretty chipper overall and her hand doesnt look half as swollen this morning:)

oh...fly in the ointment: I stubbed my toe (two in from little toe) on the stone pantry step and it's well fucking sore. Still hurts this morning and can't wear my leather boots because they press on it. Have to wear laceup baseball boots even though it's a freezing cold Yorkshire morning. Oh well :P serve me right for being a clumsy cow!

Shawnee123 11-18-2008 07:22 AM

Glad your mom is doing well, DanaC!

sweetwater 11-18-2008 10:11 AM

We have Bambi-burger for the freezer. On his first hunt in many years, Mr. Sweetwater killed a deer. Most of my happiness is because I know he is happy, and the shot was a clean and quick (so if the deer could express himself, it would be/have been happy, too).

DanaC 11-18-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

(so if the deer could express himself, it would be/have been happy, too).
.....I seriously doubt that...

Aliantha 11-18-2008 04:18 PM

It's only 9 days till Dazza gets home...and then no more trips till after Xmas. :)

Aliantha 11-18-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 505534)
.....I seriously doubt that...

Well probably happier than if it'd had to suffer at least... ;)

Are you a vego?

Cicero 11-18-2008 04:22 PM

Well I was depressed about Thanksgiving coming up and having no one to cook for, and being alone and all that...

As it turns out, one of my friends from the coffee shop is thinking of doing a pot-luck for all us orphans at his house. I can cook a Turkey, yea!!

:)

Pico and ME 11-18-2008 04:22 PM

um....watchingTV.

Aliantha 11-18-2008 04:23 PM

lol...funny one Pico.

Cicero 11-18-2008 04:25 PM

No tv was mentioned, but I bet I could annoy them with stuff I don't even watch. God I hope they don't want to hang out and watch the game.

DanaC 11-18-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 505537)
Well probably happier than if it'd had to suffer at least... ;)

Are you a vego?

*shakes head* nope.

Aliantha 11-18-2008 04:39 PM

Actually, here's something about animal rights.

Hmmm...on second thought, I'm going to put it in the parenting forum. I think it's appropriate there. :)

Sundae 11-18-2008 04:45 PM

Very pleased about your Mum, Dani. I told my Mum about it and she'll be pleased to hear it as well. As a former Auxiliary Nurse, she knew all about the Death Lines. I also agree with you that the deer would prefer not to be dead, but accept if you had to choose a death apart from old age, a single shot from nowhere would be reasonable. I'd prefer barbituates and brandy in a situation of my choosing, but there's a sad bias against ruminants in pharmacies and liquor stores these days.

I am now thinking about perhaps buying a moped instead of going to Kenya. This considerably widens my pool of job opportunities, and latens my time of rising when I get a job. My parents live a mile from the centre of town, and further from the industrial areas, which are on the outskirts on the other side. I'm still looking and thinking.

HungLikeJesus 11-18-2008 04:58 PM

Sundae, I like the scooter/moped idea. It would give you so much more mobility and freedom, and open up new opportunities. Just be careful - a huge percentage of the people in your area drive on the wrong side of the road.