The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

monster 02-09-2008 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the finishing touch you need:

lumberjim 02-09-2008 02:29 PM

so, zippy....what's behind the green door?

Clodfobble 02-09-2008 02:47 PM

Woo! Bigger refund on the taxes than we were expecting. That'll help with all the goddamn car repairs...rassafrassa...

xoxoxoBruce 02-09-2008 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 431132)
so, zippy....what's behind the green door?

zippyt 02-09-2008 05:58 PM

Bruce pretty much nailed it ,

Though I am thinking about a house tour

monster 02-10-2008 11:55 PM

Just booked a night at Great Wolf Lodge (indoor waterpark/hotel) during winter break. Sprogs are gonna be stoked. :D

Tink 02-11-2008 02:05 PM

BigV gave me a laptop! I've progressed into the 21st Century at last!

DanaC 02-11-2008 02:32 PM

Woot! Nicely done BigV.

Aliantha 02-11-2008 06:10 PM

I just found out that even though it's raining, I'll still be getting my new bookcase. :)

Flint 02-13-2008 09:35 AM

Last night I got invited to sit in on "Avant Garde" night at a local Italian place that features live jazz. Coincidentally, the pianist lives right behind me, and we talk over the fence. So...on the first Tuesday of the month, he brings in various dudes to do an improv jam. His regular drummer also plays piano, so we could play musical chairs.

Cool. I get to jam with some jazz cats in an informal (no pressure) setting, which is nice, because I have no jazz training. I'm a jazz listener, but I've never had a jazz gig. I've been involved with gigs in many different genres, but I'm very excited to get some jazz time.

It's really hard for me to play out enough, with two small children and a full time job that I'm also on-call for. Back "in the day" I used to play out at least three or four night a week, usually three one-hour sets a night. So, it's nice to find another musical outlet. And...it's jazz!

Sundae 02-13-2008 10:54 AM

My Indian cowboy boots fit me.
When I bought them I couldn't do the zip up much past my ankle because my calves were too fat. I am wearing them today.

They're brown mock suede with sequins and jewels all over them (Indian as in the sub-continent, not as in Native American) and a small heel. I love them.

aimeecc 02-13-2008 11:21 AM

I am happy I didn't work yesterday. Everyone is saying it was a horrible commute home because of the ice/rain (they closed down portions of the interstate in order to de-ice). And I'm thankful I was not part of that.

Its rainy icey, expecting to turn to snow tonight. Should be bea-u-ti-ful!

Also, President Bush is expected to sign the stimulus package. I'm not excited about the cash, but part of it is increasing the conforming loan limit in high cost metropolitan areas. I'm going to buy a house soon, and it will really help to have the loan limit increased so I can get my entire loan at a reasonable rate.

BigV 02-13-2008 12:49 PM

An approved vacation request for Monday!

Aliantha 02-13-2008 04:55 PM

I'm happy and excited because the book launch is on tomorrow, and not only will there be local media attending, but we've just had a request for an invitation for the correspondant for THE LONDON TIMES!!! Can you believe it? This is great news.

I'm so excited!

icileparadise 02-13-2008 07:53 PM

London Times.

Go Ali go, tell it how it is and all my cheering. Give it your best Lady, you can do it. Yeh.