The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

plthijinx 08-27-2011 04:05 PM

ok so last night was dr. froth's birthday bash concert. i planned on going to it last year when i left the last one. i got trumped at work (the track) and didn't put my request in on time. every other manager there was already going. i got stuck working. i was pissed. well more than that. i was flat out mad. now i find out they are playing again next week at the same place! SWEET! i'm SO there!!!!!! yeahuh. i'm excited!

Griff 08-28-2011 03:11 PM

Again with the mountain biking... We rode last night to avoid Irene. It was fantastic, we had to push it to get done before total darkness. We just flew down the trails in the slackening light all senses on. It was just so cool.

monster 08-29-2011 06:38 PM

My gardening/weeding business/whatever is going well. Both clients have paid me, I have more owed, and today my second client recommended me to her boss. And it's only day 5. I get to do something I enjoy, be my own boss and get paid for it. It ain't a PhD salary, but I name my hours, my clients are word-of-mouth, and I might make enough to pay for the boys' hockey before the season disappears under the snow. Or at least for one of them.

Lola Bunny 08-29-2011 10:29 PM

Wonderful, Monster!

BigV 08-29-2011 10:56 PM

good job monster

for me, finally configuring this new machine to find and play .mov files in picasa. This was a major undertaking and took a lot of figuring out for me, but I'm very very happy to report that about 180 videos that were previously saved but utterly unavailable to view are now present and accounted for in my picasa library!

o happy day!

ZenGum 08-29-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 753009)
Having a hurricane cleaning party with offspring. Getting rid of a bunch of crap that was just taking up much needed space. Basement looks better than it has in years.

How does tht work? Do you just leave all your old crap out on the lawn and wait for it to blow away?

infinite monkey 08-30-2011 09:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My 6 year old niece was playing in my car on Sunday. I asked if she were practicing for Homecoming Queen. Homecoming Jester will be more like it, she's very funny.

Sundae 08-30-2011 02:13 PM

oh right, your car

Your Car

YOUR FUCKING CAR?!

Where was I when you bought a lemon sorbet coloured Beetle convertible?!
You are so fucking cool.
Just... leave out the "fucking" bit when you tell your nieces, okay?
(but when they're old enough call me and pass the phone over - I'll say Harry Potter or quote Monty Python or whatever is cool at the time).

infinite monkey 08-30-2011 02:20 PM

That was the car I bought when my 2 week old Astra was totalled by the Punk with the Phone. I got my insurance pay out and bought the Bug used. Not nearly as practical, but look where practical got me (the Astra being my very first brand new car, was supposed to accompany me on my long commutes when I got this job.) I say it's my mid-life crisis.

It's a joy to drive in the summer. Kids everywhere yelling "slug bug!" and punching each other on the arm...or just waving and yelling 'HI' and I wave back, of course.

It's not so great in winter (but not bad, with the amazing german engineering and handling and safety features) but I do love my Daisy Head Mayzie. My friends say it's 'me.'

By the way, the color is Mellow Yellow. That was a selling point too, old hippy that I am.

So we were talking that I should drive it for a few more years so the 11 year old niece can drive it someday. The 6 year old, pictured, said "no, it's MINE." This is the one who wouldn't go for a ride with me when I first got it because she didn't like it with the "lid" down. I still call it the 'lid.'

:)

(Funnily enough...the other car is my sis-in-law's brand new Honda Odyssey. She had it a week and a half before someone tore into one side of it in a parking lot...and ran. She stole my bad luck.)

My nieces are dying to hear your accent. They think English accents are the be-all end-all of cool!

Sundae 08-30-2011 02:30 PM

Well then PM me a number, silly.
You've known me long enough that I won't drunk-dial at 02.00 your time, cursing out you and your family!

Some time you know you'll all be together, let me know and I'll ramble on for a bit.
Just in a furrin' accent.

PS - lemon sorbet.
That's not a European knowing better, it's just me deciding on a colour name..

Undertoad 08-30-2011 02:33 PM

egg salad

infinite monkey 08-30-2011 02:38 PM

It's WAY better than all the Tweety Yellows I see around. Bleck bleh bleh.

'Sides, I'd squish Tweety's head if'n I ever saw that phony little bird. There's a bright yellow (not convertible) Bug that runs around town with Tweety stuff all over it (wow, how unique!) and I told my friends I would paint my car black and white like Sylvester and chase the Tweety car around town to see if anyone got the joke. ;)

Trilby 08-30-2011 02:50 PM

A really cute niece and a really cute car!!

I think it looks like Lemon Lolly Yellow!

Lola Bunny 08-30-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 753552)
Well then PM me a number, silly.
You've known me long enough that I won't drunk-dial at 02.00 your time, cursing out you and your family!

Ooooh...can you drunk-dial me at 02.00 my time...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 753555)

There's a bright yellow (not convertible) Bug that runs around town with Tweety stuff all over it (wow, how unique!) and I told my friends I would paint my car black and white like Sylvester and chase the Tweety car around town to see if anyone got the joke. ;)

I would love to see you do this! :lol: Make sure to videotape it for us to see if you ever do. :D

BigV 08-30-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 753553)
egg salad

how many eggs?