The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Sundae 08-22-2008 06:14 AM

Brianna being all better again.

A package I received.

And food (of course).
Just had a Ginsters pasty because it was discounted, and heated it up with some beans. Not exactly home cooking, but the closest I've come to it recently. My belly is not full of fibre and protein and is sending warmwaves of happiness in return.

jinx 08-22-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 477362)
Jinx, you and I need to do drinks and car talk.

Ok, but I'll want to drive your car before the drinks... and the talking... :D

I got my jeep (lift kit) fixed, and got some new front shocks.

DanaC 08-23-2008 06:10 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................

That, ladies and germs, lads and ladettes, was a contented sigh. I am back at home. I managed to get my act together and do a quick tidy up and such. Ate a nice meal I knocked together (minted lamb-steaks, new potatoes with Danish butter and garden peas on the side) which was very nice. Pil's content, having had a nice long walk in the evening and about a quarter of my lamb steak. Have spent a little time bumbling about on my computer and am just about to settle down to part 4 of Doctor Who: The Brain of Morbius.

Oh, and Ma brought some delightful clotted cream fudge back from Wales, which was in a box bearing a picture of a hound and the message: Thanks for looking after the dog, you're Grrr great.

Brilliant marketing for holiday gifts or what? Lovely fudge.

FStop 08-23-2008 07:38 PM

What's making me happy?
This Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds album, "Live at Radio City Music Hall"..generally overlooked, especially "Crush"..Working on doing my own acoustic version of that one..

Ibby 08-24-2008 07:42 AM

I AM LYSANDER.

We're doing MSND at our school for the big play this year. Auditions were Thursday and Friday.
Castlist came out today.
FUCK yes.

If there's any one part I wanted more than the others
It's Lysander.

ahhhh yes.

Clodfobble 08-24-2008 09:40 AM

Congrats! Did your school cast a girl or a boy as Puck? I'm always curious...

Ibby 08-24-2008 10:10 AM

A boy, this time, but casting was definitely open on that one.

DanaC 08-24-2008 12:46 PM

I remember my sixth-form college putting that on one year. The lad who played Oberon was amazing. In the middle of a fairly ordinary (if enthusiastic) college production, was this drama student who could have happily held his own in repertory theatre. Serious amount of stage presence and moved beautifully. Bizarrely mellifluous voice for a teenager too.

HungLikeJesus 08-24-2008 01:23 PM

I just ordered two books through Amazon. I bought them both used. The price new was $128 and $82. The used price was $1.68 and $0.47. Total with shipping was $10.

DanaC 08-24-2008 02:26 PM

Brilliant! I must admit, Amazon and Ebay really cut my study budget down last year.

lookout123 08-26-2008 12:35 PM

Last week I got a phonecall from the director (aka dickcheese) from the rec soccer program that I used to coach at and Lil Lookout still plays at while waiting for the full competitive season to start. The highlights of the conversation were him demanding that I get my kid under control, and me politely inviting him to suck a dick and don't bother calling me anymore.

Why is this in the "happy" thread, you ask? Cuz I love my kid.

After the troubles I had with the director at the soccer club Lil Lookout moved up to the next age group a year early so they wouldn't complain about him when he scores. :neutral: He's actually done better than I thought he would. He is by far the smallest kid out there, coming only to the shoulder of most of the kids. One of the girls he played against was literally taller than I am, which meant LL only came to just above her belly button. Fun for junior high dances, but not for soccer.

Anyway, because he is in a higher age group I removed all restrictions from him other than he had better be a team player, which in his case means he has to have assists in proportion to his goals. He has been doing that and loving life, scoring at least 3 with 3 assists in each game, while spending half of each game as goalie. With the leash taken off, the kid has really come to life, dribbling circles around the other team and just looking like a kid having fun at something he's good at.

Hence the phonecall.

That was before Saturday's game. Saturday was a good day. Lil Lookout started the game with six assists in twelve minutes. Then he went into the goal for the next 20 minutes. When he came out of the goal he had sixteen minutes to play on the field. In that sixteen minutes he notched up six goals and two more assists. He was on cloud nine after the game.

The director was furious and was on his way to talk to Lil Lookout when I intercepted him. I politely shook his hand and informed him that if he said anything other than "good game" to LL I would destroy his world to the point that he'd never work in Arizona again. It seems I've unearthed some documents pointing out he doesn't actually have the licenses he claims, was fired from a previous club for theft, and the complex has had some issues with expensive equipment disappearing in the last two months.

Mostly I'm just happy that Lil Lookout is enjoying himself.:D

Undertoad 08-26-2008 12:47 PM

What Dwellar would you want to be? I hereby change my answer to l123.

lookout123 08-26-2008 01:18 PM

LOL, no you don't. You wouldn't really want your life to be consumed by petty little shit like this. It suits me well, because my only ambitions are to enjoy life with the family and everything else is just to amuse me... but I don't think I have a life others would want.

SteveDallas 08-26-2008 02:19 PM

I have succeeded in adapting some sample perl code to slap together some custom reporting from an Oracle database.

Undertoad 08-26-2008 02:35 PM

I change my answer to LL.