The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

glatt 12-16-2016 07:15 AM

Yesterday I was really happy for a trivial thing, but that's sometimes the way it works, isn't it?

I needed to deal with some stupid red tape at the courthouse on the will/estate I'm dealing with. I was dreading it because visiting this clerk is by appointment only and I didn't have an appointment.

Found the last spot in the court parking lot, and I paid for 2 hours of parking, just in case I was going to have to sit there for a while to wait my turn to be helped.

They had a miniature Christmas tree with a train running around it on the counter, Christmas music softly playing, and a candy jar. And the clerk in the back of the office looked up and saw me standing there, and came right over to help me. She updated and notarized my document and didn't charge me the two dollars I was expecting them to charge. It went so smoothly. She was so friendly. And I was back to the parking lot in under 5 minutes. Cars were circling at that point, looking for spots. So I gestured to one guy where my car was and he waited while I pulled out. I had to pass him as I pulled away, so I rolled down my window and grabbed my almost 2 hours of paid parking slip off the dash, and passed it over to him. He was confused at first, but then said "Awesome! Thank you. Happy Holidays."

So that's it. Gave me a boost that lasted most of the day.

footfootfoot 12-16-2016 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 976543)
Yesterday I was really happy for a trivial thing, but that's sometimes the way it works, isn't it?

I needed to deal with some stupid red tape at the courthouse on the will/estate I'm dealing with. I was dreading it because visiting this clerk is by appointment only and I didn't have an appointment.

Found the last spot in the court parking lot, and I paid for 2 hours of parking, just in case I was going to have to sit there for a while to wait my turn to be helped.

They had a miniature Christmas tree with a train running around it on the counter, Christmas music softly playing, and a candy jar. And the clerk in the back of the office looked up and saw me standing there, and came right over to help me. She updated and notarized my document and didn't charge me the two dollars I was expecting them to charge. It went so smoothly. She was so friendly. And I was back to the parking lot in under 5 minutes. Cars were circling at that point, looking for spots. So I gestured to one guy where my car was and he waited while I pulled out. I had to pass him as I pulled away, so I rolled down my window and grabbed my almost 2 hours of paid parking slip off the dash, and passed it over to him. He was confused at first, but then said "Awesome! Thank you. Happy Holidays."

So that's it. Gave me a boost that lasted most of the day.

This made my day! Thanks.

Griff 12-16-2016 08:34 AM

Big smile man!

classicman 12-16-2016 11:39 AM

nice!

fargon 12-16-2016 11:46 AM

My day is made.

Undertoad 12-16-2016 01:46 PM

Boss who sits behind me is out for Christmas vaca. :D

~ it's way more trivial than all your happies, but this one is mine and I'm keeping it ~

glatt 12-16-2016 02:55 PM

That's huge. Enjoy it.

Griff 12-17-2016 08:59 AM

Have maintenance move him while he's out.

Gravdigr 12-17-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 976593)
That's huge. Enjoy it.

Yuge.

Clodfobble 12-18-2016 12:06 AM

Got Mr. Clod to take Stepson out shopping today. They replaced all the basics (he'd outgrown pants and sleep shirts, and destroyed underwear and socks) and also bought several nicer items to, quote, "spiff up" his wardrobe, as Stepson has recently decided he'd like to be the kind of guy who wears fashion-forward dress shirts with vests and/or ties on a regular basis. Happy #1 is I didn't have to deal with any of that, but Happy #2 is Mr. Clod made it clear to Stepson that these voluntary nicer items counted as Christmas presents, which means I have less stuff to panic-purchase in the next week.

Bonus Happy #3, the suit place they went to for some of the dress shirts was going out of business, and Mr. Clod picked up two really nice suits for himself for like $50 each.

xoxoxoBruce 12-18-2016 01:03 AM

Mr Clod fills the breech. Cool! :thumb:

footfootfoot 12-18-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 976730)
Mr Clod fills the breech. Cool! :thumb:

Clodfobble was that grateful? Mr. Clod's lucky day!

Gravdigr 12-18-2016 01:23 PM

Gives new meaning to "Once more unto the breach"...:D

Gravdigr 12-18-2016 01:31 PM

Momdigr's homemade chili.

Great day for chili, too. Just enough snow to tell it happened, the teensiest icicles on the tree limbs, and high of 25.

:yum:

xoxoxoBruce 12-24-2016 02:50 PM

I heard Putin's stealth bomber has the radar signature of a sleigh and eight Reindeer.