The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Shawnee123 08-13-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 475809)
I decided to check online to see if I could get a manual for our anserphone. Yes, of course I could!

So after being here nearly 5 months and accepting that we use a standard message because no-one knew how to personalise it... I can finally give callers some useful information! Starting with the fact that we're only here 10-6, Mon-Fri. Perhaps it's because we're an arts company, but a surprising amount of people call a couple of times over the weekend, leaving increasingly baffled/ irritated messages.

Do any of those messages start with "I'm not sorry about ur finger?" :lol:

Sundae 08-13-2008 04:20 PM

Not yet, but it's only a matter of time..!

Clodfobble 08-13-2008 05:21 PM

We got out in the little inflatable pool today. It wasn't too hot, Minifob kept the splashing to a reasonable level, and Minifobette actually had no problem getting splashed, even when he got her in the face a couple of times. I can't be sure because I was holding her up from behind, but I think she actually laughed about it at one point. And when it was time to come inside he did so without a fuss (well, okay, he was bribed with the offer of Nilla wafers.) It was a really nice afternoon.

lookout123 08-13-2008 05:25 PM

This is the last week before Lil Lookout heads back to school so I took the morning off to hang out with him. Nice morning starting with some soccer in the backyard, some Battlefront on playstation, then to Barnes and Noble for some starbucks and reading. For the first time he picked out a book with exactly zero pictures in it. :)

DanaC 08-13-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

For the first time he picked out a book with exactly zero pictures in it.
Aww bless:) that's a lovely milestone.

What's making me happy today is:

- the bank wrote to me and offered to extend my overdraft facility. Yey. This means I have been a good girl for a year and not played silly buggers with my bank account. I persuaded them to apply it to my account this week instead of next week as per the letter. This means the direct debit which was due to bounce hideously this morning instead had a soft landing:P

- I woke up this morning (admittedly rather later than planned) feeling competant and motivated. Yey. Got loads done. I've really been unconscionably lazy recently and have let my case work build up. So, today I got through a bunch of it and made calls I'd been putting off, and chased up stuff that I had been avoiding chasing. Had a really positive visit to a constituent, and was even able to deliver some good news to a group of residents.

- to reward myself for being a grown-up today, I treated myself to two Big Finish audio plays, at a cost of £7.99 each and have them downloaded onto my laptop ready to take upstairs and listen in bed. Cup of tea, slice of cheesecake and a Doctor Who audio play. Nice.

Aliantha 08-13-2008 07:47 PM

I got a package from someone very wonderful last night. It's a book about the things your friends will tell you about pregnancy that the doctors wont.

I've read the first few chapters and they've been very amusing and quite spot on as far as all the crap that happens to pregnant women.

Thanks SG. You are a true sweetheart! xoxox

Sundae 08-13-2008 08:26 PM

You're welcome.
I doubt it contains any surprises but I read it a while back and thought it was totally you.

You are now morally obliged to provide the Cellar with the first baby picture, rather than selling it to a celebrity magazine. There is no such thing as a free lunch... er, book.

Aliantha 08-13-2008 08:29 PM

lol...well I did have an offer from Womens Weekly, but I think I know where my loyalties lay. ;)

Griff 08-14-2008 07:08 AM

We had what turned into a long bull session at the nursing home last night. Lil' Pete's first fencing maestro was holding court. He was in his glory. He gave lessons to Lil' and a former student who was a Cornell varsity fencer, then had them bout. It was a good chance to measure Lil's progress. She fenced beautifully and integrated some new stuff in they'd been working onand got some insight into college fencing from someone who's been there. oh yeah, Lil won

Ibby 08-14-2008 09:09 AM

The girl that just moved in downstairs
in addition to being... way cute
is the ONLY person i've met, my age
who can hold their own with me
when it comes to rock&roll

i mean this girl knows her shit. She can name the members of the Velvet Underground. She's head over heels for Neil Young.

shes just amazing.

there is another guy sorta in the picture... the guy moving in over on the other side of the building, who is quite a bit better looking than me, has apparently known her since preschool (though hasnt had much (any?) contact with her since), but the two are pretty close already apparently. Unless i'm reading it wrong it looks like there might be a little there, but...

i've got a year. and i really like this girl.
i think i'm taking her out to dinner this weekend

we'll see. we'll see.
=]

HungLikeJesus 08-14-2008 10:20 AM

Strange weather in Colorado. Some areas are expecting up to a foot of snow tomorrow.

BigV 08-14-2008 10:38 AM

My new haircut.

Sundae 08-14-2008 10:58 AM

Picture!?

I'm happy because I just got back from the docs. He listened, asked questions and listened again (this time with his stethescope) to my belly, my chest and my throat.

Yes, he agrees I have reflux, and potentially a gastric problem, but it isn't anything more sinister (I wasn't worried about that to be honest). He's put me on PPIs for two weeks then I come back for a review. If they don't work I might have an endoscopy, but again, I don't expect that to be the case.

Yay! An end to the heartburn!

Cicero 08-14-2008 11:11 AM

I am going to Colorado...I hope I am not in a foot of snow tomorrow....

I can't wait!! I am leaving in 45 minutes! How fun! An adventure! On my own!

Clodfobble 08-14-2008 11:44 AM

Monster and her family will be visiting shortly! Hooray!