The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Chocolatl 04-29-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 561402)
When I first read Pie's post, I thought that Choco's happy (which I hadn't gotten to yet) was going to say she was going to be the next to be adding to the Cellar family.

Though I am dissapointed that's not the source of her happy, the news about her mom is really great! Way to go! :driving:

You know, I was just on the phone with ChocoMama last night, and she said that all of her coworkers kept asking when she would have grandchildren. "Don't you want grandkids?" they asked her. "Doesn't matter what I want," she responded, "because they're the ones that have to deal with it all." Awesome answer, mom!

I don't think we'll be adding to the family for a while yet, but when a ChocoBaby or KitsuBaby comes along, I promise y'all will be among the first to know. :)

Pie 04-29-2009 02:29 PM

Thank you, glatt. :thumb:

Clodfobble 04-29-2009 09:55 PM

I just got a check from some lawyers involved in the bankruptcy case of my former employer. After four and a half years, I have now received approximately 1/5th of what they owe me (which is more than I ever expected to see.) And what's more, the language isn't clear but it seems possible that they're saying this money is only from one part of the litigation, and I might be receiving more of my money at a later date.

Cicero 04-29-2009 11:09 PM

My friend from Colorado will be here soon to visit!! Yah!!
I miss my friends. :(

classicman 04-30-2009 10:15 AM

Good for you Clod - thats awesome!

Sundae 04-30-2009 12:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My seeds have sprouted!
After watching them jealously for days, thinking every pale grey speck of soil was an emerging shoot, all of a sudden they exploded into life and I missed it!

Oh and I have a beautiful new ring. I love it for its own sake, and for the sender.

DanaC 04-30-2009 12:34 PM

I managed to get four and a half of my five a day today. God it was hard work. yesterday I managed two.

Today I have had: a glass of fruit juice (1 of the 5) and did some spaghetti with one of those stir in sauces, but I added four cherry tomatoes, three spring onions (together that's about 1 out of the 5) along with three desertspoons of tinned peas and three dessert spoons of tinned kidney beans (that's about 1 1/2 ). And I ate an apple. (1)

Feeling quite chipper about that.

Tiki 04-30-2009 04:02 PM

I got two new chicks today. Bittersweet.

morethanpretty 05-01-2009 12:42 AM

Turned in the term paper today (I was a bit short but I just don't care anymore)!
Two more weeks of classes left! Wheeeeeee!

Trilby 05-01-2009 08:19 AM

I have written a KICK ASS paper and am quite goofy-faced pleased with it! I feel like a car salesman who just unloaded a Hummer!

YAY!

DanaC 05-01-2009 08:52 AM

Way to go Bri:) What's it on?

I am pleased with myself because again...I elected to eat fruit and vegetables. Goodness that's three or four days in a row now...

I didn't do the financially sensible thing of looking in my cupboards and fridge and making do with whatever's there. I did, however, choose to buy a boxed salad from the village bakery/deli, instead of a steak pasty and an eclair (which was what I fancied). Now, granted, I'm not sure how healthy one can consider a salad that's at least half stodge (bacon, chicken, mayonnaise all glooped together in a mix + coleslaw); but...it had a goodly amount of onion, grated carrot and cabbage (via the coleslaw), delightfully crunchy and fresh lettuce, cucumber, a few pieces of red pepper, about a medium size tomato in slices, and a boiled egg (not veg but good source of lecithin).

I also bought a banananananana (that enough na's?) though...I only managed half of it. Should have waited til later to eat that. But I wanted something sweet after all that salad.

So...I now feel like I have eaten enough to last me for the rest of the week and somehow I have to try and do the same thing again tomorrow...or even later tonight...but hey...gotta be better than that empty shite I usually fill up on (McD's, BK's, Gregg's pasties, sweets etc).

I reckon the salad and half a nana combined make between two and three portions. I'm going to try and persuade myself to drink some more pomegranate and blueberry juice later.

If I can persuade myself to eat another meal later, and can manage to include half a tin of peas I might actually make it to 5 portions today.

I am feeling happy about this.

Trilby 05-01-2009 08:57 AM

Dana, I am off to the grocery right now to stock up on some sensible things, too, and not go off all over to eat fast food all week like I did LAST week (and now my heart is hurting from it all), I wonder if Cherry has influenced us to eat better? :)

my paper is on Lady MacBeth and how the witches are much, much better role models for women to follow. well, that's it in a really small shell - but I AM happy with it!

eta: I realize saying the witches are better role models than the lady is simplistic as the lady is no lady, but it's more to do with feminine archetypes and the divided self and being true to self...blah blah blah...so, yeah, that's it.

Tiki 05-01-2009 09:23 AM

This morning I got up and took a shower.

Small victories!

SteveDallas 05-01-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 561879)
my paper is on Lady MacBeth and how the witches are much, much better role models for women to follow.

So what you're saying is, it's better to stay at home and cook than to get involved in politics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki (Post 561886)
This morning I got up and took a shower.

Small victories!

Way to go!! Some days that can be a not-so-small victory.

Queen of the Ryche 05-01-2009 10:06 AM

Today I am happy for this thread. So full of happy vibes, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Thanks for sharing guys!