The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

plthijinx 12-29-2010 10:15 PM

very good idea but i kinda already put it here

zippyt 12-30-2010 12:28 AM

Smoker boxes for a grill
Rainen and cold ALL day but we were DETERMINED to smoke !!!
Der Schmoker
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5168/...461a72e718.jpg
Der schmoker by zippyt, on Flickr

The Messy shed ( Yes Both doors were Open )
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5201/...e8ef665619.jpg
Messy shed by zippyt, on Flickr

Ribs and a Turkey
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5087/...a94ca3bbb8.jpg
befor by zippyt, on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5210/...57eef26239.jpg
during by zippyt, on Flickr

we All ready Sampled the ribs , Verry TASTY !!

TheMercenary 12-30-2010 07:31 AM

Looks great Zippy. I am going to slow cook some ribs today.

Sundae 12-30-2010 07:36 AM

Zips that looks amazing!
I've been living on cereal and toast for 5 days, so it makes my mouth water :)

I lie. I had a McDonalds Double Cheeseburger yesterday. But the only really enjoyable thing about that was seeing two pupils from Class 2, who as always were both surprised and delighted to see that I exist outside of school. Yay!

Anyway, today I have received the first of my pre-Christmas eBay purchases. I had been hoping they would arrive before JB day - I leave next Friday - but knew I couldn't count on it. My 99p top is more fitted than I had supposed, and is a bit like a tight jumper (jersey). But I like it just the same - if you can't hide it, decorate it. And it really is brand spanking new (worn once apparently, but my guess is that was just to try it on).

Yay! New clothes!

Griff 12-30-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 702332)

Um... is that a gas can by your smoker?

zippyt 12-30-2010 12:22 PM

Um... is that a gas can by your smoker?

Thats the Kero jug , Been empty for Years
ALL the other fuel jugs ( gas , Mixed gas , diesel etc,,,) were Out side

Shawnee123 12-30-2010 12:35 PM

Is that a gas can by your smoker or are you just happy to see me? :lol2:

Sundae 12-31-2010 09:52 AM

Second 99p top arrived today.
Much looser than the last one :)
Mum said it would be great for the summer (wrong, it's great for now but I so appreciate the unlooked for response).
Again, you'll probably see it in the GTG photos.

It's raspberry (ie dark pink) a lightweight smock style.
Lovely and cool.

Just have to hope my new shoes arrive in time...

kerosene 12-31-2010 05:41 PM

The wind finally stopped.

Sundae 01-01-2011 10:47 AM

Watch (TV channel) are having a Doctor Who Day.
All weirdly out of order - to keep us watching I suppose.

Just seen David Tennant's first episode.
I had forgotten how gorgeous he was. And YOUNG!

The Runaway Bride next... told you it was out of sequence!

Griff 01-01-2011 08:05 PM

:) We're watching the Christopher Eccleston series right now.

Griff 01-01-2011 08:29 PM

I can't believe we just got rickrolled by Dr Who...

skysidhe 01-02-2011 10:19 AM

Happy?

Anxious, Excited, Thankful and ready to rock and roll, but happy?

I dreamed of crashing planes last night. wtf

Taking a deep breath. * everything is going to be just fine*

FAKES HAPPY:D

Lamplighter 01-02-2011 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
But Sky, this morning was one of the most brilliant sunrises
we've seen in the Willamette Valley for a long, long time...
must be the beginning of good things.

No more plane crashing dreams :greenface

Tried for pics, but my little digital doesn't really like sunrises/sunsets

Sundae 01-02-2011 11:02 AM

Hey Sky - last night I had a dream where my Dad really yelled at me for what happened over Christmas. He called me lazy, worthless, not part of the family and told me point blank the only solution was for me to move out.
And it had him down to a tee - he was still trying to mediate even when he was flaying me alive (verbally), and still trying to say it was all over now and no need to keep rehashing it. But it was bloody awful and he came out with some real home truths.

Luckily the dream moved on to something more pleasant (I seem to remember John Barrowman was present) and I woke up only mildly disturbed.

As soon as my parents went out however I cleared up the clutter in my room - as I know it drives Mum crazy - washed out Diz's litter tray (a real scrub once a week not actually due til Wednesday) washed my bedding and did the ironing.

All of which went un-noticed, but hell it made me feel less guilty.

So I know how you feel. The power of dreams is teh grimness.

Lamplighter 01-03-2011 09:51 AM

Two Dwellars have already made me laugh this morning.
The start of a better year...

Pun's are the best
Here's Mons

As are twists
And Here's Capnhowdy

skysidhe 01-03-2011 10:56 AM

Thanks sky and Lamp.

Sundae,Isn't it awful that our subconscious weak spots play out in our dreams. Fortunately, we can kick them to the curb. I hope you are feeling better. I looked up the meaning of planes crashing. It means 'self doubt'. Yeah, no kidding. Wish they would tell me something I didn't know for a change. I understand the destructive power of being unemployed can be BUT the future is unwritten and the future is ours to write. right?! right.

Lamp, Yes the ice cold makes for some good sunrises, and I think I see a lighted tree in that shot? Nice pic!

Sundae 01-03-2011 11:24 AM

Turns out JB is performing tonight, so we might get to see him after all.
Dana, his understudy is bound to have a more heightened part having carried the show for over a week, so I'm sure we'll get to see him anyway. And his heightened part.

Reports back from the fan-listing suggest John looks tired, but is still on good form.
Fingers crossed.

You got your train tickets sorted out yet missus?

footfootfoot 01-03-2011 01:11 PM

Got my other MRI report today and will see the doc on Wednesday. As I suspected the dom shoulder is more fucked up that the other one, but I don't know all of the nitty gritty and according to the surgeon, you really don't know for sure until you get in there and start ferreting about.

So we'll talk ferreting on Wednesday. Glad to be moving forward on this, but not completely excited about the 6-12 months of re-hab.
OTOH, maybe I can start playing catch with my son...

nsfw words

Sundae 01-03-2011 02:56 PM

In FSM's name, foot, I hope you get it fixed before your son ends up in the bus station..
In seriousness, good luck with that - the immediate future might not be bright, but in 12 months time things will be much better...? Yeah, not ideal.

I'm happy AGAIN today!
Today has been a good day for me!
I've discovered that Channel 4 Ondemand have both series of Chelmsford 123 available! Okay, it's dated, and not the laff-a-minute I remember, but it's still wry, dry and FFS shows a fit young Rory McGrath... as a ginger! Give me 15 minutes alone with Badvoc, I'll make him cry for mercy. I'd do Aulus too.

Oh and The Big Fat Quiz of the Year is on in half an hour.
No Robert Mitchall or Rob Brydon or even Charlie Brooker sadly.
But Noel Fielding at least.

Lamplighter 01-03-2011 04:42 PM

After 35 years of DIY home repairs,
I have just found a good way to fix the hair-line and small cracks in plaster ceilings.

Windex has been known by humanity since pre-time for all kinds of human ailments and conditions,
but it dribbles down your arm when you load your putty knife for overhead work.
Duct tape works fine for larger cracks, but it often frays about the edges when it gets old.
Plaster and Spackle compounds are the first choice of novice DIYers,
but these require experience, drying time, sanding, etc.

Enter KILZ (latex), the white, stain-killing, extra-fast drying, "paint-like" compound
that also kills odors, such as burnt/smoke damaged wood, and cleans up with water.

I just spread KILZ the length of the crack, then brushed it into the crack from each side.
Being liquid, it is drawn up into the crack, but it's thick enough to
smooth out the surface, even if one edge is not level with the other.

I'm very pleased for myself. :biggrinlo
Our house is 100+ years and cracks were rampant... not any more.

HungLikeJesus 01-03-2011 05:17 PM

I'm glad to see that you figured out how to fill your crack, LL.

DanaC 01-03-2011 05:37 PM

Big Fat Quiz of the Year was great as usual. Love the Fielding. Also, Jimmy Carr, one of my favourite comedians.

Umm...no Sundae, I haven't got ticket sorted yet. It's on my list of things to do tomorrow :P

What's making me happy right now? Other than the whole going-to-Glasgae-for-Pantomime-and-my-homegals thing: I just bought myself a tv:)

Been putting it off for ages. The tv I have is an old 15 inch bedroom combo set that mum's neighbour was ditching at around about the same time my old telly was dying. That was about 3 years ago.

Anyways: the big sales advertising campaigsn finally got me. They've been touting the beat the VAT Rise thing all over Christmas and it ends midnight tonight, as that's when the new VAT levels begin to apply.

After all that I didn't end up getting one of the sale items, but it was still a decent deal and it would still have been more expensive to wait til the new VAT levels apply.

Here it is: my new 27 inch HD LED tv:)

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-m278...84759-pdt.html

monster 01-03-2011 06:17 PM

I discovered all the old big fat quiz of the years earlier this year. wonder when this one will make it to youtube? can't wait :)

zippyt 01-03-2011 08:47 PM

Here it is: my new 27 inch HD LED tv

Cool Dana !!!

monster 01-04-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 703110)
I discovered all the old big fat quiz of the years earlier this year. wonder when this one will make it to youtube? can't wait :)

yay. Day wasted....

Clodfobble 01-04-2011 03:19 PM

OMG I just discovered the most useful thing ever! (For me, anyway.)

I get chronic, severe nosebleeds in the winter, ever since I was a kid. They can start without warning--usually in public because it's more fun that way--and gush for up to half an hour, no matter how much pressure I put on it. When I was younger they were lightly concerned about hemophilia, but they ruled it out a few times. Evidently I just have totally wussy nasal membranes.

So Minifobette has been taking Vitamin K in concentrated drops. And it occurs to me, as I'm typing one-handed while the other keeps the bloodied kleenex jammed up my nostril, that Vitamin K is a clotting factor. Hospitals give a Vit K injection to all newborns to prevent umbilical-stump bleeding problems immediately after birth. "I wonder if maybe I should take a few doses of her medicine sometime and see if it helps," I think to myself. But that doesn't help me right now, 10 minutes into my 3rd nosebleed of the day. So instead I take a fresh kleenex, and drip a couple drops of the Vitamin K oil directly onto the wadded tip, and cram it back up my nose.

The bleeding stopped almost immediately. You cannot believe how happy this makes me.

footfootfoot 01-04-2011 03:33 PM

On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd guess very.

glatt 01-05-2011 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I told everyone who asked for present ideas this Christmas that I wanted a graduated cylinder so I could mix mohitos with more success this summer. But nobody wanted to buy my a graduated cylinder as a present. Who knows? Maybe the crack down on meth has made them illegal now.

So at lunch time, I walked over to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought one of these for myself. Close enough.

Sometimes, it's the little things.

Shawnee123 01-05-2011 01:50 PM

That is awesome.

I remember a bunch of years ago my little brother wanted a Chia Head for christmas. He figured no one would think anyone else would get him one so EVERYONE would get him one and he'd get nothing but Chia heads. Feast or famine, it seems. I think I was the designated Chia head purchaser.

Lamplighter 01-05-2011 02:52 PM

Glatt, label your gem well because that's perfect for measuring
garden sprays and some are benign, others not so much.

Shawnee123 01-07-2011 08:29 AM

I scheduled a meeting for a new responsibility I just got, but we are cancelling it today due to lack of interest. Well, that and one important attendee can't come.

I LOVE putting off for tomorrow what I could have done today. Seriously, I do. I'm like the Scarlett O'Hara of financial aid: I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day!

Sundae 01-07-2011 08:33 AM

I'm very nearly on my way...

OnyxCougar 01-07-2011 02:15 PM

My e-cigs came in today. Hopefully I will now be able to satisfy my oral fixation with something other than.....food.

Sundae 01-09-2011 12:12 PM

Today I am very happy with food, drink and the company I am keeping.
Oh, and the marvel that is John Barrowman of course.

Sigh.

Pico and ME 01-09-2011 01:51 PM

I finally googled his image and MAN! What a Cutie! OOO LA LA.

Clodfobble 01-09-2011 01:52 PM

So his replacement was out and he was back in, then? Good to hear! Hope you ladies are having a blast.

Yznhymr 01-09-2011 10:50 PM

It's snowing and I love the snow. I hope it snows 6"-8". Rarely do we get that so this would be a great treat for us.

I also had a job interview recently and I think it went very well. I hope to hear positive news soon.

zippyt 01-10-2011 09:07 AM

it snowed last nite ,
I called my Boss this Morning
he said I'll call ya if I need ya
So Whats making ME Happy today
gas logs , full coffee pot , and games to play !!!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5122/...92b1d736cd.jpg
pics 024 by zippyt, on Flickr

Shawnee123 01-10-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 704552)
it snowed last nite ,
I called my Boss this Morning
he said I'll call ya if I need ya
So Whats making ME Happy today
gas logs , full coffee pot , and games to play !!!

Color me jealous. Hoping the winter storm coming snows us in tomorrow! :D

Shawnee123 01-10-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yznhymr (Post 704506)
It's snowing and I love the snow. I hope it snows 6"-8". Rarely do we get that so this would be a great treat for us.

I also had a job interview recently and I think it went very well. I hope to hear positive news soon.

You can keep the snow, unless it causes aforementioned closings, but good luck on the job!

OnyxCougar 01-10-2011 11:28 AM

My new semester starts today. I'm doing "History of Art: Survey I" book/website stuff right now. :D 3 semesters from now I'll have my AA degree and Step 1 of The Plan™ is complete.

monster 01-10-2011 12:01 PM

AA degree? Does The Plan™ have 12 Steps?

Trilby 01-10-2011 12:17 PM

AA = Associates in Art??

Lamplighter 01-10-2011 04:50 PM

Just saw this... modern, but not too much

monster 01-10-2011 08:22 PM

There's nothing modern about skiing/sledding

Trilby 01-11-2011 10:05 AM

Just found out BBCAmerica shows the X-Files twice a day! Yipee! Mulder and Scully!

HungLikeJesus 01-11-2011 01:57 PM

I realized this morning while I was eating breakfast that if you know that the square root of a number, a, is b, the square root of (a+2) is very close to (b+1/b).

For example, the square root of 100 is 10, so the square root of 102 is approximately 10 + 1/10 (10.1 squared is 102.01).

Also, the square root of (a+1) is very close to (b + 1/(2*b)). -> The square root of 101 is approximately (10 + 1/20) = 10.05.

This makes it easy to calculate square roots for numbers close to known squares.

This is less accurate for small numbers, the error being (1/b) squared in the first case and 1/(4b^2) in the second case.

Trilby 01-12-2011 07:26 AM

Re: the above post.

That's a fucked up thing to realize in the morning.

HungLikeJesus 01-12-2011 09:15 AM

I know. It kind of distracted me all day.

kerosene 01-12-2011 06:26 PM

Nerd alert!

plthijinx 01-12-2011 07:07 PM

lmao. i never was good with numbers. except flying numbers.

anyway, went to the gym today and started my workout routine. despite the fact that i can't hardly lift my arms i feel good! making change happen is a good thing! :thumb:

DanaC 01-12-2011 07:09 PM

What's making me happy: a big bag of smoke, and long weekend's worth of happy memories.

Big Sarge 01-12-2011 07:12 PM

Illicit drugs? OMG!!!!

DanaC 01-12-2011 07:14 PM

Yeah...got a few licit ones too!

Big Sarge 01-12-2011 07:26 PM

Now I'm worried about you. Don't they have drug education programs there? Haven't you seen "Reefer Madness?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_vL...eature=related

DanaC 01-12-2011 07:37 PM

I have. But I was on acid at the time.

plthijinx 01-12-2011 07:57 PM

:facepalm::eek::lol2:

ZenGum 01-13-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 705282)
I have. But I was on acid at the time.

How ironic. I saw Freakouts and Flashbacks on grass.

Sundae 01-13-2011 05:09 AM

I saw the skin on the back of my hand hitching and crawling on mushrooms.