The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

Cicero 06-03-2009 02:14 PM

I have missed you cellar but I am back!! Yah!! :)

I may or may not be using a neighbors wireless. This means my visits will be spotty and uncomfortable. :)

Still unpacking....bleeeergh.

I really hope I am less busy soon. Miss you guys!!

DanaC 06-03-2009 02:15 PM

wtf have you been young lady? Hmm?

glatt 06-03-2009 02:27 PM

Welcome back, Cicero. How's things?

Cicero 06-03-2009 02:53 PM

Hey guys! I have had out of town guests, moved, and worked a heck of a lot. I managed to move most of my stuff by myself, slowly but surely in between work etc...

I have been so crazy busy! AAah! The new place needs a lot of cleaning, and I have been helping to also remodel the bathroom.........

I love my new living area and have a lot more room. I also don't absolutely despise my roommates so things are going great so far.

I live with 2 guys so the house is bachelor-ified, so I also have been decorating randomly, and of course...cleaning. More like scrubbing and scrubbing....My dog is a lot more happy here and seeing her happy is a huge relief. Now more unpacking and work! ;)

Missed you guys!!! ;)

Shawnee123 06-03-2009 02:54 PM

Good to see you Cic! Been wonderin'!

capnhowdy 06-03-2009 06:14 PM

Great news, Cic! Glad you're back-o.

Chocolatl 06-03-2009 08:07 PM

I bought my very first suit today. Woo! I feel so grown up.

SteveDallas 06-03-2009 08:24 PM

Congratulations, but I have to say, I've bought 3 or 4 suits in my time, and it hasn't served to make me feel like an adult.

ZenGum 06-03-2009 08:32 PM

I have one suit. Meanwhile, Ibram seems to wear nothing but suits. And sneakers. Damn kids these days .....

Pie 06-03-2009 08:45 PM

Tomorrow, from my share of the Farm I'm getting:
  • strawberries
  • lettuce mix(siapan, curly, butter crunch, oak leaf, kale, spinach, romaine, arugala)
  • radishes
  • spring onions
  • asparagus
  • rhubarb
  • fresh shallots (used same as spring onions)
  • stored apples (braeburn)
Now I need to figure out what to do with lotsa radishes -- and rhubarb (without making pies or sweets!)

monster 06-03-2009 08:56 PM

just eat the radishes like apples. The use the rhubarb for sex games with mr. pie.

Alibar 06-03-2009 09:33 PM

Happy today because of playing bridge and winning first.

Clodfobble 06-03-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie
Now I need to figure out what to do with lotsa radishes -- and rhubarb (without making pies or sweets!)

That's a tough one... rhubarb is so tart, you have to add at least some kind of sweetness just to make it palatable. Here's one non-dessert option. Or another.

ZenGum 06-03-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 570557)
just eat the radishes like apples. The use the rhubarb for sex games with mr. pie.

Just dont rubarb him up the wrong way.

Pie 06-03-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 570557)

:blush: "Oh my!" said Mr. Pie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 570576)
That's a tough one... rhubarb is so tart, you have to add at least some kind of sweetness just to make it palatable. Here's one non-dessert option. Or another.

Well... to clarify, I need to cut down on the sugars. Perhaps I'll break out the Splenda or agave nectar. The ham steak with rhubarb sounds good -- I've made a sour cherry sauce for pork chops that works wonderfully.

I also loved the pickled radishes at the local Chinese place in Plainsboro, NJ -- but they used daikon, I think. I'll sub these and see what I get. There's also the french method of putting them on a baguette with butter and a sprinkling of salt. :yum: