The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 06-02-2012 07:12 AM

My brother will be there.

DanaC 06-02-2012 07:22 AM

Even coolerer.

Trilby 06-02-2012 07:41 AM

Tiger's croc and mouse are making me happy today. :)

footfootfoot 06-02-2012 12:19 PM

Took second place in the silhouette match today!

Trilby 06-02-2012 12:21 PM

What is a silhouette match? Or should i already know?

Blueflare 06-02-2012 12:45 PM

I went for a 45 minute walk. Wish I could have gone for longer.

footfootfoot 06-02-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 813675)
What is a silhouette match? Or should i already know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalli...uette_shooting

TheMercenary 06-05-2012 07:09 PM

Great Rugby Match in the Bahamas. Only came out with a few cleat marks, a black eye, and a dislocated finger. Great fun. Can't wait til next year.

ZenGum 06-06-2012 04:03 AM

Sounds about right, probably nothing illegal in all that. I hope you put that finger back in on the field of play! ;)

(For non-Rugby peeps, at the professional level, that is often done, either by a medic or the player themself. :shock: )

Aliantha 06-06-2012 10:38 PM

Mav had a dislocated finger once from playing footy in the yard with Aden. It was at Dad's place, so a little drive to the hospital, and we considered putting it back in ourselves, but decided to go the safe route just in case there was any kind of fracture. They offered to give him an injection for the pain when they put it in, but he decided to go without. In the end I think he made the right choice. Those needles hurt like holy hell if you ask me. lol

Aliantha 06-06-2012 10:44 PM

Oh, and the thing that's making me happy today, which was why I came to this thread in the first place, is the wonderful friends I have in my life these days. I have always been lucky to have a couple of really good friends, and never really thought I'd collect more along the way, but there are a couple of really lovely ladies whom I've developed really special friendships with since we moved down here 4 years ago.

I feel truly blessed by them today. They are the ones keeping me going through what is turning out to be a really trying time.

I guess in some ways that old saying about when a door closes, someone (or god) opens a window somewhere. That's how I feel about these friends. They always seem to know when I need them and they bring a bit of light in when things seem really dark. :)

classicman 06-06-2012 10:55 PM

Good for you Ali. That made me smile. Happy for ya.

Blueflare 06-12-2012 08:43 AM

I saw a film where the protaganoist (a writer) decided to really go for something, reject social norms and follow his dreams, though his dreams happened to be cliched and silly.
But the point is, I want to do the same thing. I feel inspired.
Every time I feel happy or inspired about anything I feel a sense of terror that someone will take it away from me, like the bottom could fall out of my world at any second, being comprised as it is of possibilities, and not realities. But the truth is that there is very little about reality that makes me happy anymore. Maybe it's only by following my dreams that I can improve my reality.
I dunno, I'm pretty ill today, I feel drunk but not in a good way, I may just have had the greatest epiphany of all time or these may just be the quixotic ramblings of a disfunctional loser who will never achieve anything.

Nirvana 06-12-2012 10:03 AM

Late yesterday a FB friend of mine from England posted that her friend had lost a little dog in a huge field in Blackpool. She posted mainly for others in that part of the world to be on the lookout for this Chihuahua. Anyway I suggested that they place an article of worn clothing by the owner out near where the dog disappeared. This morning I woke up to a post that they put a jumper in a box and the little dog found its way there.

A story told in my husband's family at holiday gatherings about their Mom losing her little dog in a farm field during planting. They told her to leave her coat and come back after awhile. She did and the little dog was sitting right on the coat.. I never forgot that story and I was happy to make use of it for someone else even if they were all the way across the world :).

glatt 06-12-2012 10:08 AM

That's a cool trick! Well done.