The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

jimhelm 06-29-2012 10:15 PM

I just went out for a late night ride on the motorcycle. I've been doing that lately when its hot cuz it feels so nice. tonight I just barely beat the rain home. caught a few sprinkles but nothing to speak of. now I'm standing on my front porch watching the light show .....crazy zig zag lightning.

spoken in to my phone using tapatalk

monster 06-29-2012 10:24 PM

ugh. glad he's back and you're all happy, tho'

DanaC 06-30-2012 05:26 AM

Soudns lovely Jim.

@ Philthy: you're a good egg.

ZenGum 06-30-2012 07:28 AM

Man, that's a lot of hardware to be carrying.

I'd say, get well soon, but I suspect there is a rehab plan and the only bit marked "soon" is "begin". So: get well thoroughly.

plthijinx 07-01-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 817870)
Man, that's a lot of hardware to be carrying.

I'd say, get well soon, but I suspect there is a rehab plan and the only bit marked "soon" is "begin". So: get well thoroughly.

yeah, that about sums it up.

he's been able to sleep really well the last two nights which is a huge plus. he's in good spirits and getting around the house. taking care of him is a chore though. from laundry to cooking among a few other duties.....hell i'm trying to get office work done and it's hard. i'm on the last drawing of 12 that i started yesterday and when i finish that i have to start another project i was supposed to of started yesterday.

gonna be a busy next few weeks i think.

orthodoc 07-01-2012 02:00 PM

Glad to hear your friend's getting some sleep and in good spirits. That goes a long way ... still, it's a lot for you. He's lucky to have such a good friend. Take care of yourself in the next few weeks, too.

I finally got the last boxes unpacked, broken down, and into storage ... now have to hang a few pics and get this place looking homey. I'm loving just having my own space. It's making me happy today!

plthijinx 07-01-2012 04:15 PM

nothing like having your own space/place. do what ya want, when ya want and how ya want!

Roommate was able to walk to the corner of the street earlier (about 250 yds or so). i was up here working on a project and had no idea he'd even left. (that kinda irked/startled me a bit him not saying he was leaving) but anyway he'd gotten back and decided to take a shower. the downstairs bathroom isn't that big but i am thankful that when we remodeled the shower we made it as big as possible. if we'd of kept the old shower there's no way his chair and him would've fit in there.

the shower however went really well. i was surprised to see how well he got in and out. hell i'm amazed at the progress he's made in the 2 days he's been home!

Clodfobble 07-01-2012 04:48 PM

Dude, smack him on the arm for me and tell him that's not cool! What if he'd fallen down three houses away? How long before someone came to help him?

plthijinx 07-01-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 818043)
Dude, smack him on the arm for me and tell him that's not cool! What if he'd fallen down three houses away? How long before someone came to help him?

no shit! i understand he needs exercise and all but, really?? crap let me know when you leave dork!

orthodoc 07-01-2012 05:40 PM

Umm, yeah. He needs to work with you, here ... I'm sure he's anxious to regain his independence, but - a little common sense goes a long way.

plthijinx 07-01-2012 05:46 PM

he just laid down for a nap then asked me to clip his toenails :vomit:

i did ask him to let me know if he leaves like that. so i know to either expect him back or walk with him. something. just to be aware.

orthodoc 07-01-2012 06:21 PM

*SNORT*

sorry ... no greater love hath a friend ... :lol:

plthijinx 07-01-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 818071)
*SNORT*

sorry ... no greater love hath a friend ... :lol:

hey at least it wasn't dingleberries! that'd of thrown me off the chain!

orthodoc 07-01-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 818073)
hey at least it wasn't dingleberries! that'd of thrown me off the chain!

Dingleberries? Don't think I want to know ...

I'm going to google this, and I KNOW I'll regret it ... :yelsick:

plthijinx 07-01-2012 06:44 PM

oh you will