The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 01-05-2015 01:33 PM

That must have made your day, Grav.

DanaC 01-05-2015 01:39 PM

That's awesome Grav ;lol.

Re: Doctor Dani - not quite yet. It all kind of collapsed and went into meltdown this morning - a little under two days working, without a break and without sleep and it wasn't ready - I had a computer mishap and lost two current chapters - not entirely, I had the previous versions but had to start reconstructing and redoing - and then the thesis template was a nightmare and ate my graphs and tables then spewed them back out in a random fashion - so the had to go etc. etc.

So, there I was an hour away from the last possible time that i could email a copy to the printers, and I had no finished conclusion, no graphs and tables, no acknowledgement page or contents, virtually no bibliography and a bunch of missing footnotes that I'd spent hours sorting out before losing the work.

Thankfully my supervisor is awesome and even more thankfully was answering his emails straight away. I mailed him to warn him that i was essentially submitting a partially complete thesis (better to hand in something incomplete than not hand in anything at all). He got straight onto the exam people and next thing I know he's sorting out a 2 week extension.

Still a fair old whack of work to do - but doable and I'll be handing in a thesis that better reflects the amount of work I have put in :P

Currently on 273 pages. Gonna have to tighten up a bit to get the bibliography and tables in without going over the 300 page limit :)

Am now feeling really upbeat - but drained. almost 2 full days mainlining coffee and baileys (:p) and staring at screen and books and papers.
I'm having the evening off. And I am going to turn off the comp and giove my eyes a rest so I can hit it fresh tomorrow morning :)

I came in here though because I wanted to say how happy my dwellar friends make me. I swear to dog, you guys keep me borderline sane.

lumberjim 01-05-2015 01:42 PM

That's nice, Diggr

made me a little happy too

glatt 01-05-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 918201)
TAnd I am going to turn off the comp and giove my eyes a rest so I can hit it fresh tomorrow morning :)

Smart.

Don't get sucked in to anything. Go to bed early. Hit this in the morning with fresh eyes and a clear head.

DanaC 01-05-2015 01:53 PM

Bingo. I figured I'd nip in here and touch base (fnarr fnarr) and also thank bruce for being awesome and kind and thoughtful. And now I am switching the computer off :) I have a date with a sofa, some salmon paste sandwiches (childhood favourite = comfort food) and a very beardie dog.

*waves*

Lola Bunny 01-05-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 918196)
I got a Survival Kit last night. From a femalegirlwoman.

:jig:

Awwww.....

Gravdigr 01-05-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 918198)
That must have made your day, Grav.

Li'l bit.

Be better if she'd made my night.

:D

Gravdigr 01-05-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 918208)
I have a date with a sofa, some salmon paste sandwiches (childhood favourite = comfort food) and a very beardie dog.

You. Kinky. Heifer.

:p:

Carruthers 01-06-2015 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 918196)
...a femalegirlwoman.

It is my considered opinion that they are the best sort. ;)

Gravdigr 01-06-2015 09:43 AM

Agreed.:D

Undertoad 01-14-2015 04:44 PM

I have a great podiatrist. He knows his stuff inside out, follows the latest findings, treats the whole patient, and has a remarkable attitude.

If my feet eventually improve to the point where I don't need him, I'm going to injure them again so I can keep seeing him every 6 weeks.

footfootfoot 01-14-2015 05:04 PM

I had an oral surgeon like that, eventually I ran out of wisdom teeth. He was awesome.

BigV 01-14-2015 09:04 PM

that was unwise, footfootfoot.

Griff 01-15-2015 06:23 AM

My regular Doc is one of those guys, you just want to check in with him to see what's going on. He resides in a sweet spot between Orthodox Christianity and hippyland. Just a cool dude and smrt.

footfootfoot 01-15-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 919191)
that was unwise, footfootfoot.

Apparently my decision making gradually declined.