The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

monster 05-07-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 451771)
The rhythm of soles on pavement, lungs filled with the sweet smell of blooming crabapple trees, following the scent back to my childhood backyard.

I misread. I was trying to imagine why Crappable trees would be a good thing.....

Cicero 05-07-2008 09:39 PM

First celeb. e-mail through work. lol! Wow. :)

elSicomoro 05-08-2008 10:08 AM

Percocet :grinnylov

Cloud 05-08-2008 12:33 PM

Wow! Got a $4,500 check out the blue. Nice surprise!

BigV 05-08-2008 12:42 PM

Rode the bus to work today.

WTG Cloud!

Shawnee123 05-08-2008 12:43 PM

OK, I need to know who "The Blue" is and how to get into contact with him. I got some cable TV to get, before it's too late! :p

Good surprise, Cloud.

Cloud 05-08-2008 12:56 PM

no kidding. I inherited a bunch of little oil and gas interests, and I get checks dribbling in. They've been going up--no big surprise there, but -- nothing like this. This amount is about 10 times the entire royalties from this provider for last year.

Apparently we hit a big pocket of gas! :D

I don't have any particular need or use for this money, so I'm sticking it in savings. It's about 4 months' worth of gas, so maybe it will keep up!

Maybe I'll take a real trip, like off the North American continent.

Trilby 05-08-2008 01:32 PM

belated congrats, Dana! and to you, too, cloud---always nice to get a check!

Shawnee123 05-08-2008 01:37 PM

Heck, I hit a big pocket of gas earlier today and got nuttin'! Seriously, that is cool.

Oh, and I've been a bad lurker...congrats DanaC! :)

Ibby 05-09-2008 12:32 PM

Today, I realized just how surreal my life is.
This realization came while watching two extremely hyper, fairly attractive asian girls dancing wildly to Prince in my living room (well, more like den) at midnight.

lemme back up a bit.
tonight was the second and last night of Paradox Plus, one of the TAS theatre events. I acted as the lead in one short play, as a silent extra in a second, and as the on-stage director in a seated reading of a play I had written. Everything went off extremely well, and the show as a whole (10 15-minute one-acts) went brilliantly. Then, I hosted a cast party at my house, with i'd say around 20 people showing up and having a great time eating junk food and listening to some great vinyl and just hanging out for a couple hours.

really, it was all just pretty amazing.

Sundae 05-09-2008 01:00 PM

Ibs that's pretty cool.
Remember that in years to come, when you wonder where your extremely hyper, fairly attractive asian girls are. You've already had your fair share.

For me it's Friday afternoon. Well, Friday evening.
I've been semi-avoiding HM because of a HORRIFIC row we had Weds night - I couldn't face him properly til we had time to talk. Called him this afternoon to say - genuinely - I was working late preparing for the Board Meeting on Sunday, and could he feed the boys? And when I asked if he was in later because I wanted a chat, he was fine. He told me not to worry.

So I feel light as air, and will make this the best board meeting ever - still proving myself in my new job.

Oh and it's summer here! Not altogether my bag, but it makes everyone else so happy. Tomorrow I intend to lie in and then go & read The Other Boleyn Girl in Greenwich Park, in the shade. After feeding the squirrels. Now I know I'm not going to be kicked out of the house I mean.

Happy days.

Shawnee123 05-09-2008 01:32 PM

You kick some board meetin' butt, SG!

Why is it when you describe your happy days it makes other people's days happy, too? :)

BigV 05-09-2008 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From last Sunday, but it still makes me happy today and every day:

BigV 05-09-2008 05:26 PM

Even better:

Going to the baseball game tonight, with Tink!

Cloud 05-09-2008 05:43 PM

cool new silver Birkies!