The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

limey 10-26-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 766804)
It could have been a little safer, but I don't see how it was life threatening in any way. You're almost certainly not going to die if you fall 5 feet. Maybe twist an ankle.

Good job, V.

I have a 14 foot pole saw for jobs like this and even though it takes a little longer, it's much more comfortable to use and safer. I use it at least once a year to trim branches around our service entrance wires. Prune them while they are small, and the job is easy. Plus it's a fiberglass pole, so even if you are an idiot and cut into a power wire, you will be safe.

Yabbut fall five feet with a jumpin' chainsaw in your hand? Uh-uh!

Sundae 10-26-2011 12:32 PM

I have a Sunday job!
Boots the Chemist decided I was exactly what they were looking for.

Well, for a month anyway (sigh).
Turns out it's just a Christmas position.

Never mind - I have my induction tomorrow (which I will obviously get paid for) and then start on 27 November.

Second interview this year, second job attained.
You see? They love me once they meet me - I just need to persuade more people to meet me! At least once I have this in the bag I'll have more recent experience on my CV (resume) to offset the gap when I was unemployed.

It's money for four Sundays which I wouldn't have otherwise.
And even better, it doesn't interfere with my Glasgow plans, as I don't leave Victoria until midnight on Sunday 18th. I very much doubt the store will be open that late...

SamIam 10-26-2011 12:56 PM

Yay, Sundae! A Sunday job for Sundae - that has got to be fate or karma or something. Who knows? Maybe they'll like you enough that you'll get to stay on in one capacity or another.

You go, girl!

Pete Zicato 10-26-2011 01:05 PM

V,Please remember that I hold you in the highest regard when I say, are you nuts?

footfootfoot 10-26-2011 01:17 PM

He may be a dumbass, but he's our dumbass.
j/k V

We luvs ya.

Pete Zicato 10-26-2011 01:18 PM

I'm happy to be out of the hospital.

I have to wait now for test results to see if I'm rejecting the Remicaid or if the Crohn's has gotten worse. The test takes a couple of weeks.

glatt 10-26-2011 01:30 PM

Sundae, that's excellent news. And it may only be a seasonal position at this point, but once you have your foot in the door, it may lead to more. You never know.

limey 10-26-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 766859)
I have a Sunday job!

They'll discover you're just what the doctor ordered and decide to keep you! Well done!!!! Yay you!

Aliantha 10-26-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 766865)

I have to wait now for test results to see if I'm rejecting the Remicaid or if the Crohn's has gotten worse. The test takes a couple of weeks.

Great to see you're out of hospital Pete. Maybe the test could show that you just have a bug or something? I'll hope for the best for you anyway mate. xx

Sundae, what everyone else has said. Often part time jobs turn into something more permanent, so here's hoping. BTW, can you get us free drugs now?

monster 10-27-2011 08:54 AM

Excellent news, Sundae. Once you have that in, you'll be first in line when the need permanent part time staff.

Sundae 10-27-2011 11:06 AM

Had my induction today.
Turned out there was some confusion about my start date, it is in fact this Sunday.
So I have another month's worth of wages to earn.

Yay.

limey 10-27-2011 12:19 PM

Brill!

zippyt 10-27-2011 03:38 PM

Good deal Sunday !!!!

V , Raise yer right hand ,
Now smack yer self for me

TheMercenary 10-27-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 766859)
I have a Sunday job!

Well, for a month anyway (sigh).
Turns out it's just a Christmas position.

Never mind - I have my induction tomorrow (which I will obviously get paid for) and then start on 27 November.

Second interview this year, second job attained.
You see? They love me once they meet me - I just need to persuade more people to meet me! At least once I have this in the bag I'll have more recent experience on my CV (resume) to offset the gap when I was unemployed.

It's money for four Sundays which I wouldn't have otherwise.
And even better, it doesn't interfere with my Glasgow plans, as I don't leave Victoria until midnight on Sunday 18th. I very much doubt the store will be open that late...

Great NEWS! Congrats. Make an awesome impression and maybe they will hire you full time or call on you when they are short of staff in the future. I am very happy for you!

TheMercenary 10-27-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 766865)

Glad to hear you are home. Crohn's is a tough disease. Hang in there.